Prayer for Healing

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

brianbbs67
Guru

Prayer for Healing

Post #1

Post by brianbbs67 »

Should we not be leading in this time? Prayer and fasting? Or should God's will be done?

I will pray, Creator, heal and save us further suffering. Be with our leaders and guide them. Lesson the pain. And deliver us, YHVH. I pray with the approval of your son, Yeshua in his name. Amen

I hope everyone is getting along well as we all go thru this sickness.

My question, since there must be one, is, should we do this or just wait upon the Lord?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Prayer for Healing

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by brianbbs67]

Since there must be one what?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

FWI
Sage

Post #3

Post by FWI »

brianbbs67 wrote:Should we not be leading in this time? Prayer and fasting? Or should God's will be done?

Yes, setting the proper example is appropriate. Yet, prayer and fasting should be practiced on a regular basis and not just when things are going in the wrong direction. Since, it's God's will that "all" should come to the understanding of His plan and acknowledge the Christ, humankind has a huge problem. But, does that mean the current issue (viruses) are from God? Probably not…

However, in the US there are about "one million individuals' who contract the flu virus and on average about 30,000 die from this virus each year. So, there is more to it than just asking God to help or assuming that every virus is from God, because there are other factors to this sad equation. And, human nature seems to be the main one!

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by PinSeeker »

brianbbs67 wrote: Should we not be leading in this time? Prayer and fasting? Or should God's will be done?
All of the above, of course.
brianbbs67 wrote: I will pray, Creator, heal and save us further suffering. Be with our leaders and guide them. Lesson the pain. And deliver us, YHVH. I pray with the approval of your son, Yeshua in his name. Amen.
All God's people should say 'amen' to that. Amen.
brianbbs67 wrote: I hope everyone is getting along well as we all go thru this sickness.
Amen again.
brianbbs67 wrote: My question, since there must be one, is, should we do this or just wait upon the Lord?
Must be a sickness, a pandemic, I guess.

Yeah, waiting upon the Lord is what we should be doing, of course. But the Hebrew word for "wait" in Isaiah 40:31 is in the sense of being a waiter to someone, as in actively serving someone, not merely standing pat. And there are a whole lot of active ways to serve the Lord... and to serve fellow humans, which is also to serve the Lord, in the sense of Matthew 25:34-40. Don't you agree?

Grace and peace to all.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by brianbbs67]

PinSeeker wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: My question, since there must be one, is, should we do this or just wait upon the Lord?
Must be a sickness, a pandemic, I guess.

O okay... but there have been many pandemics over the years includjng the Spanish Flu ...but yes Jesus fortold the last days would be marked by several global phenomena including pestilenceces (plagues).

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Menotu
Sage

Post #6

Post by Menotu »

brianbbs67 wrote: Should we not be leading in this time? Prayer and fasting? Or should God's will be done?

I will pray, Creator, heal and save us further suffering. Be with our leaders and guide them. Lesson the pain. And deliver us, YHVH. I pray with the approval of your son, Yeshua in his name. Amen

I hope everyone is getting along well as we all go thru this sickness.

My question, since there must be one, is, should we do this or just wait upon the Lord?
There are many answers. Probably has a lot more to do with one's POV on God.
Some pray for healing and get it while others pray for it and don't get it.
Those that get it were seen as 'righteous' in God's eyes while the other ones weren't.
Those that don't believe in God likely don't pray so what they get or don't get is irrelevant to this discussion.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by PinSeeker »

JehovahsWitness wrote: O okay... but there have been many pandemics over the years includjng the Spanish Flu ...but yes Jesus fortold the last days would be marked by several global phenomena including pestilenceces (plagues).
Right, and there have been, ever since the last days began 2000-plus years ago. We just haven't had TV or the internet for that long... :)

tam
Savant

Post #8

Post by tam »

Peace to you, dear brian,

Or should God's will be done?
Always.

Perhaps the example of how Christ prayed will help (when He asked that the cup to be taken away from Him):

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.�....

....He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.�

Matt 26:39 and 42

Peace again to you and to your household,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #9

Post by brianbbs67 »

A question for debate and a sickness.(its here so it must be)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

brianbbs67 wrote:

A question for debate and a sickness.(its here so it must be)

Sickness was never part of Gods purpose for mankind. He is allowing it for the time being but people can take comfort, there is a hope, soon everyone on earth will enjoy perfect health.