It is permissible not to help
67%

Total votes: 3

Purple Knight
Scholar

Enabling

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

If you see a drunk starving on the street, but you know he will use any money you give him to buy booze, should you help him, or not?

The other day I got Popeye's for dinner, and while in line I was accosted by a beggar trying to sell me a box of chicken that someone else had purchased for him.

If they get food, they try to sell it. They don't want food; they want whatever their fix is.

Perhaps not true of all but they certainly exist and where I live they seem to be an increasing majority. Is it right to help them? Is it permissible not to?

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Enabling

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Purple Knight]

I think most are in need of good psychiatry and therefore blocked from common people to help.

You may say it's corruption that has placed them there, sad as it is! I guess we have to endure the situation while working for a better world. I declined to vote.

:study: 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Menotu
Scholar

Re: Enabling

Post #3

Post by Menotu »

Purple Knight wrote: If you see a drunk starving on the street, but you know he will use any money you give him to buy booze, should you help him, or not?

The other day I got Popeye's for dinner, and while in line I was accosted by a beggar trying to sell me a box of chicken that someone else had purchased for him.

If they get food, they try to sell it. They don't want food; they want whatever their fix is.

Perhaps not true of all but they certainly exist and where I live they seem to be an increasing majority. Is it right to help them? Is it permissible not to?
No one has to say/do anything to help another.
And the reason they may not say/do anything to help is immaterial.