Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is the Lord of Hosts !

Post #31

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is the Lord of Hosts !

Jesus is the Lord of Hosts ! Those who do not believe that scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is also God in addition to being the Son of God, they simply do not believe the scripture testimony, which makes them in spite of their religious profession ,unbelievers, for they are no more believers in Christ than a atheist is !

Now with that, Isiah gives scripture testimony of seeing the King, The Lord of Hosts Isa 6:5

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts or Yahweh of Hosts.

What and who Isiah saw was the Glorified God Man Mediator, The Lord Jesus Christ in His Glory, for this is confirmed by NT scripture Jn 12:41

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Compare that with Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Notice also what Isiah said about His Train in Vs 1 that it filled the Temple, that is His skirt or garment, that of the High Priest. The skirt is the hebrew word shuwl:

skirt (of robe)

a) of high priest's robe

This is a Vision of Christ, God Man as the Great High priest of God's People Heb 4:14

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

This could not be a Vision of the Father, for no man has seen God the Father at anytime ! Whereas Isa said of the King , the Lord of Hosts :

for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts

So Isiah did not see the Father here with His Eyes ! But yet the Being whom He saw was indeed :

for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord or Yahweh of hosts.

And it was Jesus Christ he saw Jn 12:39-41

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Those who do not Believe from this witness of scripture that Jesus Christ is The Yahweh of Hosts that Isiah saw ,it is because Jn 12:40 is True of them !27

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Jesus is the Lord of Hosts !

Post #32

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:51 pm Jesus is the Lord of Hosts !

Jesus is the Lord of Hosts ! Those who do not believe that scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is also God in addition to being the Son of God, they simply do not believe the scripture testimony, which makes them in spite of their religious profession ,unbelievers, for they are no more believers in Christ than a atheist is !

Now with that, Isiah gives scripture testimony of seeing the King, The Lord of Hosts Isa 6:5
Jesus Christ did not exist until the New Testament. So there is no way Isiah actually "saw" Jesus.

Isaiah is a book pf prophesy -- foretelling what will occur in the future.

Isaiah may have "seen" Jesus in a dream or vision.

The Book of Isaiah begins with the four words "The vision of Isaiah."
Isaiah 1:1 wrote:

The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.

Jesus was born about 2022 years ago in Bethlehem.

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #33

Post by Brightfame52 »

mythone
Jesus Christ did not exist until the New Testament.
Obviously you ignored the scripture I shared !

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #34

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:27 pm mythone
"Seeing" some being in a vision or dream is not proof of their existence!

Sweet dreams.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #35

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Sweet dreams.
All I can say is that you flip off scripture whenever you take a notion.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #36

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:17 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Sweet dreams.
All I can say is that you flip off scripture whenever you take a notion.
OK. So are you claiming that the man Jesus Christ was born prior to the New Testament, or that dreaming of something makes that something exist, or both?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #37

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #36]

Was born of the virgin before the NT ? No But did He exist before the NT Yes.

Daniel saw Him and called Him The Lord of Hosts. Either way, Daniel when He saw Him, called Him the Lord of Hosts, who is God. There is only one Lord of Hosts.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #38

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #36]

Was born of the virgin before the NT ? No But did He exist before the NT Yes.
N0, He did not. The Word existed since the beginning. Jesus is not the same as the Word. The Word is a spiritual bodied being and Jesus was a natural physical bodied man.
Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 pm Daniel saw Him and called Him The Lord of Hosts. Either way, Daniel when He saw Him, called Him the Lord of Hosts, who is God. There is only one Lord of Hosts.
Is this about the vision or dream again?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #39

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #38]

Yes He did. Who was in the furnace with the 3 hebrew boys ? Dan 3:25

He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #40

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:50 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #38]

Yes He did. Who was in the furnace with the 3 hebrew boys ? Dan 3:25

He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Ralph?

Your "proof" that Jesus lived during Old Testament times is that someone saw an image in a dream or vision that was "like the Son of God."

The verse does not state that the form of the fourth person was the Son of God!

So that is not "proof" that Jesus was alive prior to His Birth as described in the New Testament.

It could also have been Ralph.