The Atonement

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

The Atonement

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

To all true Christians there is nothing more important to our salvation than "The Atonement of Jesus Christ".

Having said that, is it not therefore extremely important to every individual to understand fully what and how the atonement works for our benefit?

What does the atonement do or does not do?

What is required on our part to receive the full benefits of the atonement?

What and when and by whom did the atonement begin?

Can anyone clearly show all scriptures pertaining to the atonement?

I look forward to hearing your "take" on this most important topic.

Kind regards,
RW

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: The Atonement

Post #501

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:23 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:53 pm mythone
Nope, God loves and desires the best for everyone.
Nope Just Israel ! A Chosen People. Who is promised to be saved here in the Lord Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
There will always be a nation of Israel.

Do you think the Jews believe in Jesus as their Savior? Are they saved in that regards?

And I find it sad that God doesn't love you.

Actually, the Bible states that God is Love:
1 John 4:8 wrote:He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Where does the Bible state that God only loves the Israelis?
Its not talking about the physical nation of Israel. Now who according to the promise, shall be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #502

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:09 pm Its not talking about the physical nation of Israel. Now who according to the promise, shall be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
So you're not talking about Israel, you're talking about Israel.

That clears it up. :confused2:

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #503

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:22 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:09 pm Its not talking about the physical nation of Israel. Now who according to the promise, shall be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17

Yes, Like when Paul said Rom 9:6
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

There's Two Israel's

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #504

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:54 pm

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

There's Two Israel's
Please identify these "two Israel's.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #505

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #504]

I have and you ignored it.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #506

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:41 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:54 pm

There's Two Israel's
Please identify these "two Israel's.
According to Rom 9:6 how many Israels are there ?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #507

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:30 pm
According to Rom 9:6 how many Israels are there ?
Romans 9:6 wrote:Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Looks like one to me?

Why do you claim otherwise?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #508

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #507]

It looks like 2 to me, and im baffled you say otherwise. Read it again Rom 9:6

Please if you see one Israel still, expplain the dynamic to me. Also I ask any others who maybe reading, how many Israels do you observe in Rom 9:6

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #509

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:15 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #507]

Please if you see one Israel still, expplain the dynamic to me. Also I ask any others who maybe reading, how many Israels do you observe in Rom 9:6
God chose one nation and gave them special significance as God's chosen people:
Deuteronomy 7:6 wrote:The Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
God's chosen people were the seed of Abram, whose name was changed to Abraham:
Genesis 17:5-7 wrote:Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; . . .
Abraham's son Isaac later had twin sons named Jacob and Esau. Jacob's name was changed to Israel:
Genesis 35:10 wrote:And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
Israel had twelve sons which became twelve tribes known collectively as the children of Israel.

If there is more than one nation of the children of Israel, then it is not so "special."

Tcg
Savant

Post #510

Post by Tcg »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:15 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #507]

Paul is explaining the difference between being as Israelite by birth versus an Israelite by faith. Non-Israelites can become Israelites through faith and Israelites who aren't of the faith aren't true Israelites.

The verses following 6 clarify this:
Romans 9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, 7 and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” 8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. [ESV]

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom