Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #11

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to post 9 by JehovahsWitness]

Who will earths inhabitants be during the Millennium? Will they be flesh and blood humans?

Christianity divides the human race into two groups -- believers and nonbelievers.

Each of these two groups then include both living and deceased humans.

So there will be be living and dead human believers and living and dead human nonbelievers at the Second Coming.

===================================================

At the Second Coming, all humans who died believing in Christ as their Savior will be resurrected from their graves or other places of rest as everlasting spiritual children of God.

Christians who are alive at the Second Coming of Christ will be born again as spirits and meet Jesus in the air upon his return:
Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. (I Corinthians 15:51)

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)
At this time, there will be no human Christians. All have been born again as everlasting spiritual children of God.

All remaining living humans on the earth are nonbelievers.

================================================

So there will be flesh and blood humans, and non-human spirits inhabitating the earth at that time.

The flesh and blood humans will be the nonbelievers who were alive at the Second Coming.

Human life and death will continue for these humans as it does now during the 1,000 year millennium.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #12

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 11 by myth-one.com]

So, myth, have you abandoned all thought concerning the original purpose for the creation of the earth and humans upon it? (Genesis 1:28 and 2:15; Psalm 115:16; Isaiah 45:18)

Do you think God changed His mind about it, or will His original purpose be fulfilled?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by PinSeeker »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 7 by PinSeeker]

I don't quite follow who are the rulers?

Is there a difference between the kingdom and the millenial rule in terms of structure?
RULERS : ie the MILLENIUM RULE is Jesus ruling with all and resurrected righteuous belivers (?) Or all born again Cnristians (excluding Abraham, Moses ect (?)) and THE KINGDOM is Jesus ruling with ???
SUBJECTS: And who are the subjects of Jesus and his corulers (stipulated above)?
Spiritually -- not in full yet -- we Christians are Christ's co-rulers. In Him. This is also part of the "now-and-not-yetness" of the Gospel:
  • * "...in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." [Romans 8:37]

* "...you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." [1 Peter 2:9; quoting from Deuteronomy]

* "...God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." [Ephesians 2:4-6]
So, the Millenium is now. Spiritually, we are ruling with Christ. We are in the midst of the Millennium now.

Here's the thing that always makes me chuckle a bit when talking to anyone who thinks the Millennium is in the future only (even disregarding the notion that it's a literal 1,000 year period). If Christ rules in the Millennium, when the Millennium is over, what happens then? Is it that He no longer rules? Well no, of course that's not the case; that can't be, because we know His rule will have no end, right? No, He's ruling now, from heaven -- though not in full yet as far as this world is concerned, because sin and death still exist for now. But when He returns, His rule (and ours) will not end but merely be consummated and will then be in person and in full.

Grace and peace to you, JW.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Ok .... just concentrating on the (future) period when ...
PinSeeker wrote:We will be co-heirs of the literal, consummated kingdom in Christ, here on earth
RULERS : who will be the rulers during this period?

a) all christians
b) all righteous humans including ( Abraham, Moses ect)
c) every human that has ever lived
d) other __ please explain
SUBJECTS : who will be the subjects of the above rulership during this period?

a) all christians
b) all righteous humans including ( Abraham, Moses ect)
c) every human that has ever lived

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #15

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 11 by myth-one.com]

So, myth, have you abandoned all thought concerning the original purpose for the creation of the earth and humans upon it? (Genesis 1:28 and 2:15; Psalm 115:16; Isaiah 45:18)

Do you think God changed His mind about it, or will His original purpose be fulfilled?
Genesis 1:1 wrote:In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Humans are not mentioned in this description of the original creation, as it did not involve any humans.

Humans were not created until billions of years later in the re-creation of an earth which had become void, formless, and dark:
Genesis 1:2 wrote:And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by PinSeeker »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Ok .... just concentrating on the (future) period when ...

RULERS : who will be the rulers during this period?

God the Father and God the Son. Isaiah is abundantly clear:

"There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of David and over His kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this." [9:7]And later in Revelation:
  • "He (Jesus) will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “King of kings, and Lord of lords.â€� [19:15-16]
JehovahsWitness wrote: SUBJECTS : who will be the subjects of the above rulership during this period?
a) all christians

This is all there are; the tares will have been separated from the wheat for all eternity. The center of the new world is God himself, and the Lamb, Christ Jesus. Their rule and control, symbolized in Revelation 22 by the throne, produce the beauty and blessing of the new world.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 13 by PinSeeker]
Here's the thing that always makes me chuckle a bit when talking to anyone who thinks the Millennium is in the future only (even disregarding the notion that it's a literal 1,000 year period). If Christ rules in the Millennium, when the Millennium is over, what happens then? Is it that He no longer rules? Well no, of course that's not the case; that can't be, because we know His rule will have no end, right? No, He's ruling now, from heaven -- though not in full yet as far as this world is concerned, because sin and death still exist for now. But when He returns, His rule (and ours) will not end but merely be consummated and will then be in person and in full.
This is an interesting aside, especially

"If Christ rules in the Millennium, when the Millennium is over, what happens then? If Christ rules in the Millennium, when the Millennium is over, what happens then? Is it that He no longer rules? Well no, of course that's not the case; that can't be, because we know His rule will have no end, right? ".

His rule continues until the last enemy is destroyed, making way for the new order.
1 Corinthians 15:

22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

27 For he “has put everything under his feet.� c Now when it says that “everything� has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God Himself, who put everything under Christ.
28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all

Revelation 21:

1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,� for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

2 I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ b or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.�

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!� Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.�

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.
7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.
Jesus reigns 'until' the end of the old order, which includes the millenium.

What will be his place in the new order?

Grace and peace to you, and to all.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by PinSeeker »

Checkpoint wrote: What will be his place in the new order?
He will reign, with the Father, in person in a fully redeemed and sin-free world (and universe). As I said above.

Grace and peace to you, Checkpoint.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

PinSeeker wrote: d) other __ please explain

God the Father and God the Son.
Okay so in this future period when ...
PinSeeker wrote:We will be co-heirs of the literal, consummated kingdom in Christ, here on earth
ONLY Jeus and God the Father rule? If so, in what sence then will "we be co-rulers of the literal, consummated kingdom in Christ?

LUKE 22:28-30

You are the ones who have stood by Me in My trials. And I bestow on you a kingdom, just as My Father has bestowed on Me, so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by ttruscott »

The creation of the earth and its purpose to house sinful people away from the polite society of heaven has nothing to do with the purpose of the creation of people in HIS Image creation to be HIS Bride by our free will acceptance of HIS marriage proposal.

And this aside of of course has nothing to do with the OP...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.