Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Jesus Christ and Adolf Hitler

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Jehovah is at your right hand;
He will crush kings on the day of his wrath.
He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
And crushing the rulers of the whole earth.

Psalm 110

For me, the possibly fictional Jesus character and the very real Hitler are VERY similar.

What are the similarities and differences may we find between them …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus Christ and Adolf Hitler

Post #2

Post by Tart »

SallyF wrote: Image

Jehovah is at your right hand;
He will crush kings on the day of his wrath.
He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
And crushing the rulers of the whole earth.

Psalm 110

For me, the possibly fictional Jesus character and the very real Hitler are VERY similar.

i dont see it ... one was king of the jew while the other one killed all the jews he could... one led a country to try and take over the world, while the other one said deny you-self and to be called out of the world...

let me think of a similarity... i guess Jesus had disciples who he told what to do.. kind of like how Hitler bossed people around? though jesus taught to wash peoples feet while hitler told people to kill jews...

Maybe they both just wanted to be believed in..

Maybe that is all they both truly ever wanted... (i imagine a tear in Hitlers eye... he just wanted people to believe in him... poor guy...)

SallyF
Guru

Post #3

Post by SallyF »

[Replying to post 2 by Tart]

Thank you for responding directly to the OP.

I appreciate that you identify both similarities and differences.

I'm going to let this thread settle for a while, to elicit greater discussion, and then pop in a few more ideas myself.

Blessings once again.
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

SallyF wrote: [Replying to post 2 by Tart]

Thank you for responding directly to the OP.

I appreciate that you identify both similarities and differences.

I'm going to let this thread settle for a while, to elicit greater discussion, and then pop in a few more ideas myself.

Blessings once again.
Thanks for the blessings... Though i ponder what you mean by blessings... "Blessing (noun): God's favor and protection."

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

No... I reject your blessing, because i love you more Sally.. In fact, I love people the most... period...

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by SallyF]

If we are to believe the end times visions of John the Revelator, Jesus' future actions sound very much like Hitler's past exploits:
  • Revelation 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.â€� He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.�
I often get grief from other posters when I quote the Revelator, but as long as Christians see fit to keep his words in their canon, their complaints don't carry much weight.

The odd difference between the two men is that in spite the destruction Jesus will be bringing, he is viewed as a holy man, a man of peace. Hitler did less than what Jesus will do and he is viewed as a monster, a man of great evil and violence.

Why the double standard?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: No... I reject your blessing, because i love you more Sally.. In fact, I love people the most... period...
This is quite an interesting claim given that just yesterday you stated this:
Tart wrote:
That all depends if you think some people are better then others because they do certain things that others dont...

I dont believe that... Sure give the guy a trophies or a metal or something for his actions or service, however, we're all pretty much the same... Idolizing a human over another human is kind of not good... Instead, I think we should go be friends with poor people...
Has your thinking changed that much since you made this statement?

Should we idolize you over SallyF?

Should we be friends with poor people or abandon the effort given that you love people the most... period?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Savant

Post #8

Post by 1213 »

Tcg wrote: ...
The odd difference between the two men is that in spite the destruction Jesus will be bringing, he is viewed as a holy man, a man of peace. Hitler did less than what Jesus will do and he is viewed as a monster, a man of great evil and violence.

Why the double standard?
Are their reasons the same? Did Hitler try to kill evil?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote: No... I reject your blessing, because i love you more Sally.. In fact, I love people the most... period...
This is quite an interesting claim given that just yesterday you stated this:
Tart wrote:
That all depends if you think some people are better then others because they do certain things that others dont...

I dont believe that... Sure give the guy a trophies or a metal or something for his actions or service, however, we're all pretty much the same... Idolizing a human over another human is kind of not good... Instead, I think we should go be friends with poor people...
Has your thinking changed that much since you made this statement?

Should we idolize you over SallyF?

Should we be friends with poor people or abandon the effort given that you love people the most... period?

Tcg
That's a good point, thanks for your thoughtful reply Tcg

marco
Savant

Post #10

Post by marco »

SallyF wrote:

Jesus spoke Aramaic and Hitler spoke German - but their speeches had the same effect, stirring the multitude. Hitler was kind to dogs; Jesus wasn't.

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf and Paul wrote of Christ's Kampf .

Jesus was traditionally more handsome; he had longer hair and a beard, and did not wear uniform. We don't know if Jesus served in the armed forces or if he was a painter. Otherwise, there are many similarities.

Both effectively committed suicide rather than face life.

Both sincerely believed in themselves; both thought they were sons of God.

Both were instrumental in destroying Jews.

Both, in their own view, were misunderstood.

Both liked compliments.

Jesus chose people calculated to do his bidding; so did Adolf.

Both eventually got too big for their boots, or sandals, and that ended their reign.

Amazing!