nobspeople
Prodigy

Why did Jesus have to be male?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Along the same lines of the thread here
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38174
Why did Jesus have to be male?
I assume he is though some may debate it if the above thread is any indication about what words mean and what terms were used then as they are now.

But why did God (whatever gender it is or isn't) decide to make a male version of himself/son (whichever you choose to believe)?
Why couldn't Jesus have been a female? Would the sacrifice he's said to have made been any more of less successful?
Was Jesus needed to be male in order to get respect and attention? If so, could this be why God is male?
What was the reason why Jesus was and had to be male?
Or was if simply random?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

brunumb
Savant

Re: Why did Jesus have to be male?

Post #181

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:20 am There is circular reasoning involved here.
All I see is a question that you are apparently not willing to answer. Please indicate how there is circular reasoning involved in simply asking a question.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #182

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brunumb wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:17 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:20 am There is circular reasoning involved here.
... Please indicate how there is circular reasoning involved in simply asking a question.
I didn't say the circular reasoning was in asking a question. The circular reeasoning is involved in using the the premise to establish the conclusion.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #183

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:48 am
Miles wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:36 am
The first 50 examples (out of 238) of God's cruelty as described in the Bible. [Cruelty: the "callous indifference to, or pleasure in, causing pain and suffering.”]
As I said before I do not see ANY evidence of cruelty in the verses you cited. On the other hand here are 160 Bible verses about God’s love ...
When dismissing the quotes ya ain't proud of, and flinging out a bunch of em ya are...

I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #184

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:26 am
brunumb wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:17 am
... Please indicate how there is circular reasoning involved in simply asking a question.
I didn't say the circular reasoning was in asking a question. The circular reeasoning is involved in using the the premise to establish the conclusion.
Really? If that is the case then you should be able to clarify. What exactly was the premise and what was the conclusion it established? Show how circular reasoning is involved since that was your claim.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #185

Post by The Nice Centurion »

[Replying to brunumb in post #184]
" I do not want to answer his question, so I better suppose its circular reasoning, to be legitimized not to answer it! "

" Since now his question is supposedly circular reasoning, I will not answer it! "
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Avoice
Guru

Post #186

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]
Because to claim he is the one we wait for he has to be a direct male descendant of king David through his son Soloman.

Of course the rediculous virgin birth story proves he can't be the one we are waiting for

Miles
Savant

Post #187

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:06 am
Miles wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:48 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:38 pm
brunumb wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:39 am The hapless couple were deceived by the serpent.
Eve was deceived, Adam was not.

This would require a comment somewhere in Genesis indicating that Adam's understanding of the snake's remarks was different than that of Eve's.
This would require somewhere in scripture indicating that Adam's understanding of the snake's remarks was different than that of Eve's.

1 TIMOTHY 2:14 NLT

And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.
For more details please go to other posts related to...

ORIGINAL SIN , ADAM and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE
Then this begs the question; after having been told not to eat the apple,

Genesis 2 15-178
15 The Lord God put the man in the Garden of Eden to work the soil and take care of the garden. 16 The Lord God gave him this command: “You may eat from any tree in the garden. 17 But you must not eat from the tree that gives knowledge about good and evil. If you eat fruit from that tree, on that day you will certainly die!” [This was before Eve had been created]

Why did he?

Genesis 3:6
6 The woman could see that the tree was beautiful and the fruit looked so good to eat. She also liked the idea that it would make her wise. So she took some of the fruit from the tree and ate it. Her husband was there with her, so she gave him some of the fruit, and he ate it.

So either 1 TIMOTHY 2:14 got it wrong when it says "And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan," or Adam was a blooming dolt with the IQ and memory of a gnat (something an all-knowing god would have been well aware of) because he too was convinced to eat the apple----The story says nothing about Eve convincing Adam, who was right alongside her when the snake was making its case.

Nope, Adam took a bite because he was convinced it was the right thing to do, and the only one doing any convincing was the snake. Eve said zippo to Adam. All she did was hand the apple to him.

Genesis 3:12
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me gave me fruit from that tree. So I ate it.”

Adam:

....... 1. a nincompoop

OR

....... 2. deceived by the snake?

So, either god made a mistake and created a faulty creature when he made Adam, or he wanted Adam to fail from the very outset so as to beset the world with original sin. Personally, I go with the second option here.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #188

WHY DID ADAM TAKE THE FRUIT?

If Adam was not decived by the snake why did he disobey God? Although we cannot be dogmatic one thing is evident, Eve had already sinned before she invited her husband to do the same, so Adam's choice was side with his wife or stay loyal to his Maker.

If he chose the former it may have been that he feared the prospect of life without her. He may have immediately seen she had done something which would cost her her life and misplaced loyalty or fear if the future (fearing life without her) led him to make reason he would rather die with her than live without her. Perhaps he reckoned there would be a workaround that would lead to a better life than that offered by God.

It seems evident both Adam and Eve knew what they were doing was wrong, Eve was tricked into believing she would benefit in some way from that wrong even perhaps escaping punishment ; while Adam, aware of the cost, chose rebellion for his own selfish reasons, throwing his unborn children under the horse drawn chariot. In short, Adam may not have been decieved by Satan but he was deceived by his own selfish desires into believing there can be any benefit from disobeying God.

For more details please go to other posts related to...

THE GARDEN OF EDEN , ADAM and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

brunumb
Savant

Post #189

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:53 pm It seems evident both Adam and Eve knew what they were doing was wrong, Eve was tricked into believing she would benefit in some way from that wrong even perhaps escaping punishment ; while Adam, aware of the cost, chose rebellion for his own selfish reasons, throwing his unborn children under the horse drawn chariot. In short, Adam may not have been decieved by Satan but he was deceived by his own selfish desires into believing there can be any benefit from disobeying God.
It amazes me how we can read the minds of long dead, or never existed, people and come up with their thoughts that somehow align perfectly with our beliefs. Might as well just write a New Bible and fill in all the gaps for the benefit of everyone that still has any questions.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #190

Miles wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:46 pm...Adam took a bite because he was convinced it was the right thing to do ..
brunumb wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:53 pmIt amazes me how we can read the minds of long dead, or never existed, people and come up with their thoughts that somehow align perfectly with our beliefs.
To be fair Miles was only presenting a hypothesis.

JW