Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Can the Bible save you?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Question for debate, can the Bible save you? Yes? No? Kind of? Why or why not?

bjs
Prodigy

Re: Can the Bible save you?

Post #2

Post by bjs »

[Replying to Tart]

No. The Bible is a book. The Bible might describe a God who can save, but no book is capable of saving anyone. Dead trees don't have that kind of power.
Understand that you might believe. Believe that you might understand. –Augustine of Hippo

Tcg
Savant

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: Question for debate, can the Bible save you? Yes? No? Kind of? Why or why not?
Save me from what? Without an answer to that question, your 5 questions can't be answered.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Willum
Savant

Post #4

Post by Willum »

Nope, these days bullets will tear right through it.
Maybe an glancing blow.
Maybe if you need kindling.
Maybe if you are out of other rolling paper...
Or perhaps if you are at such a fringe that reading about an imaginary creature will save you somehow...

So I guess it is possible, but a clear thinking individual will find better ways.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote: Question for debate, can the Bible save you? Yes? No? Kind of? Why or why not?
Save me from what? Without an answer to that question, your 5 questions can't be answered.

Tcg
From your sins.

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:

Tcg
From your sins.
How do you define "sins?"

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

The knowledge revealed in the bible is indispensable to salvation as it is the principle means by which people can come to know the true God and his standards. Biblically, there can be no eternal life for anyone that does not come to know and love the true God and accept the sacrifice of his son.

This is why Satan and his human agents have always done their best to keep the bible out of the hands of the common people and today to so discredit it that people are unaware of its true value.

After the ransom, the bible is one of Gods greatest gifts to mankind.

Go to other posts related to...

THE BIBLE , HERMENEUTICS* and ... BEST TRANSLATION
* bible interpretation

NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:

Tcg
From your sins.

Tcg
all the bad stuff you have done...

Tcg
Savant

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:

Tcg
From your sins.

Tcg
all the bad stuff you have done...
That's too vague. Care to specify?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #10

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
This is why Satan and his human agents have always done their best to keep the bible out of the hands of the common people and today to so discredit it that people are unaware of its true value.
Satan and his human agents are doing a very poor job: Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom