Prayer for Healing

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

brianbbs67
Guru

Prayer for Healing

Post #1

Post by brianbbs67 »

Should we not be leading in this time? Prayer and fasting? Or should God's will be done?

I will pray, Creator, heal and save us further suffering. Be with our leaders and guide them. Lesson the pain. And deliver us, YHVH. I pray with the approval of your son, Yeshua in his name. Amen

I hope everyone is getting along well as we all go thru this sickness.

My question, since there must be one, is, should we do this or just wait upon the Lord?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Prayer for Healing

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Menotu wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: Should we not be leading in this time? Prayer and fasting? Or should God's will be done?

I will pray, Creator, heal and save us further suffering. Be with our leaders and guide them. Lesson the pain. And deliver us, YHVH. I pray with the approval of your son, Yeshua in his name. Amen

I hope everyone is getting along well as we all go thru this sickness.

My question, since there must be one, is, should we do this or just wait upon the Lord?
There are many answers. Probably has a lot more to do with one's POV on God.
Some pray for healing and get it while others pray for it and don't get it.
Those that get it were seen as 'righteous' in God's eyes while the other ones weren't.
Those that don't believe in God likely don't pray so what they get or don't get is irrelevant to this discussion.
I would say that when people pray for healing and get it that it is a coincidence, or it was psychosymatic. God doesn't heal physical ailments at this time. His time is the new system of things when Christ rules over the earth during his Millennial Reign.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #12

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by brianbbs67]

Since there must be one what?
A question for debate and a sickness.(its here so it must be)

Sickness was never part of Gods purpose for mankind. He is allowing it for the time being but people can take comfort, there is a hope, soon everyone on earth will enjoy perfect health.

Yes, wonderful! It's so encouraging knowing that God WILL heal everyone in the new system of things. Rev.21:4.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by brianbbs67]

Since there must be one what?
A question for debate and a sickness.(its here so it must be)

Sickness was never part of Gods purpose for mankind. He is allowing it for the time being but people can take comfort, there is a hope, soon everyone on earth will enjoy perfect health.

Yes, wonderful! It's so encouraging knowing that God WILL heal everyone in the new system of things. Rev.21:4.
Wonderful indeed.

Sickness and disease are of the old order of things that will pass away when Jesus returns, bringing the new heaven and the new earth, where righteousness dwells and the curse is no more.