JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1211

Post by onewithhim »

It's quite obvious that Jesus is not God, but is the Son of God. He said so himself more than once. "I said, 'I am God's Son.'" (John 10:36)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1212

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:10 pm It's quite obvious that Jesus is not God, but is the Son of God. He said so himself more than once. "I said, 'I am God's Son.'" (John 10:36)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1213

Post by kjw47 »

onewithhim wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:18 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:10 pm It's quite obvious that Jesus is not God, but is the Son of God. He said so himself more than once. "I said, 'I am God's Son.'" (John 10:36)

Asking a trinitarian to believe Jesus doesn't work. They outright refuse. A man with dogma is above Jesus to them. Yet they fool themselves into thinking they are following Jesus. Satan does it like this-2Cor 11:12-15--their teachers.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1214

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:40 pm

Asking a trinitarian to believe Jesus doesn't work. They outright refuse. A man with dogma is above Jesus to them. Yet they fool themselves into thinking they are following Jesus. Satan does it like this-2Cor 11:12-15--their teachers.
Yes that is true. I've tried every way to get trinitarians to understand what Jesus himself said, and the plethora of Scriptures that back him up, to no avail.

tam
Savant

Post #1215

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

You mean like believing men who say only a few people can eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ, as opposed to believing Christ who said that anyone may do so and that unless one does so one has no life in them?

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1216

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:37 pm Peace to you,

You mean like believing men who say only a few people can eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ, as opposed to believing Christ who said that anyone may do so and that unless one does so one has no life in them?

Peace again to you.
Luke 22:30-- You actually believe you will sit on a throne beside Jesus?

tam
Savant

Post #1217

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:23 pm

Peace again to you.
You are attempting to avoid the point that you are doing the same thing you are accusing others of doing.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

Peace still to you.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1218

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:49 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you.
You are attempting to avoid the point that you are doing the same thing you are accusing others of doing.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

Peace still to you.
i wasn't avoiding the point-Luke 22:30 is reality. A covenant made to those who will sit on thrones( to partake of the emblems of the Lords evening meal) --Those not believing Gods words are the ones avoiding the point. He said i was wrong on that point, so i asked him if he believes he will sit on a throne beside Jesus in heaven.

tam
Savant

Post #1219

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:23 pm

Peace again to you.

Peace still to you.
i wasn't avoiding the point-Luke 22:30 is reality.

Luke 22:30 is a reality, but it does not change the fact that Christ said anyone can eat and drink of Him, and men with a dogma say only some may eat and drink of Him.
A covenant made to those who will sit on thrones( to partake of the emblems of the Lords evening meal)

Men have connected those two things and created a dogma around it. But we can know that men have interpreted this wrong, because their dogma requires most people to NOT eat or drink of Christ, when Christ said that ANYONE may do so and that UNLESS one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO LIFE in them. John 6 (particularly verses 50-59). He also told the apostles to make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey EVERYTHING that He commanded them... and one such command is to eat and drink and to keep doing so in remembrance of Him.

--Those not believing Gods words are the ones avoiding the point.
God's Word - Christ - said that anyone may eat. He did not say only 144 000 may eat. He did not say only those who reign with me may eat and drink my flesh and blood. He did not say that some Christians will reign with me but most others will not. He did not say that some Christians are my brothers but most are not.

Who should we believe? Christ... or men?

He said i was wrong on that point, so i asked him if he believes he will sit on a throne beside Jesus in heaven.
You asked me that question.

The answer to that question does not change the fact that He said anyone may eat and drink of Him.

Peace to you.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1220

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:42 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:23 pm

Peace again to you.

Peace still to you.
i wasn't avoiding the point-Luke 22:30 is reality.

Luke 22:30 is a reality, but it does not change the fact that Christ said anyone can eat and drink of Him, and men with a dogma say only some may eat and drink of Him.
A covenant made to those who will sit on thrones( to partake of the emblems of the Lords evening meal)

Men have connected those two things and created a dogma around it. But we can know that men have interpreted this wrong, because their dogma requires most people to NOT eat or drink of Christ, when Christ said that ANYONE may do so and that UNLESS one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO LIFE in them. John 6 (particularly verses 50-59). He also told the apostles to make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey EVERYTHING that He commanded them... and one such command is to eat and drink and to keep doing so in remembrance of Him.

--Those not believing Gods words are the ones avoiding the point.
God's Word - Christ - said that anyone may eat. He did not say only 144 000 may eat. He did not say only those who reign with me may eat and drink my flesh and blood. He did not say that some Christians will reign with me but most others will not. He did not say that some Christians are my brothers but most are not.

Who should we believe? Christ... or men?

He said i was wrong on that point, so i asked him if he believes he will sit on a throne beside Jesus in heaven.
You asked me that question.

The answer to that question does not change the fact that He said anyone may eat and drink of Him.

Peace to you.
Actually he said that to the little flock. Many things in the NT are to the little flock only. Its the darkness that does not know the difference.