God, Goodness and Evil

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

God, Goodness and Evil

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

In a World where everbody is perfectly intelligent, hypothetically, under God there is no evil!

That is, people with perfect intelligence would ensure a World with no evil in it, God still the omnipotent creator of substance of the Universe in Heaven!

Unlike God, the Devil is not able to create anything. Thus, the Devil is not omnipotent in the biblical sense.

That is, further, we must demand from "Atheists" thinking of God as evil that they must include the Devil in the account of the Bible. We therefore get down to actual formula when we add all evil people given original sins and temptations in producing our World today, 2019.

So what say you? Care to comment on a bit of enlightenment? Are the "Atheists" winning through with their "unfair" account of the Bible? Do they manage to present competition in terms of Worldview? Do we as "white list" religious people have what it takes to win the World?

Note: ETI Theory of Intelligence is the view that intelligence and intellect increase by increasing ethical and moral character by Kantian ethics type of metrics assessment.

:study: :D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: God, Goodness and Evil

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Aetixintro wrote: In a World where everbody is perfectly intelligent, hypothetically, under God there is no evil!

That is, people with perfect intelligence would ensure a World with no evil in it, God still the omnipotent creator of substance of the Universe in Heaven!
I actually agree with this view, and this is one of the many reasons that I came to realize that Christianity cannot be true.

This basically requires that no truly intelligent person can be evil, for the simple reason that choosing to do evil things is indeed a truly stupid thing to do.

But that creates an extreme problem for this theology. If the only people who can be evil are stupid people, then why did God create stupid people? Why not create everyone with perfect intelligence? :-k

So recognizing that to choose evil is a stupid thing to do actually exposes this religion to clearly be nothing more than false mythology. No intelligent God would have created stupid people only to blame them for being stupid.

Therefore atheists are correct in rejecting any and all claims that any gods exist. For if that were the case then everyone should be perfectly intelligent but they aren't. So clearly there is no creator God.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

Divine Insight wrote:I actually agree with this view, and this is one of the many reasons that I came to realize that Christianity cannot be true.

This basically requires that no truly intelligent person can be evil, for the simple reason that choosing to do evil things is indeed a truly stupid thing to do.

But that creates an extreme problem for this theology. If the only people who can be evil are stupid people, then why did God create stupid people? Why not create everyone with perfect intelligence? :-k

So recognizing that to choose evil is a stupid thing to do actually exposes this religion to clearly be nothing more than false mythology. No intelligent God would have created stupid people only to blame them for being stupid.

Therefore atheists are correct in rejecting any and all claims that any gods exist. For if that were the case then everyone should be perfectly intelligent but they aren't. So clearly there is no creator God.
First, we do not know how the World has run its course. We do not know how, exactly, this World has come to be this way.

There is clearly a World older than scripture and this sets limitations to what can be accurately put down in terms of writing the true history.

So let's assume God exists. I mean Utopia may be right ahead of us. If Utopia is achieved, does not this justify all that's been written in the Bible? I think it does.

Why give the World to those who are not acting according to sound morality only to make sure its doom? It's not like there's only 10 people who believe in a deity, but billions of people. Are you really going to command them to be evil because a deity "likely does not exist" according to yourself?

And when we first are at it, why are there so few Humanists on this forum? Is it because it really takes a fundamental belief in Heaven and actions to go to get there that makes the cut? I wonder...
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

Nothing in your previous post made much sense to me as none of it addressed the original issue you introduced.
Aetixintro wrote: Why give the World to those who are not acting according to sound morality only to make sure its doom?
Exactly.

So why did your God create stupid people then? :-k

I'm afraid I didn't see your answer to that question yet.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 4 by Divine Insight]

I write:
That is, further, we must demand from "Atheists" thinking of God as evil that they must include the Devil in the account of the Bible. We therefore get down to actual formula when we add all evil people given original sins and temptations in producing our World today, 2019.
I say that the Devil is responsible for "making" stupid people.

You must know that people in the past have had great problems in separating the truly virtuous from those lacking in personal moral character.

Given therefore God of full goodness and the Devil of full evil, we may be able to formulate an accurate equation for how the World is how it is today, 2019.

So I imply that the World is heading for grand celebration of God given the Utopia in near future, 20 years or so.

The blunt answer: It's the Devil!!! God has not made a single stupid person!

:study: :D 8-)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Aetixintro]

Do you believe that goodness and intelligence are synonyms? Are there no intelligent evil people?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 6 by JehovahsWitness]

Yes, technically speaking, I claim that goodness (ethical and moral character) is biconditional to intelligence! See biconditional relation of logics for this.

Thus, perfectly good God is also perfectly intelligent.

That is, if ethical and moral character of Kantian type is low then intelligence, truly, is also low! Good? You have gotten confirmed? :)

Cheating, various foul tricks, may make it appear otherwise, but truly, the intelligence is directly related to ethical and moral character. People who cheat will in the long run always be discovered.

Note on Kantian ethics as Golden standard, the bar!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 6 by JehovahsWitness]

Yes, technically speaking, I claim that goodness (ethical and moral character) is biconditional to intelligence!

What do you mean goodness is biconditional intelligence? Is that not a statement of value rather than causality?

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 8 by JehovahsWitness]

No, it's a statement of causality, the place of ethics and morality in people as in nature.

Check out the examples of black and white money by banking industry and haunted, desecrated, "rotten" buildings by insurance industry.

If you trade in people, do human trafficking for money, do you think you keep the sense of money by that? Don't you think you get a problem with money if you continually do awful things for money? The black money...

Same with buildings... If you do horrible things in a building, that building may become desecrated, impossible to use by human beings.

There is much to discover in the World. :study: 8-)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

[Replying to post 9 by Aetixintro]

I'm sorry I do not understand what you are talking about, can you present evidence that you cannot have intelligence without goodness? Can you prove that intelligence causes goodness?*

While I agree you cannot be good without intelligence, even that is not causative since one is an intellectual capacity which enable the latter, but the latter (goodness) is a moral quality which is not necessarily a natural component of intelligence.

You cannot have a green car (intelligent goodness) without a car (inteligence). But you can have a car (intelligence) without it necessarily being green.
Just as cars are not caused by green, goodness is not caused by intelligence.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Is it accurate to imply poor people lack intelligence?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 457#982457
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.