JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1491

Post by LittleNipper »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:27 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:24 pm
The Universe is but material that GOD can recreate or revamp. CHRIST came into this world to save people and not save material things.

Actually, Christ came into the world to save people who are willing to care for and enjoy the beautiful material earth which God created, and do so as God commands.
Book, Chapter, Verse ---- please. John 3:16-18
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

The only reason that the Universe groans is the result of sin. Romans 8:14-31
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit (HOLY SPIRIT) itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1492

Post by myth-one.com »

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:44 pm
The Universe is but material that GOD can recreate or revamp. CHRIST came into this world to save people and not save material things.

Actually, Christ came into the world to save people who are willing to care for and enjoy the beautiful material earth which God created, and do so as God commands.

Book, Chapter, Verse ---- please.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #1493

Post by LittleNipper »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:35 pm

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)
Matthew 22:30

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1494

Post by myth-one.com »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 am

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
I do not understand how there not being any marriage of beings in the Kingdom of God (as written in Matthew 22:30) has anything to do with what we are debating about in this thread.

If you do see any relevance, please explain it.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #1495

Post by LittleNipper »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:09 am

I do not understand how there not being any marriage of beings in the Kingdom of God (as written in Matthew 22:30) has anything to do with what we are debating about in this thread.

I'm merely demonstrating the inaccuracies in JW's dogma. If they are wrong regarding certain aspects of their dogma, what makes anyone so certain of any of their views and opinions?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1496

Post by myth-one.com »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:42 pm

I'm merely demonstrating the inaccuracies in JW's dogma.

Then your post has absolute no relevance to me!

While I do not share your animosity against the JW's -- I am not a JW.

Your explanation does explain your seemingly random long lists of quoted verses.

How pathetic. :(

I back my beliefs with the scriptures as inspired by God.

I suggest that you locate a true JW who is proud of their dogma, to whom you can lose your debates!

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #1497

Post by LittleNipper »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Your explanation does explain your seemingly random long lists of quoted verses.

I suggest that you locate a true JW who is proud of their dogma, to whom you can lose your debates!

Let me spell it out for you. You typed "Actually, Christ came into the world to save people who are willing to care for and enjoy the beautiful [/u]material earth[/u] which God created, and do so as God commands" And I asked you for a Book, Chapter, Verse response. And you provided a verse about multiplying in Genesis. And I do not have animosity towards JWs. I simply disagree with nearly all their extraneous beliefs that have nothing to do with one's personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST the SAVIOR --- the one who suffered and paid the debt, and is ONE with HIS FATHER, and the HOLY SPIRIT (the COMFORTER). This is the same JESUS CHRIST that JWs take every opportunity to say that HE is simply a created being and GOD's pawn and nothing more. And I say that CHRIST's title of SON of GOD says so much more than they are willing to accept... And this is why they label themselves Jehovah Witnesses and downplay the CHRISTianity.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1498

Post by myth-one.com »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:51 am

Let me spell it out for you. You typed "Actually, Christ came into the world to save people who are willing to care for and enjoy the beautiful material earth which God created, and do so as God commands" And I asked you for a Book, Chapter, Verse response. And you provided a verse about multiplying in Genesis.

And the verse also stated the purpose for which mankind was created:

Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God is seeking those humans who will obey His commands to replenish His earthly creations. We are being groomed to replace the angels who failed in this effort and abandoned their first estate.

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:51 amAnd I do not have animosity towards JWs.

Yes, I can tell by your comments that some of your "dearest friends" are JW's.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #1499

Post by LittleNipper »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:03 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:51 am

Let me spell it out for you. You typed "Actually, Christ came into the world to save people who are willing to care for and enjoy the beautiful material earth which God created, and do so as God commands" And I asked you for a Book, Chapter, Verse response. And you provided a verse about multiplying in Genesis.

And the verse also stated the purpose for which mankind was created:

Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God is seeking those humans who will obey His commands to replenish His earthly creations. We are being groomed to replace the angels who failed in this effort and abandoned their first estate.

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:51 amAnd I do not have animosity towards JWs.

Yes, I can tell by your comments that some of your "dearest friends" are JW's.

And the verse I presented that was revealed later in the Bible says, marriage is for here and now and not for the hereafter. And I do have some Mormon acquaintances also. That doesn't mean that I cannot biblically disagree with them either...

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1500

Post by myth-one.com »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:16 pm
And the verse I presented that was revealed later in the Bible says, marriage is for here and now and not for the hereafter.
Yes, God created marriage to produce families. The sexual act within marriage procreates the human race. In the Kingdom of God, there are no humans and thus no marriage. There we will be like the angels which live forever. Since angels live forever, there is no need to reproduce themselves. Therefore, there is no reason for sex in the Kingdom of God, and thus no marriage. Every being in the Kingdom of God will be asexual. There will be no him or her.

For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven. (Mark 12:25)

Bummer!