Change in abortion laws in United States

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Change in abortion laws in United States

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

It is a huge ruling. It all depends upon when life is regarded as beginning and whose life is more important, mother or child. Abortion is killing, no doubt about it, whether early or late. I wouldn't think any woman would take the step without thought and anguish? Also it is a terrible thing for doctors and nurses to do.
I am fortunate never to have been in this situation myself. Yet I have friends, women who have been raped - who went on to have their child and had the baby adopted. I do not know anyone who had an abortion. I suppose they are less likely to tell anyone.

So is this legal ruling right or wrong?

Tcg
Savant

Re: Change in abortion laws in United States

Post #11

Post by Tcg »

Rose2020 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:00 am [Replying to Tcg in post #9]

God is our all powerful creator and I consider my part is to obey and pray. Not question His actions.
We are each free to accept God or not.
The only way one could consider Bible god to be love is to not question the actions attributed to it. The Bible is full of atrocities including multiple genocides attributed to it. Love does not equal genocide. Once again you have failed to address the reality of the God presented in the Bible.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Miles
Savant

Re: Change in abortion laws in United States

Post #12

Post by Miles »

Rose2020 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 am [Replying to Miles in post #5]

Our capacity for evil, not God's.
And who is responsible for providing the evil that arises within us? GOD!.... We may have the capacity for evil, but it's god who provides the fuel.

God is love and we choose Him or the Devil to follow.
And as much as god may be love he is also the genesis of all evil, which he readily admits to:

Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

........................ Did you get that?....... "I CREATE EVIL"....... My, how nice of your Lord.