None good but God

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

None good but God

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Question: If there are none good but God how can a not good being pay for my sins?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #131

Post by Eloi »

A son of God can't be GOD since God is not created, and his sons were, even Jesus before becoming human.

On the same wrong premise, any angel could be called "God" too ... even Adan before disobeying God:

Luk. 3:38 (...) Adam, [son] of God.

Job 38:4 Where did you happen to be when I founded the earth?
Tell [me], if you do know understanding.
 5 Who set its measurements, in case you know,
Or who stretched out upon it the measuring line?
 6 Into what have its socket pedestals been sunk down,
Or who laid its cornerstone,
 7 When the morning stars joyfully cried out together,
And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?

Jehovah is the God of gods, and when Jesus became human he didn't keep divine nature at all ... he could not have died.

"god' can be a lot of things, as said before ... God is one person in ONE position, the Majesty in heavens ... and He is Jehovah as the whole Scriptures show.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Re: None good but God

Post #132

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Wootah wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 am Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Question: If there are none good but God how can a not good being pay for my sins?
The first thing you have to clarify, before I will answer your questions, is who paid for your sins
and what did it cost them, and who did they pay?

Wootah
Savant

Post #133

Post by Wootah »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 am
Wootah wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 am Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

The first thing you have to clarify, before I will answer your questions, is who paid for your sins
Jesus.
His life.
The Father.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #134

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 am
TheHolyGhost wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 am

Jesus.
His life.
The Father.
You are saying to me, that Jesus gave His life in exchange,
to His Father to redeem you, from going to hell?
True or false?

Wootah
Savant

Post #135

Post by Wootah »

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #136

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:21 am [Replying to TheHolyGhost in post #134]

Yes. True.
One thing is for certain, you sure enough going to find out some day if
that is true or not true.

Has the thought ever occurred to you that the reason Jesus commanded
them who wanted to be saved to forsake all else and pick up their own cross and deny themselves
so as to follow Him on the same path to redemption? You know, redeem yourself for your own sins on your own cross?
To the Father? Jesus was showing you the way, you know, leading you, setting the example as to what it would cost YOU for YOUR own SALVATION? YOU KNOW...THAT IS IF IT WAS WORTH IT TO YOU.

Wootah
Savant

Post #137

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to TheHolyGhost in post #136]
Matthew 16:24-26
English Standard Version
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Pick up your cross and carry it. Absolutely.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #138

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:48 am [Replying to TheHolyGhost in post #136]
English Standard Version
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Why are you carrying it?

Wootah
Savant

Post #139

Post by Wootah »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm
English Standard Version
Why are you carrying it?
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #140

Post by TheHolyGhost »

Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm
TheHolyGhost wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm
English Standard Version
Why are you carrying it?
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
How did you lose your life for the sake of Jesus?