JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1511

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:54 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1509]

Of course Jesus died so that we could live forever. And what was God's will and purpose in the beginning?
In the beginning, God's plan was that immortal spiritual bodied angels would care for the good earth eternally.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:54 pmFor humans to live on the earth forever, in paradise conditions.
No, mankind was Plan "B" after the original plan was thwarted by Satan and angels under his control who ruled the earth, rebelling against God.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:54 pmThis purpose will not be thwarted. It is still God's will.
Yes, mortal mankind who believe in Jesus will become the immortal spiritual bodied angels who will replace the rebellious angels. And these new angels will then rule the earth under our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ forever. God's original plan will then be back on track.

<=======================================>

Notice that the Garden of Eden recreating of a decimated earth can be traced back to about 6,000 years ago. That is, man was not created in the beginning of the earth which was created about 4.5 billion years ago.

If God's original purpose was for man to live on the earth forever, why did He wait almost 4.5 billion years before even introducing mankind onto the scene?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1512

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:27 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:54 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1509]

Of course Jesus died so that we could live forever. And what was God's will and purpose in the beginning?
In the beginning, God's plan was that immortal spiritual bodied angels would care for the good earth eternally.
No, the Bible says that God created Adam to take care of the earth, and Adam was a very physical man, created from "dust." (Genesis 2:7) See also Genesis 1:28 and 2:15.

The plan B was recruiting a perfect man to balance the scales of justice and allow humans to continue living forever on Earth in spite of what Adam did. God's original plan was not thwarted. The perfect man proved to be Jesus Christ who came from heaven to be born as a human. Plan B was right on target, regardless of what Satan did to try and mess it up.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1513

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:03 pm

No, the Bible says that God created Adam to take care of the earth, . . .
Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Replenish: restore to a former level or condition.

Why would the earth need replenishing it God created it very good in the beginning?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1514

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:35 pm

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Why would the earth need replenishing it God created it very good in the beginning?
Good point. However, my dictionary defines "replenished" as "filled; fully stored or stocked; full." So it doesn't necessarily mean an actual restoring to a FORMER condition. Replenish seems to mean to fill, fully stock, just as God commanded Adam to do in the beginning.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1515

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:06 pm

Good point. However, my dictionary defines "replenished" as "filled; fully stored or stocked; full." So it doesn't necessarily mean an actual restoring to a FORMER condition. Replenish seems to mean to fill, fully stock, just as God commanded Adam to do in the beginning.
The suffix "re" applied to anything implies a do over. Get a new dictionary.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1516

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:43 pm

That dictionary is fine. I have another one that says the same thing: "to fill with persons or animals; to stock; to supply fully." Nothing about restoring to a former condition.

Illustrated Oxford Dictionary; Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1517

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm

That dictionary is fine. I have another one that says the same thing: "to fill with persons or animals; to stock; to supply fully." Nothing about restoring to a former condition.

So one can restock an empty room, which has never contained persons or animals, with persons or animals, right?

Here's a better definition:

re·plen·ish

verb
fill (something) up again:
"he replenished Justin's glass with mineral water"
restore (a stock or supply) to a former level or condition:
"all creatures need sleep to replenish their energies"

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1518

Post by onewithhim »

See my post in
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:00 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm

So one can restock an empty room, which has never contained persons or animals, with persons or animals, right?

Here's a better definition:

re·plen·ish

verb
fill (something) up again:
"he replenished Justin's glass with mineral water"
restore (a stock or supply) to a former level or condition:
"all creatures need sleep to replenish their energies"
See my post in #1516.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1519

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm Good point. However, my dictionary defines "replenished" as "filled; fully stored or stocked; full."
So it doesn't necessarily mean an actual restoring to a FORMER condition.
Your definition is of "replenished" -- NOT replenish.

The past tense of replenish is replenished. And yes, something that has been replenished is fully stored or stocked.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm Replenish seems to mean to fill, fully stock, . . .
Let's use the correct definition -- not the "seems like" definition.

It's really the best way:

Revelation 22:

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #1520

Post by Difflugia »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 amLet's use the correct definition -- not the "seems like" definition.
In the Victorian English of the Authorized Version, "replenish" means to fill, just like onewithhim said. It didn't mean "to fill again" until relatively recently. Here's a dictionary entry from the mid-1700s:

My pronouns are he, him, and his.