JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1531

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:55 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:49 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:15 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:48 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1525]

It was just an illustration. ;)
Get serious for a few minutes.

Did God create the earth as very good from scratch?

Yes or no?
Yes.

He continued to work on it for billions of years and it came out as very good when He was finished.
If He created it very good in the beginning, then His alleged continuing to work on it for billions of years produced absolutely no improvements.

It was still very good.
I still don't understand your viewpoint, but you are entitled to your opinion.

My viewpoint is that God originally created the heaven and the earth as "very good" in Genesis 1:1.

This is in opposition to your "lump of clay" originally being created in Genesis 1:1, or existing from the start, or wherever it came from.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1532

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:48 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1525]

Yes or no?
Yes.

He continued to work on it for billions of years and it came out as very good when He was finished.
If He created it very good in the beginning, then His alleged continuing to work on it for billions of years produced absolutely no improvements.

It was still very good.

My viewpoint is that God originally created the heaven and the earth as "very good" in Genesis 1:1.

This is in opposition to your "lump of clay" originally being created in Genesis 1:1, or existing from the start, or wherever it came from.
Yes, I know you are in opposition to my pov. You have created an interesting scenario, but it is entirely your own opinion.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1533

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:38 pm

Yes or no?
Yes.

It was still very good.

Yes, I know you are in opposition to my pov. You have created an interesting scenario, but it is entirely your own opinion.

No it is not simply an opinion.

Did God not create the heaven and the earth in the beginning?

And was everything created by God seen to be "very good" according to God?

That being the case, the earth was created as very good in the beginning.

And if the earth was created very good in the beginning, but is described as void, empty, and dark in Genesis 1:2, then it had become that way over time!

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

Your "lump of clay" bit is a good example of simply an opinion or guess. Where is your biblical evidence to support that pov?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1534

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:48 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:38 pm

Yes or no?
Yes.

It was still very good.

No it is not simply an opinion.

Did God not create the heaven and the earth in the beginning?

And was everything created by God seen to be "very good" according to God?

That being the case, the earth was created as very good in the beginning.

And if the earth was created very good in the beginning, but is described as void, empty, and dark in Genesis 1:2, then it had become that way over time!

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

Your "lump of clay" bit is a good example of simply an opinion or guess. Where is your biblical evidence to support that pov?
Genesis 1:2

He began with a formless and dark ball and formed it gradually into the beautiful earth we have now.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1535

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:09 am

He began with a formless and dark ball and formed it gradually into the beautiful earth we have now.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:2 King James Version)

Where does that verse say that God began creation of the earth with a "formless and dark ball"?

Where did your imaginary "formless and dark ball" come from?

Who created it?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1536

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:05 pm

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:2 King James Version)

Where does that verse say that God began creation of the earth with a "formless and dark ball"?

Who created it?
Oh come on. How do you describe a round earth if you can't say it is a "ball"? Isn't it? Looks like that in photos. A beautiful blue ball. Who created it? God and His Son.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1537

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:41 pm

Who created it?
Oh come on. How do you describe a round earth if you can't say it is a "ball"? Isn't it? Looks like that in photos. A beautiful blue ball. Who created it? God and His Son.
"Ball" is fine with me.

Where did your preexisting imaginary "formless and dark ball" that you believe was God's starting point for creating the earth come from?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1538

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:02 am

Who created it?
"Ball" is fine with me.

Where did your preexisting imaginary "formless and dark ball" that you believe was God's starting point for creating the earth come from?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1539

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:52 am

Who created it?
"Ball" is fine with me.

Genesis 1:2 is not the starting point for the creation of the earth. The starting point is Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

Genesis 1:2 describes the state of the earth sometime after its creation:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:2)]

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1540

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:27 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:52 am

Who created it?
"Ball" is fine with me.

Genesis 1:2 is not the starting point for the creation of the earth. The starting point is Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

Genesis 1:2 describes the state of the earth sometime after its creation:
Not so. It describes the earth as it was before God started forming it to be a home for living physical beings.