Revelations 2.17

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

earl
Scholar

Revelations 2.17

Post #1

Post by earl »

Do you have an interpretation of this verse?
If so I would like to hear it ,that is interpret each element of the verse.

polonius
Prodigy

Re: Revelations 2.17

Post #11

Post by polonius »

[quote="onewithhim"]
[[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 52#1005352]

The "hidden manna".....In Moses' day the manna was a provision from Jehovah to keep the Israelites alive. The manna was "hidden" inside the Ark of the Covenant which was in the Most Holy compartment of the tabernacle, where no one was allowed. Jesus said that his anointed followers who conquer would eat "the hidden manna."

RESPONSE: The problem here for reality oriented believers is that there was no Hebrew presence in Egypt, no Exodus, hence no manna.

Obviously some fundamentalists claim otherwise.

If you want to check out the facts regarding an Exodus, check with Tel Aviv University in Israel regarding any Hebrew presence in Egypt, and any parting of the Red sea, and any Exodus. And there are a number of references written by archeologists on this topic.

Let's see. According to the Bible, Hebrews numbered 2.3 million taking part in the Exodus, the people spent 400 years in Egypt, and yet left no remains whatsoever - not even a piece of broken Jewish pottery, as one archeologist noted.

One of the most popular and readily available is (short title) the "Bible Unearthed."

Also, I often wonder about the accuracy of the Bible since Matthew claims Jesus was born during the reign of King Herod (who died in 4 BC) (see Matt chapter 2) and Luke claims born again during the 6AD Roman census of Judea, ten years later (see Luke chapter 2), what happened to the "second Jesus.")

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 11 by polonius]

I dont see what that has to do with the OP - it doesnt ask for proof of a Hebrew presence in Egypt it asks for an intperpretaton of Revelation 2:17. BIBLICAL proof suports the existence of manna and that is paramount in a correct interprtation of Revelation 2:17.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #13

Post by brianbbs67 »

polonius wrote:
onewithhim wrote: [[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 52#1005352]

The "hidden manna".....In Moses' day the manna was a provision from Jehovah to keep the Israelites alive. The manna was "hidden" inside the Ark of the Covenant which was in the Most Holy compartment of the tabernacle, where no one was allowed. Jesus said that his anointed followers who conquer would eat "the hidden manna."

RESPONSE: The problem here for reality oriented believers is that there was no Hebrew presence in Egypt, no Exodus, hence no manna.

Obviously some fundamentalists claim otherwise.

If you want to check out the facts regarding an Exodus, check with Tel Aviv University in Israel regarding any Hebrew presence in Egypt, and any parting of the Red sea, and any Exodus. And there are a number of references written by archeologists on this topic.

Let's see. According to the Bible, Hebrews numbered 2.3 million taking part in the Exodus, the people spent 400 years in Egypt, and yet left no remains whatsoever - not even a piece of broken Jewish pottery, as one archeologist noted.

One of the most popular and readily available is (short title) the "Bible Unearthed."

Also, I often wonder about the accuracy of the Bible since Matthew claims Jesus was born during the reign of King Herod (who died in 4 BC) (see Matt chapter 2) and Luke claims born again during the 6AD Roman census of Judea, ten years later (see Luke chapter 2), what happened to the "second Jesus.")
I would have thought this horse you beat would be dead already. I feel sorry for the horse. I believe all your questions have been asked and answered even if not to your pleasure. Its not in the OP, anyway.