No
13%

Total votes: 8

Danmark
Site Supporter

"Jesus was in no way a Jew," Wllum

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

William claims Jesus was not a Jew. His reasons appear faulty to me, but it may be worthy of debate.
Jesus was in no way a Jew.
He defied commandments.
He practiced and suggested blasphemy.
There is no divine impetus or scripture to suggest a Jewish mother makes you Jewish. It is a completely human convention and...

Deuteronomy 23:2 makes bastard-born people excluded from the assembly of God...

"No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the LORD. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD."

You may say that since God did the immaculating, [sic] that it was sanctioned, the issue is, so few Jews believed this, and OFFICIALLY he was the son of an unholy union between a Roman soldier and a naughty young woman, that you really have no basis at all to make the claim.

In fact, even if Jesus was the son of God, mom could have been a kangaroo, for all the difference it would make.
viewtopic.php?p=984119#984119

Willum
Savant

Re: "Jesus was in no way a Jew," Wllum

Post #41

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 40 by WeSee]

And now you may answer how Jewishness is transferred from Mom to child:

Milk?
Culture?
Genetics?
Magic blood?
Convention?
What if they don't want to be Jewish?
If what you say is true... then I am sure 'everyone' has a Jewess in their direct family line somewhen, does this make just about everyone Jewish?

No, I read, but had understood before I read... I appreciate your courtesy, however.

WeSee
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by WeSee »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 40 by WeSee]

Milk?
Culture?
Genetics?
Magic blood?
Convention?
If what you say is true... then I am sure 'everyone' has a Jewess in their direct family line somewhen, does this make just about everyone Jewish?

No, I read, but had understood before I read... I appreciate your courtesy, however.
Not sure how you drew that conclusion. One of the lines I highlighted in bold was: "A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism."
The key there would be "whose mother".

As for the rest of your questions, read the article at the link provided. It's not that long, pretty well written and should provide answers to most if not all of them.

Willum
Savant

Post #43

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 42 by WeSee]

So your link claims genetics, which has been shown to have no definitive link to being Jewish, and magic.
This still needs explaining, as it explains nothing, just introduces jargon.

Statistically, most people will have a Jewess in their family. You can look it up, they are usually snarky articles about how various racial purity groups have genetic traits of the people’s they hate.

And you still haven't answered about Jesus.
He was an apostate Jew, preaching things outside the Torah. That means he was no longer Jewish?
He was non-Jewish enough, that Jews insisted upon his death, does this make him "not Jewish?"
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

WeSee
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by WeSee »

[Replying to post 43 by Willum]

So your link claims genetics...
Actually it doesn't.

This still needs explaining, as it explains nothing, just introduces jargon.
Actually it explained many things and pretty well.

Statistically, most people will have a Jewess in their family.
No idea why you continue to harp on this, given that it said "...whose MOTHER was a Jew OR any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism".

And you still haven't answered about Jesus.
He was an apostate Jew, preaching things outside the Torah. That means he was no longer Jewish?
He was non-Jewish enough, that Jews insisted upon his death, does this make him "not Jewish?"

No idea why you continue to harp on this, given that it said, "It is IMPORTANT to note that BEING A JEW has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE OR WHAT YOU DO.".

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #45

Post by OnceConvinced »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 40 by WeSee]

Milk?
Culture?
Genetics?
Magic blood?
Convention?
How about just because they want it to be so?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Willum
Savant

Post #46

Post by Willum »

I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by Danmark »

Perhaps we could all simply be open to truth instead of insisting on our own version of what we 'know' to be true.
I only wish I could follow my own ideals...

Willum
Savant

Post #48

Post by Willum »

Willum wrote: [Replying to Avoice]

Interesting, but a Jew wouldn’t do that, correct?
Avoice, you never did answer.

I find no one gave quantitative responses, demonstrating being one.
Bringing up a further qu3stion; is it only perception that makes a Jew?