evolutionary attack

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

evolutionary attack

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is there a word for when one creature convinces another creature to not do something in its evolutionary interest?

Like when a cuckoo bird takes over a nest and the other bird feeds it thinking it is feeding its children?

Or more to my point, if I can convince someone they are gay or should not have children because of the planet or there is no God - what would be the word for that?
Last edited by Wootah on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: evolutionary attack

Post #41

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:05 am [Replying to brunumb in post #35]

Yes, just like communism has never been tried. Or is the no true scotsmen fallacy at work?
My thing is that dictators, despots, and dastards'll relate any ideology that furthers their aims.

If we're to fuss about atheism getting folks to do em some ill, then we need to also fuss about Christians or other groups who do em some of it too.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #42

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 am

Yes, just like communism has never been tried. Or is the no true scotsmen fallacy at work?
My thing is that dictators, despots, and dastards'll relate any ideology that furthers their aims.

If we're to fuss about atheism getting folks to do em some ill, then we need to also fuss about Christians or other groups who do em some of it too.
I think we should be able to examine one ideology at a time without bringing in whataboutism. But yes, scrutinise everything. But yes, to pretend darwinism wasn't a root cause of Nazism and many other social ills is very blind. Communists are especially proud of being atheists.

https://religions.wiki/index.php/Mao_was_an_atheist

But don't worry the article says it wasn't the cause of his immorality.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 am

I think we should be able to examine one ideology at a time without bringing in whataboutism. But yes, scrutinise everything. But yes, to pretend darwinism wasn't a root cause of Nazism and many other social ills is very blind. Communists are especially proud of being atheists.

https://religions.wiki/index.php/Mao_was_an_atheist

But don't worry the article says it wasn't the cause of his immorality.
My point is that immorality's gonna occur regardless.

For Christians to point a finger at atheists, then say "Whoa now, let's just stick to atheistic immorality" ain't nothing but an inability to see the stick in that'ns eye cause of the plank in your own.

Morality, being opinion, is not exclusive to Christians.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #44

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:49 pm

For Christians to point a finger at atheists, then say "Whoa now, let's just stick to atheistic immorality" ain't nothing but an inability to see the stick in that'ns eye cause of the plank in your own.

Yes, but evolution is literally survival of the fittest. If someone gets murdered they were maladapted to the environment. When Genkis Khan went on his bloody path through history he won.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... es%20later.

But for a Christian to murder, a real, true, going to heaven Christian, is for them to not be following the Way.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:21 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:49 pm

Yes, but evolution is literally survival of the fittest. If someone gets murdered they were maladapted to the environment. When Genkis Khan went on his bloody path through history he won.
The individual murderer may have won, but the tribe / society is harmed.

If your god didn't tell you murder was wrong, would you fetch about murdering folks?
But for a Christian to murder, a real, true, going to heaven Christian, is for them to not be following the Way.
I'll bet an ornery old mule that Christian speaks with a Scottish accent.
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #46

Post by brunumb »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:25 am [Replying to brunumb in post #37]

I posted a link to a news article. What are you talking about?
Yes. I addressed that in Post #35. Let me try again.

Even if I granted you this one example as being valid though (I'm not), Ham stated the following:

"The growing acceptance of atheistic evolution has resulted in many rejected God as Created. Over the years, many have used evolution to justify sinful behavior.".

Are you able to offer any support for the claim of many? Can Ham honestly make that claim if there is no irrefutable evidence for it to be found?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #47

Post by JoeyKnothead »

brunumb wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:54 pm

Even if I granted you this one example as being valid though (I'm not), Ham stated the following:

"The growing acceptance of atheistic evolution has resulted in many rejected God as Created. Over the years, many have used evolution to justify sinful behavior.".

Are you able to offer any support for the claim of many? Can Ham honestly make that claim if there is no irrefutable evidence for it to be found?
There's also the issue of how we can confirm a god considers anything sinful.

All I seem to ever hear is Christians bleating about stuff they don't like.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #48

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Tcg in post #40]

Unfortunately, the tangents are not being created by me. Maybe not every post of mine is directed to you either. Threads can be hard to follow at the best of times.

Wootah
Savant

Post #49

Post by Wootah »

brunumb wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:54 pm

OK let's take another tack. You show me one example of someone using evolution to justify something they do.

Because if we can't find even one that satisfies your view then we don't need to worry about finding many.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #50

Post by Difflugia »

Wootah wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:50 amOK let's take another tack. You show me one example of someone using evolution to justify something they do.
I personally use evolution to justify not misusing antibiotics. Does that count?
My pronouns are he, him, and his.