Show Me A Sign

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

earl
Scholar

Show Me A Sign

Post #1

Post by earl »

Can there be physical evidence for proof of God's existence?
What physical demonstration of power and presence should God perform for you to prove to you God is real?
What physical proof do you need?
Is your sign worthy enough to invoke God to show himself to you?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Show Me A Sign

Post #2

Post by Zzyzx »

earl wrote: Is your sign worthy enough to invoke God to show himself to you?
That is backward. I don't need 'gods' but 'gods' need worshipers or they become relevant (if they are not already).

Which of the thousands of proposed 'gods', if any, is worthy of my acceptance -- and why?

Likewise, preachers need customers or they become unemployed and/or insolvent. Which of them, if any, is worthy of my acceptance -- and why?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Show Me A Sign

Post #3

Post by AgnosticBoy »

earl wrote: Can there be physical evidence for proof of God's existence?
It depends on how you define God. If God remain as a spirit, then they can not be proven. But if they are able to take physical form, like Jesus, then they can be physically proven.

What physical demonstration of power and presence should God perform for you to prove to you God is real?
What physical proof do you need?
Is your sign worthy enough to invoke God to show himself to you?[/quote]

earl
Scholar

Post #4

Post by earl »

Zzyzx,
You state god's needs worshipers.
Is this to be understood that you admit Gods are real since you state something god's need?-worshipers?Is that not a sign from God(s) to you?
" Which of the thousands of proposed gods,if any is worthy of my acceptance?'
Your choice to choose.That is a question for the self and God(s).
"And why?"
You state ,"gods need worshipers"
Nothing here is about preachers,customers,unemployment.
But if your keen mind has an example of a demonstration of power and presence that you think God should do to prove he is real then go ahead.

SallyF
Guru

Post #5

Post by SallyF »

Any sort of the tiniest hint of something resembling any sort of sign from any sort of god would do.

Anything at all.

But nothing of any sort EVER comes.

No god is EVER shown to exist outside the imaginations of humans.

No "scripture" is EVER shown to have come from anywhere other than human imaginations.

Until some sort of any sort of sign is shown, I'll continue to recognise that Christianity and all other belief systems are just human games of make-believe.
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

earl
Scholar

Post #6

Post by earl »

SallyF,
Your time is now at hand to give an example of what a physical power and presence should God perform for you to prove to you God is real.
Let's hear it.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Purple Knight »

The trouble with signs is that not even Christians are going to believe them if they're false signs.

So we have these signs that supposedly prove Jesus is the son of God, but if a priest of Satan did them, this wouldn't make any of you think Satan was the true servant of good.

So my question is: Why should any of us trust any signs at all? They might be coming from evil, and it would be really weird to suggest that evil would tell you it was evil.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Difflugia »

earl wrote: SallyF,
Your time is now at hand to give an example of what a physical power and presence should God perform for you to prove to you God is real.
Let's hear it.
If I may...

COVID-19 disappears. All physical traces of it are gone. The sick are well, all surfaces and samples are clear of viral proteins or nucleic acid fragments. The only indications that it ever existed are news reports, nucleic acid sequence data, and the cries of mourning for the already dead.

If that happens, I will personally fly to Gerizim, sacrifice as many goats as I can get my hands on and offer the yummiest aroma to Yahweh I know how.

earl
Scholar

Post #9

Post by earl »

PurpleKnight,
The whole question is directed to the you.
"for you to prove to you God is real"
This is not about trusting other's signs.
It is the sign ,demonstration , you want to see as proof for you.
To do that post your example of what is proof for you to prove to you God is real.
Let your fingers do the talking.

earl
Scholar

Post #10

Post by earl »

Difflugia,
You did not specify a particular God for one said there will be wars and rumor of wars and pestilences...and did not give a specific end time date and moment of end neither how many times these things will reoccur.
You did not state a specific end time date and moment of end for your example.
That is if you want it to apply.