What does faith do?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

arunangelo
Apprentice

What does faith do?

Post #1

Post by arunangelo »

True faith makes belief a reality. In other words, if we have true faith, our belief is so strong that we live by our belief. Therefore, if one believes in Jesus, he/she would live according to Jesus’ spirit of selflessness, forgiveness, sacrifice, compassion, mercy, humility, and undying faithfulness (even in the face of betrayal and hurt). Faith in God leads to love for God; love for God leads to obedience to His commandments (John 14:15); obedience to his commandments leads to receiving his Spirit (Act 5:32); and receiving the Spirit leads to life in Christ.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: What does faith do?

Post #11

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 10 by Peds nurse]

PN, you set an example -- but very few others 'walk the talk'

Thanks for inquiring about my well-being. PM sent

Z
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What does faith do?

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Peds nurse wrote: [Replying to post 3 by Zzyzx]

Hello my friend, Mr. Z!!

I agree with your words. Even though I am a Christian, I do believe that we have set a bad name for ourselves by claiming to be something we are not, mainly loving.
Hello there,

Do you mean to say you don't believe you are a loving person as an individual or or are you saying that you don't believe Christians as a whole should claim to be, since they have not proved to be? You come across as a very kind and loving person, so I take it your critisim is against christendom in view of its history, a sentiment I share.

Have I misunderstood your comment?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Zzyzx »

PN has been a 'Forum Friend' for years. Although we live a couple states apart, I have met her and her husband in person. Genuine.

If Christians in general, or even half of them, walked the talk as she does I would have nothing negative to say about Christianity.

Take notice 'hypocrites' and 'crusaders for Christ'.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence