Keep your friends from going to hell!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Cmass
Guru

Keep your friends from going to hell!

Post #1

Post by Cmass »

If you take the bible literally, then most people are going to hell. If this is true, many of your friends may be heading for hell. Permanent torture is the most hideous thing imaginable.
Are you begging them and doing whatever is possible can to keep out of hell?
Last edited by Cmass on Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by Confused »

AB wrote:
Confused wrote:
AB wrote:
Confused wrote:
AB wrote:Most people equates to plus 50%. Please support your statement of "most"
Who?
I was speaking to the original post that states most people are going to Hell. I'm not sure most people are going to hell.
So you think that >50% of the population of the earth are all good christians going to heaven?
Don't know. Just trying to add some substance to the "most" quote.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

wizanda
Student

Post #22

Post by wizanda »

Where did I get that, heaven is Oneness made of unconditional love and wisdom...

Died at 23 accidentally...anda sent to begin with, as the name suggests O:)

Cmass
Guru

Post #23

Post by Cmass »

From Achilles:
This is something I would hang on to because ultimately my daughter's destination is her Choice. If God wont break free will to force her into heaven, what chance do I have of forcing her?
So, if your daughter, whom you love and care for with all your heart decides to reject what she deems to be nothing more than a fairy tail, and if she goes to hell for it, would you be tormented in heaven?
As long as there is a hell there can be no heaven for the people and their societies created each other and in doing so were inexorably linked. For every "good" person in heaven there is at least 1 "bad" person in hell who is dearly loved by the person in heaven. And I would bet there are very few people in hell who do not dearly love someone in heaven.
All in all, a very bizarre scenario that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Confusion over my OP:
So you think that >50% of the population of the earth are all good Christians going to heaven?
Don't know. Just trying to add some substance to the "most" quote.
I used the word "most" because I have not found any agreement among Christians as to a specific %. Christian literature and discussion I have read indicate that "most" Christians believe "most" people are going to hell. Of course God has the final say, but that has not stopped Christians from speculating on all other matters of God's decision making process.

wizanda
Student

Post #24

Post by wizanda »

My point Christians are Anti-Christ = Sheep
Muslims = Goats and just say But yet have no faith as the Quran would state...

Just a shame their arn't many farmers and shepherds, who know all paths and help oneness!

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #25

Post by Confused »

wizanda wrote:My point Christians are Anti-Christ = Sheep

Just a shame their arn't many farmers and shepherds, who know all paths and help oneness!
You have done one to many acid trips. Either that or your dimension and mine just don't mesh. I have no clue what you are saying most (>50%) of the time.
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine

-Harvey Fierstein

wizanda
Student

Post #26

Post by wizanda »

Cool like stated many don't know us? do you know you either?

Cmass
Guru

Post #27

Post by Cmass »

Achilles wrote:
On the contrary, I think you would make a very good Christian. You also make a good atheist.
Well, thank you Achilles! But I really would make a lousy Christian. A good person perhaps, but a lousy Christian. I love the ritual and tradition of Christmas but only because it is an excuse to have friends and family over for parties during the long, dark, rainy, snowy winter nights on the little mountain I live on. :drunk: Jesus, even as a historical figure was not born in December. Christmas is a Pagan holiday.

I have been to more churches in more denominations than you are years old - in fact, all across the Midwest when I was touring with a choir and then as a semi-professional singer. During that time I never heard a sermon that was less absurd than it was entertaining to watch. Pure entertainment, nothing more.

Here is another reason I would make a lousy Christian: I am terribly irreverent. :yapyap: I really don't give a poop who you are or what your status is - I really don't. I may think it is really cool to meet you or I might have great respect for you because of great things you have done, but I have little capacity for bowing to anyone for anything. I just don't like it.

I also have a really tough time staying still in Church. "Lets get to the music! Let's go outside and play - I'm sure God is in the playground so lets go see!" The standing up and sitting down when told, reciting words out of the bible in unison etc.. I can barely keep from laughing most the time and view it as shallow actions by sometimes incredibly insincere people.

Here is actual even that exemplifies why I should not spend much time in a house of worship while other people are present:
One fine Sunday morning I had to perform at a Christian Science church. My accompanist was nearing 80 years old but had a very sly sense of humor. We shared our view of these sermons: They were utterly bizarre. There were 2 pulpits, 2 preachers - one reading biblical scriptures & one reading Mary Baker Eddy. Eddy wrote while on mushrooms and acid trips. Listening to the bible babble was bad enough but Eddy's drug tripping claptrap was over the top!
So, there we were in the front pew getting ready to perform our next song and as the sermon built in intensity so it too built in absurdity - and then this little old lady nudged my arm, winked with a grin! :giggle: I completely lost it. I ran to the bathroom at full speed as I began one of the worst laughing attacks of my entire life! :D
The whole church scene was so utterly absurd with the strange unintelligible preaching and all those people pretending to be so staid, trying so hard to look interested, trying even harder not to fart or pick their noses - and this little old lady ready to chuckle and egging me on. It was just too much. When I got to the bathroom I was literally screaming in laughter, the noise bouncing off the tiled walls, tears streaming down my face, doubled over. I almost peed my pants. It took me 10 minutes before I was able to return to the congregation and finally sing.....the whole time panicked that I might start laughing hysterically in the middle of a tune. I am cracking up now just remembering it.:lol:

So, no, I would not make a very good Christian - at least not the good church going variety. But thanks for the vote of confidence.
Last edited by Cmass on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cmass
Guru

Post #28

Post by Cmass »

My point Christians are Anti-Christ = Sheep
You have done one to many acid trips. Either that or your dimension and mine just don't mesh. I have no clue what you are saying most (>50%) of the time.
Ok, I am having another laughing attack!! Writing about the church laughing attack from years ago started me laughing....and now this!

Followed by this:
Cool like stated many don't know us? do you know you either?
5 tokens for both of you!
I think I just woke up my kid....

wizanda
Student

Post #29

Post by wizanda »

Agreed and amen to churches are borning dead places....

Let's put it like this...If God is lord of living and a book means killing a tree, which is a life for many of natures creature, which we are supposed to take care of....in what way does any religious dogmatic bahavoir help life?

Like I wrote up on how heaven is for children, my big problem on a sunday or any day is nature wrote my poem and with out my song we are none beings...so lets get this straight we lock our selfs up away from the birds and creatures and stop all life comming in these building and then have the nerve to call them a house of God????

Best ask how come Abramham's, Isaac and Jacob planted TREE's as a shrine! Being the great oaks and horsechestnut (bread of life + may stop aids also) untill some one choose to chop all the trees down to build crosses to hang up all it children.....

What do you think a bird calls the temple of the lord? where do the sparrow nest? The oak and horsechestnut....

oh and lets not forget the Fig for real...as in the echo caves Africa deepest root system in the world....would fix Isreal before it sinks...

Want to help friends not go to hell, ask them to help nature and other before them selfs....

Want to get them in hell provide isolation seperation and lock them away from mother nature who had provided light for them to grow....

Then tell them this light is darkness?

As Revelations puts it... yet not many notice those destorying the earth is the ones chosen to go....now since most christians will call it a weed and God him self calls it holy...since our congregations are meant to have said incense and oil not for some intoxicating pupose yet to discourage ego....

so yeh send your friends to church with the smartly dressed = EGO

With the nice wife and house = EGO

With the 2.4 children in the best school = EGO

In what way does that show works? oh yeh help the little old lady by passing the collection pot for the new church roofs...

Sorry yet this is not allowed and since honest to God is my witness Oneness is all that stands between us and heaven...

So call it a weed? what are you? call it anything other then equal and you are a mile off...Buddha being an offspring of Yeshua as the Da vinci code shows and other factual evidence like the Jewish knowing and beliving it see Yiddish Jew i.e. line of Christ and then see Polland = Eagles

Means that Buddha was trying to relate this... as the middle path which would always require none religious views, as he did state yet people never listen...

As Yeshua did state yet none listen as ....wait a second almost every propeht world wide who happen to be related, said the same thing and none listen...unstead they follow the prophet like some God?

Wait this makes no sense, if each says don't follow me follow what I follow being God.....

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #30

Post by Confused »

Cmass wrote:
Achilles wrote:
On the contrary, I think you would make a very good Christian. You also make a good atheist.
Well, thank you Achilles! But I really would make a lousy Christian. A good person perhaps, but a lousy Christian. I love the ritual and tradition of Christmas but only because it is an excuse to have friends and family over for parties during the long, dark, rainy, snowy winter nights on the little mountain I live on. :drunk: Jesus, even as a historical figure was not born in December. Christmas is a Pagan holiday.

I have been to more churches in more denominations than you are years old - in fact, all across the Midwest when I was touring with a choir and then as a semi-professional singer. During that time I never heard a sermon that was less absurd than it was entertaining to watch. Pure entertainment, nothing more.

Here is another reason I would make a lousy Christian: I am terribly irreverent. :yapyap: I really don't give a poop who you are or what your status is - I really don't. I may think it is really cool to meet you or I might have great respect for you because of great things you have done, but I have little capacity for bowing to anyone for anything. I just don't like it.

I also have a really tough time staying still in Church. "Lets get to the music! Let's go outside and play - I'm sure God is in the playground so lets go see!" The standing up and sitting down when told, reciting words out of the bible in unison etc.. I can barely keep from laughing most the time and view it as shallow actions by sometimes incredibly insincere people.

Here is actual even that exemplifies why I should not spend much time in a house of worship while other people are present:
One fine Sunday morning I had to perform at a Christian Science church. My accompanist was nearing 80 years old but had a very sly sense of humor. We shared our view of these sermons: They were utterly bizarre. There were 2 pulpits, 2 preachers - one reading biblical scriptures & one reading Mary Baker Eddy. Eddy wrote while on mushrooms and acid trips. Listening to the bible babble was bad enough but Eddy's drug tripping claptrap was over the top!
So, there we were in the front pew getting ready to perform our next song and as the sermon built in intensity so it too built in absurdity - and then this little old lady nudged my arm, winked with a grin! :giggle: I completely lost it. I ran to the bathroom at full speed as I began one of the worst laughing attacks of my entire life! :D
The whole church scene was so utterly absurd with the strange unintelligible preaching and all those people pretending to be so staid, trying so hard to look interested, trying even harder not to fart or pick their noses - and this little old lady ready to chuckle and egging me on. It was just too much. When I got to the bathroom I was literally screaming in laughter, the noise bouncing off the tiled walls, tears streaming down my face, doubled over. I almost peed my pants. It took me 10 minutes before I was able to return to the congregation and finally sing.....the whole time panicked that I might start laughing hysterically in the middle of a tune. I am cracking up now just remembering it.:lol:

So, no, I would not make a very good Christian - at least not the good church going variety. But thanks for the vote of confidence.
I have read you play both sides of the ball. While I love to play devils advocate, I don't do it simply to be a pain in the ers. I do it to learn. I just have a difficult time reconciling many issues with most organized religions. I can't say I am spiritual either. I can only keep seeking. But still, in regards to friends and family in hell vs heaven, I would rather suffer eternity with family and friends than be happy and healthy with a group of strangers.
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine

-Harvey Fierstein