Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #401

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:00 am @onewithhim
You have shown me no truthful evidence,
Yes I have, you just can't see it. To give you eyes to see is above my pay grade.
You fail to see that every knee shall bend to Jesus "to the glory of God the Father." (See the scripture you quoted above: Phil.2:10,11.) Jehovah deserves all the glory and honor, and Jesus is the means by which He receives the glory. Everything Jesus did reflects back to the Father, to the Father's glory.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #402

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God because of His Attributes displayed here,

Jesus speaking says this: Rev 2:19-24

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Now scripture says in another place that only one searches the hearts of men,

1 Kings 8:39

Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)

Jer 17:10

I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #403

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #402]

I don't know what you are trying to prove using Revelation 2:19-24. It mentions the Son of God and doesn't give any inference to Jesus being God. He repeatedly is referred to as the Son of God, and he called himself that. Nowhere does he claim to be God. (See John 10:36.)

Your reference to IKings and Jeremiah shows us that the Father, YHWH, is being referred to there, and He is God and He is the one who knows the hearts of men. He has given Jesus the ability to know them also, but those scriptures refer to Jehovah.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #404

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #403]

Post 402 shows that Jesus is God, but you cant see it. Thats not my issue, only Jesus Himself can cause you see

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #405

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God, even the Mighty God,

Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 10:21

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God

onewithhim
Savant

Post #406

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:22 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #403]

Post 402 shows that Jesus is God, but you cant see it. Thats not my issue, only Jesus Himself can cause you see
The Son of God indeed has caused me to see. I'm sorry that you can't see that Jesus is the Son and not the Father. (Only the Father is God---John 17:3; I Corinthians 8:6.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #407

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:07 pm Jesus is God, even the Mighty God,

Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 10:21

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God
No. The "mighty god" in Isaiah 9:6 is translated from the Hebrew word "Gibbohr" which does not refer to the Almighty God. Only Jehovah is "El Shaddai," (God Almighty) and not the Son. Jehovah can be BOTH El Shaddai and El Gibbohr, but Jesus is just El Gibbohr. So the "God" in that verse should have a small "g." Jesus is a mighty god but not God Almighty.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #408

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #406]

The Son of God is God, thats what Im showing you from scripture, but you deny it, thats not good.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #409

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #407]

Yes Jesus the son given is the mighty God, the one and only in Isa 9:6

The same Mighty God in the next chapter Isa 10:21

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Jer 32:18

Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #410

Post by Difflugia »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:27 pmNo. The "mighty god" in Isaiah 9:6 is translated from the Hebrew word "Gibbohr" which does not refer to the Almighty God. Only Jehovah is "El Shaddai," (God Almighty) and not the Son. Jehovah can be BOTH El Shaddai and El Gibbohr, but Jesus is just El Gibbohr. So the "God" in that verse should have a small "g." Jesus is a mighty god but not God Almighty.
That's theological speculation on your part. While it's a plausible reading, it's not necessitated by the text itself. El Gibbor can mean either "a mighty god" or "Mighty El." Your no has exactly as much (or as little) scriptural basis as a contrasting yes.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.