JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

What was the date of this claim of the Kingdom of God restored in 1914?

What did God do to set up the Kingdom of Heaven?

Is there any record of what he said to accomplish this great event?

Did the JW's originally claim that Christ would come on the date they claimed?

Let us hear your clear answers to the above questions.

Kind regards,
RW

William
Savant

Re: JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Post #121

Post by William »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #117]
One simply has to love oneself and ones neighbor... where is that written, other than within one's heart.
But Scripture says that we must love Jehovah our God first of all, and then our neighbor.
That's what I was saying, when I wrote;
How can one love others if one does not love oneself? How can one love oneself if one does not love one's God?
However, I do not have one name for my God. I have many names [including YHVH] for The Cosmic Mind of Creation.

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #118]

Those with no knowledge of scripture today cannot obey the first commandment.
Unsupported statements do not, a fact [truth] make.
SUPPORT FOR STATEMENT
That is not support for the bolded statement above.

Indeed, ‘You must love The Creator with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ is something folk can do, even if they have no access to any religious script.

The other biblical quotes bear witness to how individuals related to their idea of God - in love...indeed, the bible is mostly a books of stories to do with this inter-personal relationship.

And to add - many of those individuals did not even have access to what you are saying is 'Scripture' - so it would not be errant of me to point out that there is no concrete evidence to support the belief that knowledge of scripture is a commandment, even implicatively.

Certainly one can find inspiration for wanting to connect and commune, but this is simply not limited to the bible - thus quite obviously there is no such commandment that scripture be known, in order for one to connect and commune with The Creator Mind [Ghost] - therefore the knowledge must be sourced elsewhere, and primarily it must be sourced within the relationship itself - not to the stories of others [as inspiring as these might be] but to ones own story in relation with others.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #122

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:01 pm
Those with no knowledge of scripture today cannot obey the first commandment.

Indeed, ‘You must love The Creator with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ is something folk can do, even if they have no access to any religious script.

Firstly did I say access to "religious script" or did I say "knowledge of scripture"?

Second, Jesus was quite clear, people must know "the only true God" to be saved and he supported his claim by quoting from the existing scripture of his day, namely Deuteronomy CHAPTER 6 verse 5 which does not say to love "The Creator" but specifically "You must love Jehovah (YHWH) your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength".
1. Scripture existed in Jesus day.

2. There is a specific command therein to love YHWH.

3. There is therefore the implicit necessity to have access to said knowledge to obey points #1 and #2
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #123

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #122]
Firstly did I say access to "religious script" or did I say "knowledge of scripture"?
I am not sure you said either, but was not aware there was any difference.

William
Savant

Post #124

Post by William »

Second, Jesus was quite clear, people must know "the only true God" to be saved and he supported his claim by quoting Deuteronomy CHAPTER 6 verse 5 which does not say to love the "Creator" but specifically "You must love Jehovah (YHWH) your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength".
Potato/potato

Unless you are saying that YVHV is NOT The Creator?

William
Savant

Post #125

Post by William »

The above is a command, was and still is in the Hebrew scripture from which Jesus quoted. Biblically then there is indeed a implicit command to know scripture because it only through divine revelation recorded in said scripture that that God has revealed his identity. All holy writings (scripture) whether Hebrew or Greek Christian are essential to be a fully equipt man or woman of God.
By this you are clearly implying that those without access to Christian script, are unable to love The Creator, themselves or their neighbors.

There is no basis for that belief being the a matter of fact.

However, I see there is no point in taking this discussion any further. I will continue to have my loving relationship with The Creator without the need to do so through the medium of any particular book, and disregard your judgment of me, as being unrighteous of you -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #126

William wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:49 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #122]
I am not sure you said either ...
Here, let me refresh your memory....

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:39 pm... those with no knowledge of scripture today cannot obey the first commandment.
William wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:49 pm...but was not aware there was any difference.

The difference is access to scripture essentially means being able to read the book(s). Knowledge of scripture is having accurate information about what the books contain. It is not the papier and the ink (the script) that is important, its the information contained therein. God has revealed himself to mankind through divine revelation recorded in scripture. One cannot truely know Him without that knowledge, and since most of us cannot sit at the feet of Jesus and gain it firsthand, we have the written record of divinely inspired information that is the first step to coming to love JEHOVAH (YHWH).

JW

RELATED POSTS

What does it mean that the bible is "inspired of God"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 65#p867965

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

RELIGIOUS TRUTH , THE BIBLE and HERMENEUTICS*
* bible interpretation[/quote]
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #127

William wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:50 pm

Unless you are saying that YVHV is NOT The Creator?

False dichotomy: "The Creator" is a fitting title for the true God but the Divine NAME and said TITLE are not scripturally accorded the same import. Since various religions attributed creation to various gods, the God of the bible identifies himself by a unique name distinct and apart from the countless nameless Gods or false gods with a variety of names.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, THE DIVINE NAME and ...THE DIVINE PERSONALITY

Avoice
Guru

Post #128

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to William in post #116]

Love yourself?
Love your neighbor?

Tell me how much you love...
If your neighbors planned to go to work on the Sabbath what would you say to them?

William
Savant

Post #129

Post by William »

Avoice wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:38 am [Replying to William in post #116]

Love yourself?
Your have difficulty with that idea?
Love your neighbor?

Tell me how much you love...
If your neighbors planned to go to work on the Sabbath what would you say to them?
Nothing.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #130

Post by onewithhim »

Avoice wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:20 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #110]

Yeah, I read the quote.

You don't know anything about Jesus. Yet you admire him and call him lord. Doesn't that trouble you?

The creator spoke at Sinai. Is there a reason why you don't want to acknowledge what he said there? You don't seem to mind believing in a religion that has cut you off from that. That tells me that given a choice you'd rather not keep the law.
Would you like to keep the law?
Would it be something pleasant for you or make your life miserable?
Do you see the laws as good for mankind or not good? And why?

Thank you
How can you say that Jehovah's Witnesses such as JehovahsWitness and myself do not know Jesus? We are very familiar with the Christian Greek Scriptures and we are guided by Jesus to perform the preaching work he commissioned. (Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:18,19) Jesus fulfilled all of what Jehovah spoke to Moses about on Sinai. We don't need to keep the Law any more because it was fulfilled by Jesus Christ. The Law was in place to show Israel that they needed a Savior. No one could keep the Law perfectly. That is why it was considered a "curse." Jesus removed the curse and taught that the greatest two commandments were what the Law and the Prophets hung on.

"One of [the Pharisees], versed in the Law, tested him by asking: 'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' He said to him: '"You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind."' This is the greatest commandment. The second like it is this: 'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:35-40)