He Knows What You're Thinking ...

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

He Knows What You're Thinking ...

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Is this part of the brainwashing control system designed to keep believers docile and obedient …?

Can we demonstrate that ANY of the multitudinous versions of "God" are real and that they really monitor our every thought …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #2

Post by Diagoras »

Unless he reacts to those thoughts, it would certainly be difficult to tell whether he’s reading minds or not.

If God were the ultimate mind reader, it might obviate the need for prayer and so save every Christian a bit of time. God’s got a ‘live feed’ to you anyway, so as soon as you start worrying about stuff, he knows about it and can choose to cure your illness, find your keys or make the math test a bit easier. And for the atheists among us, he could drop in some subtle (or not so subtle) hints to convert, every time we disparage him. Make us stub our toe, spill red wine on our top, or possibly just send us a plague of frogs. Most clever people, on having some minor misfortune happen to them - every single time they mock God - would soon put two and two together.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: He Knows What You're Thinking ...

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

SallyF wrote: Is this part of the brainwashing control system designed to keep believers docile and obedient …?
That's exactly what it is.

Christianity in particular is maliciously designed to make people feel guilty and in fear that they are constantly being monitored. It's basically a mechanism of "Big Brother" governmental control of the masses.

And the worst part about it is that it actually incites those who fall for it to passionately support it both financially and verbally. The people who fall victim to it become "Soldiers of the Theology". Proclaiming its truth to anyone naive enough to fall for it. In spite of the fact that all evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates its obvious fallacy.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

SallyF
Guru

Post #4

Post by SallyF »

The "Lord" is this case is the Genocidal Jehovah.

And we have it in the "Word of God" that there is NO privacy policy here …!

Looks VERY much like brainwashing and control to me.

It would be different if there was the SLIGHTEST hint of anything that resembled independently verifiable evidence that I had ever seen.

But no.

Not that usually gets in the way of "faith".

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

SallyF wrote: Image

Is this part of the brainwashing control system designed to keep believers docile and obedient …?

Can we demonstrate that ANY of the multitudinous versions of "God" are real and that they really monitor our every thought …?
I was going to joke sarcastically about this post, because sarcasm just seems to be flowing out of me uncontrollably... However, lets get serious

You really think this is brainwashing? You think that is the reason people created this? To brainwash people? Its not like a naive, false belief? It's full blown brainwashing?

Maybe its God, brainwashing us that he knows everything???

Here me out... It's like why do people believe God see's and knows everything? Well because he's God, that is what God does, by the very concept of God... Like reality was designed by him, destiny unfolds by his knowledge, etc.. The concept goes all the way back to the earliest believers... But they were determined to establish this idea of God, so they could control people's minds. Which trickled down all these years, to people creating this graphic you linked...

Like there is some kind of mass control group who is spreading the concept of god to control peoples minds... But it's like beyond their own control and the message is going like a wild fire through the masses.... Maybe its God that is brainwashing us? "i know everything!" "beware! im all powerful" ... dang it god, you're just a lying jerk...

SallyF
Guru

Post #6

Post by SallyF »

And there are dire consequences if you do not obey the Christian propaganda with which you have been brainwashed, and sing the praises of the Lord.

And, of course, the Lord loves you and will reward you if you do.

And there are dire consequences if you do not obey the Nazi propaganda with which you have been brainwashed, and sing the praises of the Fuhrer.

And, of course, the Fuhrer loves you and will reward you if you do.

And, of course, it's best to start the brainwashing when they are really young.

Keeps them unquestioningly faithful - no matter what propaganda they are fed - and willing to die for you.

And just in case we don't think the Hitler and Jesus comparison appropriate - just remember who is about to burst through the clouds at ANY moment …

Savant

Post #7

Post by 1213 »

SallyF wrote: Image

...brainwashing control system...
Please explain what do you mean with that?

SallyF
Guru

Post #8

Post by SallyF »

[Replying to post 7 by 1213]

Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control is a 2004 popular science book explaining mind control, which is also known as brainwashing, thought reform and coercive persuasion, by neuroscientist and physiologist Kathleen Taylor. It explains the neurological basis for reasoning and cognition in the brain, and proposes that the self is changeable while describing the physiology of neurological pathways. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwash ... ht_Control

In psychology, the study of brainwashing, often referred to as thought reform, falls into the sphere of "social influence." Social influence happens every minute of every day. It's the collection of ways in which people can change other people's attitudes, beliefs and behaviors. https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/ ... ashing.htm

I'm glad you asked.

Now I have answered your question ...

Perhaps you would care to address the SECOND part of the OP …?

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

SallyF wrote: … thought reform and coercive persuasion,…
Ok, then I think there is no brainwashing in Christianity and Bible.
SallyF wrote: In psychology, the study of brainwashing, often referred to as thought reform, falls into the sphere of "social influence." Social influence happens every minute of every day. It's the collection of ways in which people can change other people's attitudes, beliefs and behaviors. …
if we accept that, I have to ask, why you try to brainwash people here?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote: if we accept that, I have to ask, why you try to brainwash people here?
How could posting in a debate forum fit, legitimately, the definition of brainwashing?
“any technique designed to manipulate human thought or action against the desire, will, or knowledge of the individual.� https://www.britannica.com

An antidote to cult 'brainwashing' (indoctrination) is deprogramming. "Deprogramming--that is, providing members with information about the cult and showing them how their own decision-making power had been taken away from them." https://culteducation.com/deprogramming.html

I was associated for ten years with a lady who escaped from a religious cult and had professional deprogramming help to counteract effects of religious indoctrination ('brainwashing'). She was partially successful but still has difficulty dealing with the real world thirty years later.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence