Faith....in 'reverse'

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Menotu
Sage

Faith....in 'reverse'

Post #1

Post by Menotu »

Most understand faith as it pertains to the belief in something. But can it also mean not having a belief in something?

People have faith that God is real, exists, etc. But can other have faith that God is not real, doesn't exist, etc?

Or is faith strictly a 'religious thing'? In other words, can you only have faith in a religious thing/item?

Can an atheist have faith in their belief that God doesn't exist?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Faith....in 'reverse'

Post #41

Post by 2timothy316 »

Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 26 by 2timothy316]
Now, my search became much more urgent. I figured I'd start by studying the Bible. I was raised JW so I figured I'd start there and when they disappointed me, as I thought they eventually would. I'd go to the next religion. This is when I learned something very important. As I was studying the Bible and trying to throw my study conductor as many curve-ball questions as I could I realized, religion has little to do with finding the Creator and the Bible is definitely the key.
We all have our own story, and I have loved reading something of your one. Thank you.

You were raised a JW and your search led you to return, and that is where you are today, with them?
I'm with them today because compared to all the other religions I had studied these were the only ones that had the best Bible education and try their best to live by those standards set in the Bible. I honestly didn't think they were going the ones, but they were. The main reason I'm a Witness is not because it's where I want to be, it where Jehovah wants me to be. Where Jehovah wants me to be that is where I want to be. Jehovah draws people to His Son, His Son then educates them. (John 6:44; 14:6). People that think, "I'll pick a religion based on what I want" or "I was raised ______ I'll say _______" are doing it wrong. We do not assign God, He assigns us. I hate to say it but my time away from Jehovah is why I now have a death grip on Him now. Though I can't ever recommend leaving our Heavenly Father to get a better perspective, but none the less I can recommend if you think you have found God, search again. You can be in the right place but still leave Him. If a person picks God based on the doctrines of a religion they are following the creature and not the Creator. (Romans 1:24, 25) Even being a JW, faith based on anything other than the love of God, it will not work. I'm living proof that to search for God for any other reason other than for the love of God, it doesn't work. The love for a congregation, parents, spouse, ourselves, or even His Son Jesus, doesn't make a person stick to the True God of the universe, Jehovah the Almighty.
May you enjoy God's blessings as you continue your life journey.
Thank you! There is nothing better! Everything else is heavy and harsh.

"Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for yourselves. For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light.� - Matt 11:28-30

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Faith....in 'reverse'

Post #42

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to post 35 by brunumb]

You're doing pretty much what I expected. Character assassination. Which is not a a strong debate response but just throwing insults at a person. Which is what a person does because since they can't attack the information they attack the person's reputation. Insults are not allowed as acceptable evidence for me.

Rather than insulting the person why not give a counter mathematical equation? Attack the information. Tell me, what are the REAL chances of RNA emerging from 'the soup'?