Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Jehovah Witness

Post #1

Post by Tart »

The more i think about it, the more im starting to believe the Jehovah Witnesses worship God the Father, yet deny Christ... So be it... I have done the same thing in my life. I have worshiped God and denied Christ...

However, in doing so I became consumed with my own morality, and blind to the world around me. Is there correlation?

Jesus said, the only way to the Father is through Him, however lets hypothesize, what if we were able to skip over this stepping stone and enter into fellowship with the Father, without knowing Christ... What might that look like?

Christianity teaches salvation comes from believing in Christ.. However, Jehovah Witnesses teach only 144,000 will go to heaven (Revelations 14:1)... "who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads."

I find it interesting that Jehovah Witnesses were the very first group to reach out to me, with their teachings... I think back, i studied with them, but defaulted away. Their laws did not make sense to me, and their controversial cult like attitude made me skeptical. However, thinking back i ponder if this rout would have been good for my salvation? I dont know? Becuase, it is true, i worshiped God the Father, or just God (an invention in my head, a higher power, etc..) without coming to Christ first... Which is kind of interesting...

However, i dont understand how a card in your wallet saying you do not take blood infusion, would have any significance on your salvation whatsoever... But is the law absurd? Where does it come from? What law should we abide by?

It is interesting for example that they are very strict on abiding by law talked about in the Bible... The law given to Noah, talked about in Act's... However, it seems like they are just creating law... Anyone can create law... How would we know this is God's law.. the passage in Act's, may be interpreted differently...

I ponder its real meaning... No blood? What good is that for me? There must be some more significant meaning??? I have my own theories about it that i will not share here... But why not turn to Jesus first? Although i myself have skipped that step from my beginnings as well... Is it possible to return to being covered by the Son, and entering the Father through Christ, after the fact? Perhaps not? Im not sure.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah Witness

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

Hello tart,

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses I feel I must clarify that we do not in any way "deny Christ". I can categorically confirm that Jehovahs Witnesses recognize and accept Jesus as the Christ (the Messiah), the Son of God and mankind's redeemer. We follow him in that we strive to apply what he taught in our daily lives since we also view him as our exemplar. We also consider Jesus our leader and our king.

Are Jehovans Witneses Christians?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 340#837340
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #3

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

I' m sorry you do not understand what we believe, notably on heavenly life being limited to 144,000 christians (If you would like clarification on that you have but to ask any of the Jehovah's Witnesses here on this site or consult our websire www.jw.org )

I'm sure, having studied with Jehovahs Witnesses in the past you are comfortable with your decision not to join us and we respect your decision and wish you well in your chosen path.

Regards,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

Go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN, GOD'S KINGDOM and .... THE 144,000
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 am, edited 7 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

WHY DO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES NOT ACCEPT BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS?
  • We didnt just invent this prohibition, it is based firmly on a biblical mandate (see below).
    ACTS 15:29
    "that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.�

Various other translations:
    http://biblehub.com/acts/15-29.htm

JW

NOTE Since this post seems to be entirely dedicated to musings about the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses you might like to consider posting further questions directly in the subforum: Questions for a group (link below)
SUB-FORUM : Questions for a group
viewforum.php?f=45

sorrento
Student

Post #5

Post by sorrento »

There are many, myself included, who consider Jehovah Witnesses to be a cult organization.
Perhaps a JW member could tell me why they shun those who have been "disfellowshipped"? Why do they practice such a thing when it has been shown to split families apart, turn mother against daughter, father against son, and even lead to some committing suicide?

Elijah John
Savant

Post #6

Post by Elijah John »

sorrento wrote: There are many, myself included, who consider Jehovah Witnesses to be a cult organization.
Perhaps a JW member could tell me why they shun those who have been "disfellowshipped"? Why do they practice such a thing when it has been shown to split families apart, turn mother against daughter, father against son, and even lead to some committing suicide?
Moderator Comment

Except for the first line, these are valid comments on our debating site. It is fair game to be critical of a given group or to highlight certain aspects of that group for criticism, as long as this is done with fairness and civility. However, it is forbidden here to refer to another religious organization as a "cult". The term is offensive to some of our participants.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #7

Post by Overcomer »

Tart wrote:
Is it possible to return to being covered by the Son, and entering the Father through Christ, after the fact?
If you're asking if it's possible to turn to Jesus after you have, in some sense, "bypassed" him in your attempts to seek out and connect with God, then the answer is yes. It's never too late to recognize who Jesus is, what he has done and why he is important.

Be mindful that the JW's Jesus is not the real Jesus. They deny his deity. However, if he were not God Incarnate, he would not be sin-free and if he were not sin-free he would not be able to atone for our sins, and if he doesn't atone for our sins then we are lost because we cannot atone for them ourselves given that we are sinners incapable of removing our own sins.

marco
Savant

Post #8

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote:

We didnt just invent this prohibition, it is based firmly on a biblical mandate (see below).

ACTS 15:29
"that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.�

The full version, that allows us to smile, is:

Acts 15:28-32 28It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. 30So the men were sent off and went down to Antioch, where they gathered the church together and delivered the letter. 31The people read it and were glad for its encouraging message. 32Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the believers.

First of all "it seemed good to the Holy Ghost". Isn't that lovely? - the Ghost was consulted and he said "Okay."
When we remember people in modern times read this and obey it, what can we say about "food sacrificed to idols"? Where? In the Vatican?

Of course no one wants to eat meat if the cow has been "strangled". This is possibly a prophecy (see later) about the Boston Strangler.

"You are to abstain from blood" - presumably this means one does not eat anything made from blood or with blood in it. Black pudding would be verboten, then. Fair enough. But the fools who prescribe the above had no knowledge about blood-transfusions so it would be a mistake to assume this is being referred to.

We are told that some characters called Judas (surely not!) and Silas (maybe Silas Marner the weaver invented by George Eliot) are prophets. That'll maybe be why blood transfusions are bad - Silas said so.

Of course the passage is hilarious, but what is sad is that some people today teach their kids this is serious stuff. We have come so far and learned so little.
Last edited by marco on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #9

[Replying to post 8 by marco]

Marco, was there something in my statement you would like to challenge as being inaccurate or a question you would like me to answer ?

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

Overcomer wrote: Be mindful that the JW's Jesus is not the real Jesus.
Tart, just a final point, be mindful that Overcomer's Jesus is not the real Jesus.
....at least not the Jesus presented in the holy bible. Many people present Jesus as being equal to Almighty God, which he never claimed to be befor during or after his earthly ministry. It is best to look to scripture to avoid being mislead by pagan traditions and human thinking.

Regards,

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.