Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #151

Post by myth-one.com »

AquinasForGod wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:28 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #149]

That is not the definition of person in Catholic theology of the Trintiy and hypostatic union. We have to consider the jaron.

The definition of person in the dictionary is about individuals, so two person is two individuals. This is not the case with person in the Trinity. The persons are not individuals, so three persons is still one individual. The person of Christ, this has to do with his formal substance and not his material substance. This gets deep into scholastic metaphysics, which would take way to much time to explain here.

To make it simple, there is only one mind of Christ that experiences or shares in two natures, the divine and the natural.

Is Jesus Christ still alive in His natural bodied state?

AquinasForGod
Sage

Post #152

Post by AquinasForGod »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:12 pm
AquinasForGod wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:28 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #149]

That is not the definition of person in Catholic theology of the Trintiy and hypostatic union. We have to consider the jaron.

The definition of person in the dictionary is about individuals, so two person is two individuals. This is not the case with person in the Trinity. The persons are not individuals, so three persons is still one individual. The person of Christ, this has to do with his formal substance and not his material substance. This gets deep into scholastic metaphysics, which would take way to much time to explain here.

To make it simple, there is only one mind of Christ that experiences or shares in two natures, the divine and the natural.

Is Jesus Christ still alive in His natural bodied state?
Yes, his resurrected glorified body that doesn't die, the same body we will have when we resurrect.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #153

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:12 pm Is Jesus Christ still alive in His natural bodied state?
AquinasForGod wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:28 pm Yes, . . .
There is no natural bodied being which doesn't die. And if He has a flesh and blood natural body, then He cannot inherit the Kingdom of God according to the scriptures:

I Corinthians 15:49-50
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;...
AquinasForGod wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:28 pm . . . his resurrected glorified body that doesn't die, . . .
Believers will receive that glorified spiritual body that doesn't die which is Jesus' inheritance earned under the original Covenant between God and mankind.

And If Jesus gives those who believe in Him as their Savior His just inheritance of everlasting life, He cannot also accept His inheritance!

And since His mission as a man has been successfully completed, there is no longer any reason for Him to exist in the natural bodied state.

So He becomes synonymous with the spiritual bodied Word from which He was made.

He will return to the earth and rule it forever with those who believe in Him and received His gift of everlasting spiritual bodied life.

DB
Student

Post #154

Post by DB »

[Replying to AquinasForGod in post #152]

You put much too much faith in the works of men - those who you haven't a clue of their inspiration or salvation. In other words, to hell with Aquinas, Ignatius, Augustine, Luther, Spurgeon, myself and you - we don't establish doctrine based on the opinions of the aforementioned people.

Absolutely no where on the Bible are found the terms: trinity, triune, three-in-one, two-in-one (natures of Christ), god-man, God the son, incarnation, hypostatic union, ...
You have not a single didactic or explicit statement in regard to the doctrine of the trinity. God is called the Father well over a thousand times in the Bible, and never, ever called the son or the holy spirit. And He is 99% of the time referred to in the singular, and only four times referred to in the plural '...let us...'

In other words, you trinitarians break every single hermeneutical principle in order to establish this doctrine: making the exceptions the rule, lacking definitive and unambiguous proof-text, employing non-biblical verbiage and thought, ... All of your leading proponents declare that the trinity is not a teaching in the Bible, but an inferred doctrine - which is entirely incriminating considering that such a concept would require the most explanation of all the doctrines in the Bible. Especially when lesser topics take up 100 times more space and effort in Scripture.

And, worst of all, it always concludes to the most repugnant nonsense in every facet of its theology: utter redundancy of three all-powerful persons in one Godhead. A soteriology or judicial system where God comes down from heaven to obey and love Himself, in order to be able to sacrifice Himself to Himself, in order to be raised from the dead by Himself, and then place Himself beside Himself on adjacent thrones in heaven.

Diabolical nonsense!

AquinasForGod
Sage

Post #155

Post by AquinasForGod »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #153]
There is no natural bodied being which doesn't die. And if He has a flesh and blood natural body, then He cannot inherit the Kingdom of God according to the scriptures:
I am familiar with the verse, yet the resurrected Jesus went to heaven. He was not a ghost, which is why he ate food to show the disciples he wasn't a ghost.
Luke 24:39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
So rather, it is about the corruptible cannot inherit the incorruptible. And this is why Christ was resurrected in a glorified body, one that is immortal, though it have flesh and bone.
1 cor 15:53For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.

AquinasForGod
Sage

Post #156

Post by AquinasForGod »

DB wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:34 am [Replying to AquinasForGod in post #152]

You put much too much faith in the works of men - those who you haven't a clue of their inspiration or salvation. In other words, to hell with Aquinas, Ignatius, Augustine, Luther, Spurgeon, myself and you - we don't establish doctrine based on the opinions of the aforementioned people.

Absolutely no where on the Bible are found the terms: trinity, triune, three-in-one, two-in-one (natures of Christ), god-man, God the son, incarnation, hypostatic union, ...
You have not a single didactic or explicit statement in regard to the doctrine of the trinity. God is called the Father well over a thousand times in the Bible, and never, ever called the son or the holy spirit. And He is 99% of the time referred to in the singular, and only four times referred to in the plural '...let us...'

In other words, you trinitarians break every single hermeneutical principle in order to establish this doctrine: making the exceptions the rule, lacking definitive and unambiguous proof-text, employing non-biblical verbiage and thought, ... All of your leading proponents declare that the trinity is not a teaching in the Bible, but an inferred doctrine - which is entirely incriminating considering that such a concept would require the most explanation of all the doctrines in the Bible. Especially when lesser topics take up 100 times more space and effort in Scripture.

And, worst of all, it always concludes to the most repugnant nonsense in every facet of its theology: utter redundancy of three all-powerful persons in one Godhead. A soteriology or judicial system where God comes down from heaven to obey and love Himself, in order to be able to sacrifice Himself to Himself, in order to be raised from the dead by Himself, and then place Himself beside Himself on adjacent thrones in heaven.

Diabolical nonsense!
If I want to understand what happened at a car accident, I need to understand the eyewitnesses. If I am far removed from an event and from a person that taught ideas, I will best understand those ideas by those that are closest to the event. If the eyewitnesses wrote a book, I will best understand their writings by those that lived close to when the book was written.

The historical fact is we don't see these modern doctrines tracing back to the followers of Jesus. History shows us they believe in the virgin birth, in the divinity of Christ, in the death and resurrection.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #157

Post by Brightfame52 »

He is the Righteous Judge !

The Lord Jesus Christ is God because He is the Righteous Judge Paul mentions here 2 Tim 4:8

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

In the greek it reads, the Lord the Righteous Judge ! The definite article before Lord and before Righteous Judge means He is the One and Only Judge of the Righteous.

Now the OT scriptures says Ecc 3:17

I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Paul is one of the Righteous, and God shall Judge the Righteous, and Paul looks to Christ to do that at His Appearing !

Paul knew that Christ is God !

DB
Student

Post #158

Post by DB »

AquinasForGod wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:29 am
DB wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:34 am [Replying to AquinasForGod in post #152]

Diabolical nonsense!
If I want to understand what happened at a car accident, I need to understand the eyewitnesses. If I am far removed from an event and from a person that taught ideas, I will best understand those ideas by those that are closest to the event. If the eyewitnesses wrote a book, I will best understand their writings by those that lived close to when the book was written.

The historical fact is we don't see these modern doctrines tracing back to the followers of Jesus. History shows us they believe in the virgin birth, in the divinity of Christ, in the death and resurrection.
I understand the extent of their usefulness, but also their subversiveness. Even the deuterocanonical books have their worth, but we don't begin with either the Patristics nor extraneous material in order to apologize or determine doctrine.
My brief outline should be enough to dispel one's belief in such implausible and unbiblical nonsense - despite who or how many believed it.

AquinasForGod
Sage

Post #159

Post by AquinasForGod »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:59 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:12 pm Is Jesus Christ still alive in His natural bodied state?
AquinasForGod wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:28 pm Yes, . . .

I Corinthians 15:49-50
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;...
AquinasForGod wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:28 pm . . . his resurrected glorified body that doesn't die, . . .
Believers will receive that glorified spiritual body that doesn't die which is Jesus' inheritance earned under the original Covenant between God and mankind.

And If Jesus gives those who believe in Him as their Savior His just inheritance of everlasting life, He cannot also accept His inheritance!

And since His mission as a man has been successfully completed, there is no longer any reason for Him to exist in the natural bodied state.

So He becomes synonymous with the spiritual bodied Word from which He was made.

He will return to the earth and rule it forever with those who believe in Him and received His gift of everlasting spiritual bodied life.
However, that is not what the bible says. Jesus proves to them he is flesh and bones and even asks if they have food to eat so he can eat it in front of them, proving he is flesh and bones.

Luke 24:39 English Standard Version
See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

The bible never claims that Jesus transformed into something else. His glorified, celestial body has flesh and bones as he said.

When Thomas touched him, it doesn't say he bled or Thomas became bloody. This is important as it seems his glorified body doesn't need blood.

Paul says flesh AND blood cannot inherit the kingdom, not that flesh and bone cannot.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #160

Post by Brightfame52 »

My Lord and My God !

Jn 20:28

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

In the original Thomas is confessing Jesus Christ as the Lord of me, and The God of me !

There is but One God and Lord of God's True People Israel

Deut 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mk 12:29

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Cor 8:6

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the One Lord, So He is the One God Deut 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Back to Thomas's statement of Faith Jn 20:27-29

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Believed what ? That the Lord Jesus Christ is His Lord and His God of Israel Deut 6:4 !

This is the Faith of God's Elect, to confess such Mystery, not many have it.

Now this is not to say that all who confess Jesus as Jehovah are True Believers when they also believe in Salvation by works, but it does inform us, that any being a True Believer as Thomas was manifested to be, then they must have Faith and Believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is also the one and only Jehovah God. Its not even a question, its an Apostle Doctrine.36