evolutionary attack

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

evolutionary attack

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is there a word for when one creature convinces another creature to not do something in its evolutionary interest?

Like when a cuckoo bird takes over a nest and the other bird feeds it thinking it is feeding its children?

Or more to my point, if I can convince someone they are gay or should not have children because of the planet or there is no God - what would be the word for that?
Last edited by Wootah on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: evolutionary attack

Post #61

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:34 am
Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:38 amWhat do you mean by misuse? Do you mean you don't take antibiotics because of the chance of creating a superbug over time?
I take them when I have something bacterial that needs antibiotics, but I'm careful about taking them correctly. I also don't use topical antibiotics unless the wound actually appears infected and then I use them until the wound is healed. Yes, because of the superbug thing.
This even counts for hand sanitizers. Pre-covid we were warned about overuse.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #62

Post by Difflugia »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:15 amThis even counts for hand sanitizers. Pre-covid we were warned about overuse.
And if you live in an area that chlorinates water, there are most likely chlorine-resistant bacteria living on your shower head.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Wootah
Savant

Post #63

Post by Wootah »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:34 am
Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:38 amWhat do you mean by misuse? Do you mean you don't take antibiotics because of the chance of creating a superbug over time?
I take them when I have something bacterial that needs antibiotics, but I'm careful about taking them correctly. I also don't use topical antibiotics unless the wound actually appears infected and then I use them until the wound is healed. Yes, because of the superbug thing.
So that seems like many people who do take antibiotics too often to me? Does it to you?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #64

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to brunumb in post #60]

Yes that is my example. But you deny that example so what is an example?

Wootah
Savant

Post #65

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:56 am
Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:09 am OK let's take another tack. You show me one example of someone using evolution to justify something they do.

Because if we can't find even one that satisfies your view then we don't need to worry about finding many.
The problem here is in attempting to meld the scientific - evolution - with the religious - "sin".

As an atheist, until someone can show me they know the mind of God, I have no need to attempt to justify my "sin".

This is kinda the problem the religious encounter when they fuss about "sin" - their complete and utter inability to show sin is anything other'n the upset some folks try to justify by declaring a god they can't show exists has an opinion they can't show he does.

"Evolutionary attack"?

This OP is an empty attack.
I didn't bring up this tangent Joey.

Wootah
Savant

Post #66

Post by Wootah »

Tcg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:34 am Yep. All those nasty little babies God killed in the flood and in the Passover event and in the genocides and of course the poor little baby that sinned by being born as a result of David's adultery. He was such a bad little guy to be born as a result of David's lustful and eventually murderous action. And let's not forget he was a man after God's own heart. David that is, not the murdered baby. What a shining example of God's heart.

Oh, and by the way, I've never watched Die Hard or any other of those shoot and kill people flicks.

Tcg
But yes our children often pay the price for our crimes.

Well, it's not too late. But not essential either.

brunumb
Savant

Post #67

Post by brunumb »

Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:17 pm [Replying to brunumb in post #60]

Yes that is my example. But you deny that example so what is an example?
:? But if you go back and look I granted you that one, but asked you to support Ken Ham's many. It's your position so don't ask me to defend it for you.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #68

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:38 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:56 am
Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:09 am OK let's take another tack. You show me one example of someone using evolution to justify something they do.

Because if we can't find even one that satisfies your view then we don't need to worry about finding many.
The problem here is in attempting to meld the scientific - evolution - with the religious - "sin".

As an atheist, until someone can show me they know the mind of God, I have no need to attempt to justify my "sin".

This is kinda the problem the religious encounter when they fuss about "sin" - their complete and utter inability to show sin is anything other'n the upset some folks try to justify by declaring a god they can't show exists has an opinion they can't show he does.

"Evolutionary attack"?

This OP is an empty attack.
I didn't bring up this tangent Joey.
If you'd ask why I find it pertinent, you might get a little bit closer to understanding why it's not a tangent.

Instead, like so many theists on this site, you dismiss what you so obviously don't understand.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #69

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #68]

Actually, if you stop being offended and look at the topic it is a very deep issue. Everyone is verbally pushing and pulling each other all the time and if you are not careful you will find yourself without a family or a future or even a penis these days if you listen to the wrong voices.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #70

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:13 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #68]
Actually, if you stop being offended and look at the topic it is a very deep issue.
You're the one carring on about trying to convince folks to be gay. I'd say You're offended by their mere existence.
Everyone is verbally pushing and pulling each other all the time and if you are not careful you will find yourself without a family or a future or even a penis these days if you listen to the wrong voices.
See.

I happen to hear voices that ain't there. I take meds.

Maybe you should find a doctor, and give up the potential Christian self hatred of homosexuality.
-Punkinhead Martin