Behind the anger

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Behind the anger

Post #1

Post by Athetotheist »

I've been on this site, to which I came primarily to engage with Christians, for only a couple of days and I've already gotten into it with an atheist who apparently didn't realize that I was actually supporting his position on a particular topic. That got me wondering about what sparks such reactions.

Trying to look at it from the other side, I'm thinking that a lot of what we perceive as "atheist anger" may come from fear----not fear of being proven wrong, but a fear of what they see developing on the social landscape. Groups and individuals with theocratic desires have been emboldened by those in power who are willing to offer them what they want. Given the nature of theocracy, that bodes ill for anyone outside the "True Faith". So the next time you encounter atheist anger, think about what it is that may be scaring them-----and should be scaring all of us.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Behind the anger

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Athetotheist]

The most reasonable merely say democracy and human rights about the future. Sure you haven't been with the wrong people?

:study: :D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Athetotheist »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Athetotheist]

The most reasonable merely say democracy and human rights about the future. Sure you haven't been with the wrong people?

:study: :D 8-)
The most reasonable among every group say democracy and human rights about the future.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Zzyzx »

Athetotheist wrote: I've been on this site, to which I came primarily to engage with Christians,
Those who are most comfortable engaging with fellow Christians may find Holy Huddle sub-forum (‘Christians only’) to their liking.
Athetotheist wrote: I'm thinking that a lot of what we perceive as "atheist anger" may come from fear
What is it about ‘I don’t believe your god tales’ that indicates fear in Atheists? If anything, that position upsets believers – particularly when their claims of knowledge of the supernatural are challenged.
Athetotheist wrote: ----not fear of being proven wrong, but a fear of what they see developing on the social landscape. Groups and individuals with theocratic desires have been emboldened by those in power who are willing to offer them what they want.
Across time and cultures, religions often or usually attempt to gain political power – which may lead to conflicts and warfare (as the Middle East demonstrates currently). Some political systems limit the power of clergy to inflict their beliefs on others and on societies.
Athetotheist wrote: Given the nature of theocracy, that bodes ill for anyone outside the "True Faith". So the next time you encounter atheist anger, think about what it is that may be scaring them-----and should be scaring all of us.
Those who frequently ‘encounter atheist anger’ might be well advised to look in a mirror.

Many Non-Theists are confrontational and assertive rather than angry – challenging religious propaganda.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence