Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

A Great Apologetic from Mitt Romney

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

Christianity is in the new again, and this time it's good news!

Question for Debate: Did Mitt Romney come up with an apologetic that allows him to respect himself in the morning (or any time of the day)?

When I heard of what Mitt Romney did bravely standing up for truth in the senate trial to remove President Trump from office, I was very impressed with his personal integrity. He didn't try to dodge the issue but faced it head-on. I didn't fail to notice that he attributed this integrity to his brand of Christianity. He said that he swore an oath before the God he believes in to uphold the law, and therefore he must uphold the law. No excuses--no phony rationalizations. Senator Romney believes in a god that holds him to conduct himself in such a way as to respect the truth.

Whether he realizes it or not, Senator Romney did much more to further Christian apologetics than all the Josh McDowells, William Lane Craigs, and CS Lewises put together. He demonstrated through action--and not just a lot of words--that Christianity in at least some isolated instances can do some good inspiring at least one man to respect the truth and the law.

It's a great lesson for all apologists. Demonstrate your apologetics through actions and not just a lot of hot air.

[youtube][/youtube]

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Re: A Great Apologetic from Mitt Romney

Post #11

Post by Jagella »

Wootah wrote:I pray all Christians on this site are showing the fruit of the Spirit in their lives.
"Showing" can go much further than a lot of talk can. If Christians demonstrated their exemplary morality, then there would be fewer skeptics in the world.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: A Great Apologetic from Mitt Romney

Post #12

Post by Clownboat »

Jagella wrote:
Wootah wrote:I pray all Christians on this site are showing the fruit of the Spirit in their lives.
"Showing" can go much further than a lot of talk can. If Christians demonstrated their exemplary morality, then there would be fewer skeptics in the world.
What you say is true.
Unfortunately, rather than doing any showing, Christians will often times pray instead.
Praying seems to be a way to feel like you are doing something, without actually doing anything though.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb