JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

What was the date of this claim of the Kingdom of God restored in 1914?

What did God do to set up the Kingdom of Heaven?

Is there any record of what he said to accomplish this great event?

Did the JW's originally claim that Christ would come on the date they claimed?

Let us hear your clear answers to the above questions.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Re: JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Post #141

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Avoice in post #10]

What came to pass in 1861? 1914 is the year that the world "became mad," as many historians have claimed. WWI began in 1914 and there hasn't been peace since. Sure, there were wars before then, but not World Wars, using the world's own description. Also, the time of Christ's becoming King can be figured out from understanding the illustration of the immense tree of Daniel 4:10-25. To understand this, go to the website www.jw.org and ask for "Nebuchadnezzar's dream of big tree" in the search box.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #142

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:55 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:44 pm
William wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #93]
Jesus practiced pure worship of Israel's God. He obeyed the Law to the letter.
Apparently this is untrue. He seemed to treat the law something which could be bent to suit the higher agenda...and didn't conflate 'obeying the law to the letter' with serving The Father.
Don't just give your opinion. Show from the Scriptures why you would say that Jesus didn't follow the Law, serving the Father.
I am not 'giving my opinion'. Nor did I say that Jesus didn't follow the law. I said he didn't obey the law to the letter, as was claimed.
I am surprised you do not know the scripture. It is about how the religious folk accused Jesus of supporting acts contrary to the laws of the sabbath.
The religious leaders did not successfully disparage Jesus over the Law because he never broke it. They claimed that his disciples broke the Law by eating grains from the field on the Sabbath. That was just their burdensome inflation of the Law. The disciples were threshing wheat by breaking off a few heads to eat?? That was ridiculous. Jesus said that they piled burdens on the people of their own making. These religious leaders made up many laws of their own, such as you had to wash your hands up to your elbows when you washed your hands. This was not in Jehovah's Law. The Jews had a whole set of laws that Jehovah did not have anything to do with. Jesus never broke the Law, he may have broken the Jews' own set of man-made laws.

William
Savant

Post #143

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:02 am
William wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:55 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:44 pm
William wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #93]
Jesus practiced pure worship of Israel's God. He obeyed the Law to the letter.
Apparently this is untrue. He seemed to treat the law something which could be bent to suit the higher agenda...and didn't conflate 'obeying the law to the letter' with serving The Father.
Don't just give your opinion. Show from the Scriptures why you would say that Jesus didn't follow the Law, serving the Father.
I am not 'giving my opinion'. Nor did I say that Jesus didn't follow the law. I said he didn't obey the law to the letter, as was claimed.
I am surprised you do not know the scripture. It is about how the religious folk accused Jesus of supporting acts contrary to the laws of the sabbath.
The religious leaders did not successfully disparage Jesus over the Law because he never broke it. They claimed that his disciples broke the Law by eating grains from the field on the Sabbath. That was just their burdensome inflation of the Law. The disciples were threshing wheat by breaking off a few heads to eat?? That was ridiculous. Jesus said that they piled burdens on the people of their own making. These religious leaders made up many laws of their own, such as you had to wash your hands up to your elbows when you washed your hands. This was not in Jehovah's Law. The Jews had a whole set of laws that Jehovah did not have anything to do with. Jesus never broke the Law, he may have broken the Jews' own set of man-made laws.
Thank you for highlighting the issue of additional laws imposed by the religious leaders and how Jesus approached them. Your point underscores the perspective I put forth in noting that Jesus didn't necessarily adhere strictly to every aspect of the Law, particularly the man-made laws.

Jesus' teachings often emphasized the essence and spirit of the Law rather than getting caught up in excessive regulations. As you rightly mentioned, Jesus confronted the burdensome additions and man-made laws that had become disconnected from the original intent of the Law given to Moses. He sought to simplify and refocus on the core principles.

In fact, Jesus summarized the entire Law into two central commandments: loving The Father with all one's heart, soul, and mind, and loving one's neighbor as oneself.

This emphasis on love and compassion highlighted the underlying principles that should guide human conduct. By doing so, Jesus redirected attention to the heart of the Law, promoting a more meaningful and genuine relationship with The Father and with fellow human beings.

Understanding Jesus' teachings in this light offers a perspective that goes beyond a rigid legalistic approach. It invites us to reflect on the core principles and intentions behind the Law, allowing us to navigate its true essence and significance.

It's important to acknowledge that interpretations may vary among individuals and religious traditions. However, exploring the way Jesus engaged with the additional laws and the principles he emphasized can lead to a deeper understanding of his teachings and their transformative impact.

Therefore, when I read your statement "Jesus practiced pure worship of Israel's God. He obeyed the Law to the letter." I think only of those two commandments as being how Jesus went about practicing "The Letter of The Law".