Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #1

Post by POI »

Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

For debate: How does one get to Heaven? What is God's criteria for His selection process? Is it by grace alone, belief/faith alone, works alone; or it is a combination of the three? Or is it maybe other? Please, not only present your case, but please also explain why the other asserted methods are incorrect.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

POI
Prodigy

Re: Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #161

Post by POI »

1213 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 am
POI wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:16 pm
1213 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:53 am
POI wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:16 am ...Since all will 'sin', is this your final answer?...
If all will sin, no one will get the eternal life. I believe some are righteous and will get the life. At some point there may have been only unrighteous people, but I don't think that is the permanent situation for all. If person is born anew as Jesus told, I don't think that person has sin.
But we've been over this... The Bible states no one is righteous. (i.e.):...
Yes, maybe at that point no one was righteous.
According to the Bible, aside from Jesus, no one IS righteous. I've asked you several times now. Are you going to pick an option? Salvation is achieved by:

A) unconditional grace --> all are saved
B) conditional grace --> by the topic of (faith/belief)
C) conditional grace --> by the topic of (works)
D) B & C
E) No one receives salvation, because no one is worthy
f) If other, please clarify

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

POI
Prodigy

Post #162

Post by POI »

Attention Christians,

If you guys and gals cannot clarify how salvation is achieved, then you too must acknowledge that the explained 'way to salvation' is incoherent --> (or not clear). I will posit the repeated unanswered question to all Christians once again.

Salvation is achieved by?:

D) B & C

If you opt for an option F), please clarify? And please make sure it would not actually involve the categories/topics of B) and C).

POI
Prodigy

Post #163

Post by POI »

Yet, another bump:

Attention Christians,

If you guys and gals cannot clarify how salvation is achieved, then you too must acknowledge that the explained 'way to salvation' is incoherent --> (or not clear). I will posit the repeated unanswered question to all Christians once again.

Salvation is achieved by?:

D) B & C

If you opt for an option F), please clarify? And please make sure it would not actually involve the categories/topics of B) and C).

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #164

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:20 pm Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

For debate: How does one get to Heaven? What is God's criteria for His selection process? Is it by grace alone, belief/faith alone, works alone; or it is a combination of the three? Or is it maybe other? Please, not only present your case, but please also explain why the other asserted methods are incorrect.
1) Only the little flock( Luke 12:32) is promised heaven-they are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3) these are the anointed= the bride of Christ, to rule as kings and priests on thrones alongside Jesus( Rev 1:6,, Rev 20:6)
The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) gets this promise from Jesus= Matt 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

2) Jesus was clear at Matthew 7:21--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved)--He summed that will up in a single teaching--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT years of studying to learn and apply every utterance. Few bother. One fact that goes with that is--The real teachers on earth that have Jesus, make 100% sure the flock does exactly that, without fail. So all can look at their teachers right now and see if they have Jesus.
My teachers do it like this--Each week a bible reading is given-example Genesis 1-3 chapters, sometimes 2 chapters if they are long, the next week-Genesis 4-6, etc,etc,etc, it never stops. Then that week at the meeting the ones taking the lead discuss the major points all need to know, then my teachers ask the flock--what did you appreciate from this weeks reading--That way all get all the finer points from different perspectives. That is the only way teachers can be sure the flock is learning every utterance correctly.

POI
Prodigy

Post #165

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm
POI wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:20 pm Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

1) Only the little flock( Luke 12:32) is promised heaven-they are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3) these are the anointed= the bride of Christ, to rule as kings and priests on thrones alongside Jesus( Rev 1:6,, Rev 20:6)
The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) gets this promise from Jesus= Matt 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

2) Jesus was clear at Matthew 7:21--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved)--He summed that will up in a single teaching--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT years of studying to learn and apply every utterance. Few bother. One fact that goes with that is--The real teachers on earth that have Jesus, make 100% sure the flock does exactly that, without fail. So all can look at their teachers right now and see if they have Jesus.
My teachers do it like this--Each week a bible reading is given-example Genesis 1-3 chapters, sometimes 2 chapters if they are long, the next week-Genesis 4-6, etc,etc,etc, it never stops. Then that week at the meeting the ones taking the lead discuss the major points all need to know, then my teachers ask the flock--what did you appreciate from this weeks reading--That way all get all the finer points from different perspectives. That is the only way teachers can be sure the flock is learning every utterance correctly.
Is your answer D)?

D) B & C

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #166

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:31 pm

Is your answer D)?

D) B & C

I showed you what Jesus teaches on the matter and who are actually his. Works builds a strong living faith that will endure under pressures--Faith without works is dead James taught. So Faith and works go hand in hand. All sin that is why it is grace, none deserve to enter Gods kingdom. God hates all sin. Sin = worship to satan. Those who practice sin have 0 chance-Matt 7:22-23--one who works iniquity= practices a sin.

POI
Prodigy

Post #167

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:43 pm

Is your answer D)?

D) B & C

I showed you what Jesus teaches on the matter and who are actually his. Works builds a strong living faith that will endure under pressures--Faith without works is dead James taught. So Faith and works go hand in hand. All sin that is why it is grace, none deserve to enter Gods kingdom. God hates all sin. Sin = worship to satan. Those who practice sin have 0 chance-Matt 7:22-23--one who works iniquity= practices a sin.
No, you really didn't. Be prepared for a whole jar of pickles.

-- The deceased unborn, deceased infants, deceased toddlers, the severely brain damaged, etc., would not perform any of the works you have listed; which would be deemed acceptable or necessary by god. Thus, are they automatically not saved? Or, do they get a free pass? A) or D)?

--- If 'faith without works is dead", then many have NO chance. And not because they had any choice in the matter. Answer D)?

--- This is why I ask about "conditional grace". All will "sin", even you. You will 'sin', up until the point of your natural death. This will happen, regardless of your devotion. Answer A)?

--- If NONE deserve "to enter the Kingdom", then the answer is E)?

--- Since ALL practice sin, because all are sinners, then the answer is E)?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #168

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:07 pm

Is your answer D)?

D) B & C

-- The deceased unborn, deceased infants, deceased toddlers, the severely brain damaged, etc., would not perform any of the works you have listed; which would be deemed acceptable or necessary by god. Thus, are they automatically not saved? Or, do they get a free pass? A) or D)?

--- If 'faith without works is dead", then many have NO chance. And not because they had any choice in the matter. Answer D)?

--- This is why I ask about "conditional grace". All will "sin", even you. You will 'sin', up until the point of your natural death. This will happen, regardless of your devotion. Answer A)?

God is merciful, he will take all things into consideration concerning like those you mentioned.
Not all practice sin. Especially these 2 unacceptable lists-1Cor 6:9-11,, Gal 5:19-21--The Greek word for spiritism = Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of spiritism. Both spots teach--Will not enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of those sins. The sadness of reality = along with those 2 lists and all the false God worship on earth= 99%.

POI
Prodigy

Post #169

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 pm
POI wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:07 pm

Is your answer D)?

D) B & C

God is merciful, he will take all things into consideration concerning like those you mentioned.
Not all practice sin. Especially these 2 unacceptable lists-1Cor 6:9-11,, Gal 5:19-21--The Greek word for spiritism = Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of spiritism. Both spots teach--Will not enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of those sins. The sadness of reality = along with those 2 lists and all the false God worship on earth= 99%.
So what is the answer? Sounds like the the standard is not the same for everyone? Is it?

A) unconditional grace --> for some?.?.?.?
D) B & C

brunumb
Savant

Post #170

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 pm God is merciful, he will take all things into consideration concerning like those you mentioned.
So, no rules. God just decides depending on his mood at the time. Got it.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.