The Christian Testament can not be true

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

The Christian Testament can not be true

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Consider the age of the Hebrew Scriptures in comparison to the Christian Testament. Its also a much, much larger work. If we were to expect errors it would be in the Hebrew Scriptures. Its had much more time to make errors and a greater volume of words in which to make the errors.
But what do we find? The Hebrew Scriptures have been preserved over the ages. One only has to look at the Dead Sea Scrolls to see that the scrolls in synagogues have not changed in the course of history.
The Christian Testament has been revised, reworked and even the original is gone. Not only have Christians reworked their own texts. But in their hands they have misrepresented the Hebrew Scriptures. And even outright removed words God spoke and inserted their own.

Gods message to man is eternal. And the Jews were chosen to bring Gods message throughbthe ages. And we have kept that charge - against all odds. The Jews shoukd have disappeared centuries ago. But they are eternal because Gods message is eternal. If not for the Jews the world would be at the mercy of liars and thieves who cant be trusted with Gods message. Gods message to nan has made it to the 21st century. That in itself is a miracle. An absolute miracle.

THE VERY FACT THAT THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES HAVE BEEN PRESERVED AND THE CHRISTIAN TESTAMENT HAS NOT BEEN PRESERVED PROVES WHO HOLD THE TRUTH

marco
Savant

Re: The Christian Testament can not be true

Post #2

Post by marco »

Avoice wrote:

THE VERY FACT THAT THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES HAVE BEEN PRESERVED AND THE CHRISTIAN TESTAMENT HAS NOT BEEN PRESERVED PROVES WHO HOLD THE TRUTH
It has nothing to do with truth. Truth doesn't evolve through preservation. The Hebrew Scriptures have been preserved because those who accept them have shown a fanatical dedication to their exact preservation - commendable but certainly nothing to do with any truth they might contain.

Those who have lovingly preserved their writings are honoured and flattered that somebody who made the stars has chosen them as favourites. It's a nice thought, however silly. The same deity watched, amused, as a rival deity, Jupiter stamped all over the house his favourites had built for him. I believe much of Yahweh's loot ended up in Rome's treasury. What it is to be favoured!

Avoice
Guru

Post #3

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 2 by marco]

You can spin it any way you want. The Christian testament have not been preserved and the Hebrew Scriptures have been preserved. And in the hands of Christians they have raped our text. Thats probably why we wont let them so much as even hold our scrolls. They prove they cant be trusted.

Say whatever makes you feel better. But where is the septugiant? Gone
Christians can't even accept the truth that it says 'young woman' NOT virgin. They have the lie in their texts and refuse to change it. Man, that is something else. Outright refuse to speak the truth. Yeah.... defend it. Go ahead. It takes a special person to uphold the lie and say its truth. Go for it. It wont change God's message. We wont let that happen.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Savant

Post #5

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: ... THE CHRISTIAN TESTAMENT HAS NOT BEEN PRESERVED...
Please tell, what exactly has not been preserved and how you know that?

Avoice
Guru

Post #6

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 5 by 1213]

I will answer that. While I prepare an answer let me ask you this: Do you think the christian testament has been preserved? What work represents the actual words penned by the gospel writers? What is THEE official text of Christianity? Is it the same as the original Septugiant?

Elijah John
Savant

Post #7

Post by Elijah John »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 2 by marco]
It takes a special person to uphold the lie and say its truth. Go for it. It wont change God's message. We wont let that happen.
Moderator Comment

It's fair game to characterize NT inaccuracies as "lies" though to do so borders on ranting. But to suggest ironically that "it takes a special person to.." in this context brings another's personality into it. Such needless personal remarks should be avoided.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

[Replying to Avoice]

Welcome to the thread of freedom, though not absolutely, but in that of the restrictions of questions and topics... Enjoy your freedom sir...

I'm not sure if your proof holds true, for I question if anything outside of what we personally experience can be proven...

I also question how the Torah ever came to be in the first place... Surely it must had been spoken first, passed along down to that of Abraham (perhaps), or Moses? Or whoever wrote it?

Though I ponder if the linage is true... Where it literally began? Who started writing the first names, of that of their offspring in it?

Do you believe it began with Adam?

if not, this idea that the Hebrew Scripture is perfectly persevered is a bit flimsy, though I'm not calling you wrong... I'm just curious...