The Atonement

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

The Atonement

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

To all true Christians there is nothing more important to our salvation than "The Atonement of Jesus Christ".

Having said that, is it not therefore extremely important to every individual to understand fully what and how the atonement works for our benefit?

What does the atonement do or does not do?

What is required on our part to receive the full benefits of the atonement?

What and when and by whom did the atonement begin?

Can anyone clearly show all scriptures pertaining to the atonement?

I look forward to hearing your "take" on this most important topic.

Kind regards,
RW

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: The Atonement

Post #601

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 am
Eddie Ramos wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:16 am
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:53 am Then you don't understand who Christ truly is. He is the Word of God. He is God Almighty in the flesh and all scripture came from the mouth of God (is God breathed).
No, Christ was the Word made flesh:

John 1:4
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...

God Almighty and the Word cannot die.

Jesus did.
Like I said, then you don't understand who Christ truly is.
But it isn't me that's wrong. John wrote that the Word was made flesh, and God Almighty and the Word are clearly immortal in the Bible which was inspired by God.

So you are saying that John and God got it all wrong.

But Eddie got it correct. Good for you Eddie.
But the word made flesh did die, thats why He was made flesh. Do you believe the word made flesh in Jn 1:14 is Jesus Christ the only begotten of the Father?

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yes or No

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #602

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:02 am
Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:53 am Then you don't understand who Christ truly is. He is the Word of God. He is God Almighty in the flesh and all scripture came from the mouth of God (is God breathed).

Jesus did.
But it isn't me that's wrong. John wrote that the Word was made flesh, and God Almighty and the Word are clearly immortal in the Bible which was inspired by God.

But the word made flesh did die, thats why He was made flesh. Do you believe the word made flesh in Jn 1:14 is Jesus Christ the only begotten of the Father?

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yes or No
Yes, of course.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #603

Post by Brightfame52 »

Perfected forever Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering[His Death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

When scripture states that by His One Offering [His Death or Blood] of Himself , those He died for are perfected forever, it means that they are Eternally Justified Perfectly before God's Law and Justice, based solely on Christ's sacrifice !

This is True because of Imputed Righteousness of Jesus Christ, His Righteousness is in behalf of all for whom He died ! His Righteousness laid to our Charge if He died for us is:

entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings

accurate, exact, or correct in every detail

As far as God's Law and Justice is concerned , those Christ died for are Isa 61:10

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Ps 132:9

Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.

Who are His Priests ? These Rev 1:5-6

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

He made us that by His Love and Blood ! We have a perfect Righteousness by Christ and so have been perfected forever before God !

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #604

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Jesus did.

What you're saying makes absolutely no sense biblically. You're saying that, "Christ was the Word made flesh:", and then you said, "God Almighty and the Word cannot die". But Jesus is both God and Christ, and he did die for sins.

Read the context of John 1, perhaps you may see it.

John 1:14-15 (KJV) 14 And the Word (which was God) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

This is Jesus, is it not?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #605

Post by myth-one.com »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:38 pm

Jesus did.

What you're saying makes absolutely no sense biblically. You're saying that, "Christ was the Word made flesh:", and then you said, "God Almighty and the Word cannot die". But Jesus is both God and Christ, and he did die for sins.

Read the context of John 1, perhaps you may see it.

John 1:14-15 (KJV) 14 And the Word (which was God) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

This is Jesus, is it not?
Yes, it absolutely is Jesus!

But why do you claim that Jesus is God and man after reading this verse??

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #606

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:36 am Perfected forever Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering[His Death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

When scripture states that by His One Offering [His Death or Blood] of Himself , those He died for are perfected forever, . . .
Jesus no no choice but to die.

And sin no longer affects our salvation -- so there is no longer any reason for anyone to die for our sins.

Jesus saves us through offering His inheritance of everlasting life as a gift to those of us who believe in Him as our Savior. He obtained that inheritance by living a sinless human life under the Old Testament Covenant.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Once we are born again of the Spirit, we are immortal spiritual bodied beings -- so death is no longer an option.

Every human should carefully make their choice of everlasting life or everlasting death, as there is no entrance back into life from everlasting death; nor is there any exit out of everlasting life.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #607

Post by Brightfame52 »

ed ramos
It doesnt make sense, contradictions like that surely indicate false teaching

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #608

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:00 pm

When scripture states that by His One Offering [His Death or Blood] of Himself , those He died for are perfected forever, . . .

And sin no longer affects our salvation -- so there is no longer any reason for anyone to die for our sins.

Jesus saves us through offering His inheritance of everlasting life as a gift to those of us who believe in Him as our Savior. He obtained that inheritance by living a sinless human life under the Old Testament Covenant.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Once we are born again of the Spirit, we are immortal spiritual bodied beings -- so death is no longer an option.

Every human should carefully make their choice of everlasting life or everlasting death, as there is no entrance back into life from everlasting death; nor is there any exit out of everlasting life.
In Heb 10:14 how were they said to be perfected forever ?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #609

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:46 am
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:00 pm

Under the Old Testament the wages of sin is death. So each sin needed to be forgiven or somehow atoned for. But man was constantly sinning. Thus man was constantly chasing perfection -- where perfection was having no sins imputed against us.

But under the New Testament Covenant those that believe in Jesus as their Savior will inherit everlasting life. So sin is no longer a factor in gaining or losing our salvation.

Simply believing makes us perfected for salvation regardless of our sins.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #610

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #609]