JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

Miles
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1101

Post by Miles »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:41 pm There is a saying that goes: they are not missaid words but misinterpreted, in Spanish "no son palabras mal dichas sino mal interpretadas".

Sometimes NWT editors change expressions in the new revisions to avoid misunderstandings, and NOT BECAUSE the previous way of translating was incorrect; That way they make the meaning of the translation clearer, so it is decided that it is better to express the same idea in different words. Truth may have many ways of being expressed, some easier to understand than others, but it will never stop being true.

There are many versions of the Bible that are ultra periphrastic, and that use language so popular that it can even border on a change in the meaning of the text. However, sometimes they help simple people to understand the main idea of the information contained in the passage.
Kind of makes one wonder why god has never stepped in and done this himself; correct his message so the Bible's various misleading verses, meanings, and contradictions are eliminated. Is it that he won't or can't? Assuming that he could, it must be that he won't, which raises the question of why. Why would god be content to see his message so fractured that it has splintered it into more than 45,000+ world-wide denominations.* My guess is that either he doesn't care, or the whole Judaeo-Christian god story is an ancient fabrication that is now dangling by a thread to stay alive.

* source

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1102

Post by Eloi »

Miles wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:56 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:41 pm There is a saying that goes: they are not missaid words but misinterpreted, in Spanish "no son palabras mal dichas sino mal interpretadas".

Sometimes NWT editors change expressions in the new revisions to avoid misunderstandings, and NOT BECAUSE the previous way of translating was incorrect; That way they make the meaning of the translation clearer, so it is decided that it is better to express the same idea in different words. Truth may have many ways of being expressed, some easier to understand than others, but it will never stop being true.

There are many versions of the Bible that are ultra periphrastic, and that use language so popular that it can even border on a change in the meaning of the text. However, sometimes they help simple people to understand the main idea of the information contained in the passage.
Kind of makes one wonder why (...)
You can "wonder" whatever you want ... It won't change a thing.

Miles
Savant

Post #1103

Post by Miles »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:07 pm

Which, I imagine, is a real kick in the teeth.

......................... Image

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1104

Post by Eloi »

Miles wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:18 pm

Which, I imagine, is (...)
You can imagine whatever you want. It won't change a thing.

Miles
Savant

Post #1105

Post by Miles »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:26 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:18 pm

Which, I imagine, is (...)
You can imagine whatever you want. It won't change a thing.
Yeah, Christians are pretty much hanging on by their fingernails.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1106

Post by Eloi »

Miles wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:40 pm Yeah, Christians are (...)
Your opinion about Christians is irrelevant.

Miles
Savant

Post #1107

Post by Miles »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:43 pm
No more irrelevant than yours, partner. :mrgreen:

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1108

Post by Eloi »

Miles wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:45 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:43 pm
No more irrelevant than yours, partner. :mrgreen:

Somehow maybe
Have a good day.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1109

Post by kjw47 »

Kind of makes one wonder why god has never stepped in and done this himself; correct his message so the Bible's various misleading verses, meanings, and contradictions are eliminated. Is it that he won't or can't? Assuming that he could, it must be that he won't, which raises the question of why. Why would god be content to see his message so fractured that it has splintered it into more than 45,000+ world-wide denominations.* My guess is that either he doesn't care, or the whole Judaeo-Christian god story is an ancient fabrication that is now dangling by a thread to stay alive.

* source

God has stepped in. Its called the NEW world translation. Rejected by all who remain in darkness. Since God inspired his name in 7000 places in his bible, means he wants his name in every one of those spots. Only the wicked fear using Gods name in vain. The wicked removed it by satans will to mislead. It should seem very strange to all why all the other religions claiming to be christian condemned the translators of the NWT for putting Gods name back, they know 100% God inspired his name in those spots. The reason why is because they are all in darkness.

Miles
Savant

Post #1110

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:29 pm

* source

God has stepped in. Its called the NEW world translation. Rejected by all who remain in darkness. Since God inspired his name in 7000 places in his bible, means he wants his name in every one of those spots.
What name are you talking about, and how does all this fit into the discussion here about the Bible's various misleading verses, meanings, and contradictions, including those found in the NWT?

Only the wicked fear using Gods name in vain.
Boy, the way criminals and such use god's name in vain makes one wonder what it takes to be truly wicked, doesn't it?

The wicked removed it by satans will to mislead.
The wicked removed what?

It should seem very strange to all why all the other religions claiming to be christian condemned the translators of the NWT for putting Gods name back, they know 100% God inspired his name in those spots.
News to me, but then I'm lucky enough not to be any of youse guys.

The reason why is because they are all in darkness.
So why doesn't your god show them the light? Or are all the 144,000 spots all spoken for, making it's senseless to invite anyone else into the club?