JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1191

Post by WinkyDinky »

tam wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:01 am Peace to you,
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:40 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:44 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:21 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:41 pm
tam wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:39 pm Peace to you,
WinkyDinky wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:35 pm
tam wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:28 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:19 pm
tam wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:13 pm

What interpretation?

Can something true contradict Christ?

Is Christ not the Truth?

Did He not say that He is the Teacher, the Leader, Shepherd, Master, Lord?

Is He not the Word of God? The Light?

Is He not the One of whom the Father said, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Listen to Him."

Peace again to you.
I ask the Christ, about you and I asked Him what to reply to you.
" Is not the woman, to submit and obey her husband
as if he were me? "
That's interesting. I have asked Him the same question with regard to my "Head" (and I would do whatever He said), and He reminded me that HE is my Head.

(As He is the Head of His Body, is He not?)

That being said, I also have a (human) husband. Since I am Christian, and Christians are to serve one another (and others), of course that would also mean serving my husband.

In any case, I gave no interpretation above. You had asked earlier if I had a 'pastor' over me. You asked nothing about a spouse.

Peace again to you.
If you serve your husband then you are a servant.
And a servant has to obey their master, just as a servant to sin
obeys the devil. For it is written, whosoever commits sin
is a servant to sin and whosoever commits sin is of the devil.
Now you're just all over the place.

Peace still to you.
I'd like to take this moment to expose two people that think that Christ speaks to them....OWH I know you don't think that way and your full trust is in the Bible.

So Tam and Winky why doesn't Christ say thing same things to both of you?
Why don't you ask Jesus?
Oh that's right
Jesus does not talk to you.
A book is your only source
to know anything about Him.

lol

lol

lol
Do you think Jesus talks to Tam?
No, the spirit that rules over her talks to her.
and she believes it is Jesus.
See now, I didn't even have to do anything to fight against this. It has exposed itself. As many on this forum may recall, I have made no secret of the truth that my Lord is the Chosen One of JAH, the Holy One and Son of God. But I have also made no secret of the truth that His name is not (and never was) "Jesus". It is not even the English version of His name (which would be closest as Joshua.)

I cannot, therefore, believe that is it "Jesus" talking to me.

This statement that Winky has made is straight-out false.

Peace again to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Jesus instructed me to say this to you;
If you cannot obey your husband then you certainly do not obey Jesus.
He said you are a woman of all talk and no walk.
And when put to the test you will not even talk it.

tam
Savant

Post #1192

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to WinkyDinky in post #1191]

Now why would I be concerned about these things you are saying to me, when you have already been shown to have said something false about me?

Might I suggest to you that not every inspired expression (or spirit) is from God. Not every inspired expression is true. That is why we are told to TEST the inspired expressions. (1John 4)
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #1193

Post by WinkyDinky »

tam wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:25 pm Peace to you,

Now why would I be concerned about these things you are saying to me, when you have already been shown to have said something false about me?

Might I suggest to you that not every inspired expression (or spirit) is from God. Not every inspired expression is true. That is why we are told to TEST the inspired expressions. (1John 4)
The only thing that has been shown
is I am of God and you are not.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1194

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:44 pm
tam wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:25 pm Peace to you,

The only thing that has been shown
I am surprised that WinkyDink is still around, with all the mean casting of aspersions that he does.

otseng
Savant

Post #1195

Post by otseng »

WinkyDinky wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:44 pm The only thing that has been shown
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

The purpose of this forum is for civil debate. Please do not make any personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

otseng
Savant

Post #1196

Post by otseng »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:53 pm I am surprised that WinkyDink is still around, with all the mean casting of aspersions that he does.
Moderator Comment

Please only report rule violations and do not comment on them.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1197

Post by onewithhim »

It is easy to get side-tracked on these threads, and it is unfortunate that the main idea is lost. I am focused on the true God and what His purpose is for this beautiful planet and everyone living on it. That is one reason why it is important to identify just who the true God is. I thank everyone who is interested in considering just who God is. It was important to Jesus, and his own words are: [To the Father] "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3, KJV)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1198

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:30 pm It is easy to get side-tracked on these threads, and it is unfortunate that the main idea is lost. I am focused on the true God and what His purpose is for this beautiful planet and everyone living on it. That is one reason why it is important to identify just who the true God is. I thank everyone who is interested in considering just who God is. It was important to Jesus, and his own words are: [To the Father] "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3, KJV)
Is there anyone who wants to look at the OP and comment on one or two or all of them? No one has yet to do that. Thank you.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #1199

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:01 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:30 pm It is easy to get side-tracked on these threads, and it is unfortunate that the main idea is lost. I am focused on the true God and what His purpose is for this beautiful planet and everyone living on it. That is one reason why it is important to identify just who the true God is. I thank everyone who is interested in considering just who God is. It was important to Jesus, and his own words are: [To the Father] "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3, KJV)
Is there anyone who wants to look at the OP and comment on one or two or all of them? No one has yet to do that. Thank you.
Jesus is my God, and I obey Him.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1200

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to WinkyDinky in post #1199]

It's kind of sad that you are wasting all your time posting about Jesus being God, and yet you won't comment on any of the points in the Original Post.