None good but God

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

None good but God

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Question: If there are none good but God how can a not good being pay for my sins?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: None good but God

Post #151

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #149]

Yes, your problem is you think not God is good enough. You want the standard lower and works based.
You don't think that Jesus is good enough?? He is considered to involve a lower standard? :shock:

Wootah
Savant

Post #152

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 am

Yes, your problem is you think not God is good enough. You want the standard lower and works based.
You don't think that Jesus is good enough?? He is considered to involve a lower standard? :shock:
Obviously no created thing can pay for sins against God.

If you can honestly say that if I owed you $1,000,000 and you would accept a fig leaf I'll believe you are honest but not trust you in rational thinking.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #153

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 am

Obviously no created thing can pay for sins against God.

If you can honestly say that if I owed you $1,000,000 and you would accept a fig leaf I'll believe you are honest but not trust you in rational thinking.
You compare Christ to a fig leaf? :?

Well, the Bible says that Christ countered what Adam did, and Adam was created. So Christ was the perfect example of a man like Adam but who overcame temptation and proved faithful to God. It had to be a perfect MAN. "For since death is through a man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man. For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive." (I Corinthians 15:21,22) It's a perfect balance of justice.

Wootah
Savant

Post #154

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #153]
Just answer the question why would you rationally not accept such a payment but demand God do so?

Face the question.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #155

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:59 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #153]
Just answer the question why would you rationally not accept such a payment but demand God do so?

Face the question.
I would accept the fig leaf if someone I loved and trusted told me to do so.

Wootah
Savant

Post #156

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #155]

I think in Christ we are to be wise and know good and evil. Forcing yourself to be illogical to maintain your beliefs is not wise.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #157

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #155]

I think in Christ we are to be wise and know good and evil. Forcing yourself to be illogical to maintain your beliefs is not wise.
I am not "forcing myself" to illogically maintain my beliefs. I have concluded, for many years, after studying and scrutinizing, that my viewpoint is the most logical. I view your take on things as illogical. Would you take a minute to post something you think is illogical about what I believe? I can't think of anything that you might think about that.

Wootah
Savant

Post #158

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:22 am
Wootah wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #155]

I am not "forcing myself" to illogically maintain my beliefs. I have concluded, for many years, after studying and scrutinizing, that my viewpoint is the most logical. I view your take on things as illogical. Would you take a minute to post something you think is illogical about what I believe? I can't think of anything that you might think about that.
I would accept the fig leaf if someone I loved and trusted told me to do so.
^ You would take a fig leaf for a million dollars if someone told you they loved you and you believed them. That is irrational and probably abuse. No one who loved you would do that to you.

tam
Savant

Post #159

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

The Son of God is worth more than a fig leaf. The Son of God is worth more than a million/billion dollars. The Son of God is worth more than any of us (or creation) - and that means He is certainly worth more than our sins.

Christ paid for our sins - it doesn't matter who you believe those sins are against, Christ paid for our sins, period.

He doesn't have to be God (the MOST Holy One of Israel) to have done this.

He is the LIFE, and He is greater than all of us (and our sins.) He gave HIS life for our lives. LIFE for life.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ Jaheshua,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Wootah
Savant

Post #160

Post by Wootah »

tam wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 pm Peace to you,

The Son of God is worth more than a fig leaf. The Son of God is worth more than a million/billion dollars. The Son of God is worth more than any of us (or creation) - and that means He is certainly worth more than our sins.

Christ paid for our sins - it doesn't matter who you believe those sins are against, Christ paid for our sins, period.

He doesn't have to be God (the MOST Holy One of Israel) to have done this.

He is the LIFE, and He is greater than all of us (and our sins.) He gave HIS life for our lives. LIFE for life.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ Jaheshua,
tammy
Yes but compared to God the Son of man is a fig leaf (unless he is God). That's the point. Do you mentally, rationally understand that?

edit: Even if the Son of man is worth more than our sins, the sins are against God.

If you hit a person on the street you might get a fine, if you hit a police officer you might go to jail, if you hit a politician or a judge or the president the length of punishment changes. The sin is the same. Who it is against changes the penalty and the payment.

^ Do you mentally, rationally understand that? (<- honestly not a jab I am just trying to reach you.)