Debates on Christianity, Creation vs Evolution, Philosophy, Politics and Religion, Ethics, Current Events, and Religious issues

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:49 am
Actively Christian Versus the Inactive

Like this post
Dear you

I seek to clarify the importance of the 10 Commandments in light of these:

1. Keep the commandments, say Jesus

2. Be not deceived by the Devil to become evil...

1 Peter 2:1
1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

2 Corinthians 11:13
13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.

Psalm 36:3
3 The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good.

Proverbs 12:5
5 The plans of the righteous are just, but the advice of the wicked is deceitful.

2 Timothy 3:13
13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

One is definite, but I wonder if we together can work how the list of references look in the end.

The question, really, is the standing of The 10 Commandments and the importance of being actively Christian in order to not become evil.

What say you? Old testament? New Testament? Old Testament and New Testament together?

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:07 am

Like this post (1): Aetixintro
Following the commandments (10 commandments and things Jesus said) are important. But, the most important thing is to follow the greatest commandments - Love God and love others. On these hang the entire law and the prophets.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Re: Actively Christian Versus the Inactive

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by Aetixintro]

Hello,

Christians are not under any of the Commandeménts in the "old testament" the 10 commandments have been replaced with Christian law and principle.

If we follow Christ we will not be judged as "evil".

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 3 by JehovahsWitness]

We should agree, though, that it's with a good heart that one follows the example of a God person of Jesus.

It must be true that any evil, lying person can claim to follow Jesus Christ and as we all know, still end up in Hell!

I think, there is no doubt that Jesus loved God of all his heart and when we "are in Jesus", we must do the same, much like the Bible says also.

Agree?

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:09 am

Like this post
Aetixintro wrote:

[Replying to post 3 by JehovahsWitness]

We should agree, though, that it's with a good heart that one follows the example of a God person of Jesus.

It must be true that any evil, lying person can claim to follow Jesus Christ and as we all know, still end up in Hell!

I think, there is no doubt that Jesus loved God of all his heart and when we "are in Jesus", we must do the same, much like the Bible says also.

Agree?

Im one of JEHOVAHS WITNESS its a given I disagree with 90% of what most people say on the matter of Christianity. Still I can agree that the heart condition is what is essential.

JW

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter