Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Black holes

Post #1

Post by Tart »

I have been thinking about it, and i just dont want to believe in black holes anymore... It is depressing and i dont care....

Tell me, why should i believe in such things, and why care?

This is a bit of a spin off of this
viewtopic.php?t=36393

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

You're entitled not to care if you don't want to. And who cares whether you care about them or not?

I don't care about black holes either. Whether they exist or not is of no consequence to me living my life now. If it should turn out they are pathways to other universes, dimensions or times, that's great, but I personally am never going to be able to visit one in my life time.

Of course if it were to be proven that black holes in some way affect my life now, I might be more interested in them. But I will never get to visit one.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Tart »

You know, and maybe the truth is true, maybe they do lead to another realm?

Like event horizon?

Actually i feel really sorry for Stephen Hawkings... The poor guy lived an ok life i guess, and then died in unbelief...

Who knows? Seems like everything is pointing to something

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

Tart wrote:

Actually i feel really sorry for Stephen Hawkings...
Seems to me he would be resting in peace right now, free of suffering he went through all those years. I don't think we need to feel sorry for him.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

OnceConvinced wrote:
Tart wrote:

Actually i feel really sorry for Stephen Hawkings...
Seems to me he would be resting in peace right now, free of suffering he went through all those years. I don't think we need to feel sorry for him.
i certainly hope so... man his death scares me the very most... i need to pray for this guy

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Zzyzx »

Tart wrote: ... man his death scares me the very most...
Why does Hawking's death frighten you (anyone)?
Tart wrote: i need to pray for this guy
Pray away if that makes you feel better.

Do you labor under the impression that your prayers will make any difference to a dead person? If so, how?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Diagoras
Guru

Re: Black holes

Post #7

Post by Diagoras »

Tart wrote: I have been thinking about it, and i just dont want to believe in black holes anymore... It is depressing and i dont care....

Tell me, why should i believe in such things, and why care?
Because they’re fascinating and potentially a source of virtually limitless energy.

Here’s a fun video from the excellent Kurzgesagt organisation that explains this a bit more.