YOU'RE FIRED!

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #1

Post by Miles »

Joe Biden, now with 279 electoral votes and Trump with only 213 or 214 electoral votes (depends on whom your watching) is the clear President Elect of the U.S.A..

Trump received the news while golfing in Florida. (Where else would he be?)

Upon hearing of Biden's 279 electoral votes. . . .

“Frankly, we did win this election.” * "Yup." "You sure did your highness." "yes siree!"

"Shortly before his defeat by Joe Biden was called, and with the nation deeply divided, Donald Trump began his Saturday by tweeting inflammatory and unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud. Then he went to play golf.

The president, the White House pool reporter wrote, appeared for the motorcade to his course in Sterling, Virginia “wearing white Maga cap, windbreaker, dark slacks, non-dress shirt, shoes that look appropriate for golfing”.

Trump’s dedication to playing golf while in office has been a source of continuing controversy – particularly because he memorably and repeatedly lambasted his predecessor, Barack Obama, over how often he played the game."
source

And

"Trump Was Golfing When He Lost the Presidency"
Where were you when you found out the 2020 presidential election was called for Joe Biden? I was at home, blogging. My neighbors appear to have been “at the store, shopping for airhorns.” We know where President Trump was: at the golf course. According to the Associated Press, Trump left for his golf course in Virginia earlier this morning and hasn’t yet come back.

Thoughts and prayers for his caddie."
source

And Trump's response?

"Donald Trump is refusing to concede the presidential election to Joe Biden even after the Associated Press, and every US television news network, declared him the president-elect, saying the race is “far from over” and promising an intense legal fight.

“The simple fact is this election is far from over. Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor,” the president said in a statement, released by his campaign.

“Beginning Monday, our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated. The American people are entitled to an honest election: that means counting all legal ballots, and not counting any illegal ballots,” he said, continuing to claim there is widespread voter fraud but without evidence."
source

So, kind members, how do you think Trump will be handling his defeat in the coming months. Will he actually go ahead with an "intense legal fight"? Will he welcome the Bidens into the White House in January as is the custom? Will he even attend Biden's inauguration? Some TV pundits are doubtful.

*source

The Barbarian
Sage

Re: YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #241

Post by The Barbarian »

Meantime, let's get back to the issue at hand. It's not that voter fraud is unknown. It's just that there wasn't enough of it to swing the election. They tried, though:

3News Investigates: Judge hands down 3-year prison sentence for Shaker Heights attorney who illegally voted twice in multiple elections
James Saunders, a registered Republican, received the maximum sentence for casting ballots in both Ohio and Florida during the 2020 and 2022 general elections.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/crime ... b09e79d229

Iowa woman who tried to vote for Trump twice pleads guilty to election misconduct
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/voter-frau ... ump-twice/

Man Charged for Voting as Dead Mother for Trump in 3rd Case of Voter Fraud in Pennsylvania
https://www.newsweek.com/man-charged-vo ... ia-1556553

Nevada Man Is Charged With Voting Using His Dead Wife’s Ballot
Donald Kirk Hartle, a Republican, had claimed that someone voted in the 2020 election by using the mail-in ballot of his wife, who died in 2017. He now faces two counts of voter fraud.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/23/us/v ... evada.html

According to news reports, Trump had the dead voter block pretty much to himself. But it still didn't help him.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #242

Post by AgnosticBoy »

boatsnguitars wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:56 pm Just pony up the evidence. That's all any one is asking. All the talk, court cases and stupid movies about mules hasn't produced an ounce of evidence.

And, not for nothing, that would include Trump trying to stuff ballot boxes, which hasn't been investigated.

Ergo, the election was not stolen.
My position has not been that the 2020 was stolen, but rather it's that we should allow all of the audits, added security, recounts, etc. I think a lot of disagreement earlier on was on the extent that election fraud occurs, whether it is large scale (enough to overturn an election) or not. Some thought that fraud occured on a small scale, while I was open to the potential for large scale fraud. I was open-minded on that pending the outcomes of all of the investigations, audits, and other things that were going on. Now that audits and investigations have taken place, I would say that we have more certainty in the results of the 2020 presidential election than in any other election in history. Trump has now been reduced to offering conspiracy theories.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #243

Post by boatsnguitars »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:10 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:56 pm Just pony up the evidence. That's all any one is asking. All the talk, court cases and stupid movies about mules hasn't produced an ounce of evidence.

And, not for nothing, that would include Trump trying to stuff ballot boxes, which hasn't been investigated.

Ergo, the election was not stolen.
My position has not been that the 2020 was stolen, but rather it's that we should allow all of the audits, added security, recounts, etc. I think a lot of disagreement earlier on was on the extent that election fraud occurs, whether it is large scale (enough to overturn an election) or not. Some thought that fraud occured on a small scale, while I was open to the potential for large scale fraud. I was open-minded on that pending the outcomes of all of the investigations, audits, and other things that were going on. Now that audits and investigations have taken place, I would say that we have more certainty in the results of the 2020 presidential election than in any other election in history. Trump has now been reduced to offering conspiracy theories.
I understand a general apprehension about voting safety, but if anyone has volunteered to help out at the voting booth they are generally made aware of how secure it is. That's where it starts with me.

Then, you have to crunch the numbers: in order to sway an election you'd have to have fraud at such a scale that it would be obvious, and would involve 100,000's of thousands of people willing to go to jail for their small, inconsequential part.

Then, you'd expect independent and major news organizations to be involved, courts to allow cases to move forward, international watchdogs to speak out.

And, then, you wouldn't expect the few known grifters, liars and conspiracy theorists to be the only ones clamoring about election fraud, it would include many others. Russia, China, Iran, et al, ... Al Jazeera, BBC, etc. - all these groups to pile on against America; looking to bring down the alpha dog.

None of this has happened, in fact, it's been quite different. All those watchdogs, etc., have pointed to Republicans trying to skew the election by voter suppression, gerrymandering, etc. - these are the "legal frauds" that we know about and allow, yet seem, on their face, anti-democratic.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #244

Post by The Barbarian »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:27 am Do you agree that security can be used in a proactive way?
I notice that it has been so used.

But to get back to the subject, I notice that illegal voting has occurred, and the perps almost always get caught, and there seems to have been no elections in which such voters made a difference in the outcome. While there are a lot of people on voter rolls who don't belong there (deaths, moved out of state, etc) hardly any of them vote.

Since present controls have been so effective, I would like to see those continued.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #245

Post by The Barbarian »

The major source of voter fraud is now the government of states engaging in Gerrymandering and voter suppression. Can you agree that we have to clean this up so that the will of the people can determine elections?

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #246

Post by Daedalus X »

The Barbarian wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:33 am I notice that illegal voting has occurred, and the perps almost always get caught,
How can you justify the claim "perps almost always get caught"? If they don't get caught, then you will not know that they did not get caught. They don't know how many votes they should have, and they can't verify any particular vote as being legitimate.

Retailers know that about 2% of shoplifters get caught, because they know the value of items recovered from failed shoplifting and they know how much of their merchandise goes missing from the mandatory annual inventory.

Here is a good talk on the 2004 Kerry Bush in Ohio election.

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #247

Post by Daedalus X »

The Barbarian wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:14 am The major source of voter fraud is now the government of states engaging in Gerrymandering and voter suppression. Can you agree that we have to clean this up so that the will of the people can determine elections?
Gerrymandering must be done openly, so we can see who is doing it and as far as I know it is not illegal and is done by both parties.
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the- ... nder-myth/

But a much bigger fraud is committed by our friends at Google, they can swing an election by at least 5% maybe 10% or more.

https://rumble.com/v3dzcrq-september-1-2023.html

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #248

Post by The Barbarian »

Daedalus X wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:59 pm
The Barbarian wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:14 am The major source of voter fraud is now the government of states engaging in Gerrymandering and voter suppression. Can you agree that we have to clean this up so that the will of the people can determine elections?
Gerrymandering must be done openly, so we can see who is doing it and as far as I know it is not illegal and is done by both parties.
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the- ... nder-myth/
It's a crooked way to defeat the will of the electorate. Fraud committed openly is still fraud. And yes, it should be illegal no matter who does it. In the long run, it degrades the confidence of Americans in our government.
But a much bigger fraud is committed by our friends at Google, they can swing an election by at least 5% maybe 10% or more.
https://rumble.com/v3dzcrq-september-1-2023.html

Rumble – Bias and Credibility
QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate Rumble Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories and false information, use of poor sources, and a lack of transparency.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rumble/

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #249

Post by The Barbarian »

Daedalus X wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:50 pm
The Barbarian wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:33 am I notice that illegal voting has occurred, and the perps almost always get caught,
How can you justify the claim "perps almost always get caught"?
There are only so many ways to actually vote illegally. And all of them are checkable with existing security. Notice all the dead people voting for Trump were caught.

Here is a good talk on the 2004 Kerry Bush in Ohio election.

"It has to be true; I saw it on YouTube!"

Actually, no.

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #250

Post by Daedalus X »

The Barbarian wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:25 pm It's a crooked way to defeat the will of the electorate. Fraud committed openly is still fraud. And yes, it should be illegal no matter who does it. In the long run, it degrades the confidence of Americans in our government.
Gerrymandering is a problem only for the citizenry, because we labour under the false assumption that we choose a candidate from two parties, when in reality there is only one party and that party (of the rich, by the rich and for the rich) does not care if we choose blue or red, since they control both candidates.
Overall, we rate https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ Left Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of left-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories and false information, use of poor sources, and a lack of transparency.
The idea of "fact checkers" was brilliant, "It has to be true; I saw it on mediabiasfactcheck.com". Can you see how easily the general public can be duped? They believe everything that the fact checkers tell them, without even thinking about the possibility that these sites are just a part of the daily brainwashing.

Rumble is not a source that produces any content, they are a platform that allows content creators to provide videos without fear of censorship. This does mean that there will be bad information out there, and if one needs a nanny state to protect one from bad ideas, then Rumble may not be a the best match. One may want to stick with youtube and watch their unmatched collection of cat videos without the fear of being exposed to real world ideas as youtube censors the stuff that the powers that be don't want people to see.
The Barbarian wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:28 pm There are only so many ways to actually vote illegally. And all of them are checkable with existing security. Notice all the dead people voting for Trump were caught.
That would be an argument from incredulity, "I can't imagine any other way to cheat so there must be no other way to do it".

Trust me on this, if there is a will, there is a way. ($ Billions are on the line, is a will) People have been fooling people for a long time, and the one thing that predisposes people to be fooled is the belief they can't be fooled. If you think that you have found all the ways to vote illegaly then you have just deceived yourself.

Have you seen this way of voter fraud?