JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1201

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:26 pm I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

They all show that Jesus is God.

Just like Elijah was John the Baptist.

Did not John the Baptist deny he was Elijah?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1202

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:45 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:26 pm I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

They all show that Jesus is God.

Just like Elijah was John the Baptist.

Did not John the Baptist deny he was Elijah?
There is no more to say to you, WinkyDinky, as you will not answer any of the OP's verses I have supplied.

John the Baptist came in the spirit of Elijah, not that he was actually Elijah. "He will go before him [YHWH] with Elijah's spirit and power." (Luke 1:17)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1203

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1202]

To Winky.....Can you take just one of the OP's verses and show how it shows that Jesus is God.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #1204

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #1202]

To Winky.....Can you take just one of the OP's verses and show how it shows that Jesus is God.
You have your own private interpretation of scripture
to which you got from an made made organization claiming to be the one true church.
Your organization is a corporation. The last time I looked the church that Jesus built was not incorporated.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1205

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:22 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #1202]

to which you got from an made made organization claiming to be the one true church.
Your organization is a corporation. The last time I looked the church that Jesus built was not incorporated.
Give us YOUR interpretation of just one of those verses. The verses are not from the WTS, they are straight out of the Bible. What do you say about just one of those verses that no one has tampered with. Use your own Bible. (We will use any Bible.) You probably don't have any answer because you never answer anything. You just accuse an organization that you know nothing about.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #1206

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Give us YOUR interpretation of just one of those verses. The verses are not from the WTS, they are straight out of the Bible. What do you say about just one of those verses that no one has tampered with. Use your own Bible. (We will use any Bible.) You probably don't have any answer because you never answer anything. You just accuse an organization that you know nothing about.
I do not have any interpretation of any of the verses in the bible.
For it is written that no scripture is of private interpretation.
God is Jesus Christ. That is of not any private interpretation.
Them who are born of God do not trespass the doctrine of Christ.
Them who do have not the Father or the Son. They have not God.
Now who is God? The Father and the Son, who are one.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1207

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:45 pm

The only true God is Jehovah, the Father (John 17:3), and He is "one" with Jesus AND Jesus' disciples. (John 17:21-23) Are Jesus' followers also God?

Jesus prayed to---not himself---but to Jehovah. He made the request concerning his disciples: "in order that they may all be one, just as you Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. Also,
I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one." (John 17:20-23)

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #1208

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:58 pm

The only true God is Jehovah, the Father (John 17:3), and He is "one" with Jesus AND Jesus' disciples. (John 17:21-23) Are Jesus' followers also God?

Jesus prayed to---not himself---but to Jehovah. He made the request concerning his disciples: "in order that they may all be one, just as you Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. Also,
I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one." (John 17:20-23)
You do not know if any of that you believe in the book the bible is even true.
You even say some of it is not true and translated wrong. I say all that you believe is the that to which has been translated wrong. Now prove me wrong. And if you cannot prove me wrong then stop using that to which is your own opinion and the interpretation of the occult you adhere too
as your source of truth in this debate.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1209

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:42 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:58 pm

You do not know if any of that you believe in the book the bible is even true.
You even say some of it is not true and translated wrong. I say all that you believe is the that to which has been translated wrong. Now prove me wrong. And if you cannot prove me wrong then stop using that to which is your own opinion and the interpretation of the occult you adhere too
as your source of truth in this debate.
There is no interpretation of the WT. JWs read the Bible and we also compare versions. We can get a pretty good understanding by doing a lot of research. It's not that we are told what to do, we are actually encouraged to do research. There is a lot of mis-translation of the Scriptures, but going back to the original Hebrew and Greek one can see more clearly what they are really trying to say. E.g., most versions take out the name of God and substitute "LORD" instead. That is evident when you look at the original Hebrew texts. Is that my own opinion?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1210

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1209]

We have to keep in mind the important fact that Jesus Christ is coming back soon, and will we be ready? Let us concentrate on how we will stand before him. He will judge all of us, and after the 1,000 years have passed, he will "hand over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet." (I Corinthians 15:24,25)

Jesus is coming to clear away all evil from the earth. Many will be done away with at Armageddon because of their wickedness, and then there is 1,000 years under Christ's rulership which will ready all those alive to stand before God and either stand with Him or stand with Satan who is let loose from his "pit" and who will be destroyed. We must choose to stand with Jehovah and Jesus, and we can live forever on a paradise Earth.