Rules Question

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Mattman
Student

Rules Question

Post #1

Post by Mattman »

Would it be OK if I post in the debate section with the header below? I'm not sure if it'd be considered "solicitation" or if it'd be permitted since I'm not asking people to go to a website/whatever.

Hello!

I love discussing/debating arguments related to God's existence and Christianity, and I have a voice chat group I'm putting together to do that. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Below is a brief summarized version of an argument. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

[Body of Post]

Thanks,
Matt

otseng
Savant

Re: Rules Question

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Sounds like another spam post to me...

Mattman
Student

Post #3

Post by Mattman »

[Replying to otseng in post #2]

I'm not sure what you mean by "spam." The intent would be to contribute to the discussion in the forum and also build a discussion group for voiced discussions.

I think of "Spam" as someone who posts and forgets, with no intent to contribute to the discussion. They usually don't even post actual content, they just post trying to drive people to their own site/platform/whatever. That's certainly not what I have in mind.

Mattman
Student

Post #4

Post by Mattman »

[Replying to otseng in post #2]

I'll go ahead and post one, and if the moderators take it down then I'll know. Thanks.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

We get spam posts all the time here, so people who seem legit are actually spammers. If you're not a spammer, you can post here.

We only allow debate topics in the debate subforums. If it's only for discussion, you can post in General Chat.