Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #411

Post by onewithhim »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:23 am
onewithhim wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:27 pmNo. The "mighty god" in Isaiah 9:6 is translated from the Hebrew word "Gibbohr" which does not refer to the Almighty God. Only Jehovah is "El Shaddai," (God Almighty) and not the Son. Jehovah can be BOTH El Shaddai and El Gibbohr, but Jesus is just El Gibbohr. So the "God" in that verse should have a small "g." Jesus is a mighty god but not God Almighty.
That's theological speculation on your part. While it's a plausible reading, it's not necessitated by the text itself. El Gibbor can mean either "a mighty god" or "Mighty El." Your no has exactly as much (or as little) scriptural basis as a contrasting yes.
OK, and the same could be said about your "yes." Your "yes" has exactly as much (or as little) scriptural basis as a contrasting "no."

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #412

Post by Difflugia »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:02 pmOK, and the same could be said about your "yes." Your "yes" has exactly as much (or as little) scriptural basis as a contrasting "no."
That's why I don't assert that it must be read a particular way. Are you agreeing to stop doing that?
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #413

Post by onewithhim »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:07 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:02 pmOK, and the same could be said about your "yes." Your "yes" has exactly as much (or as little) scriptural basis as a contrasting "no."
That's why I don't assert that it must be read a particular way. Are you agreeing to stop doing that?
Fair enough.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #414

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God because everything was Created for Him, which can only be said of God Almighty Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Prov 16:4

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #415

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:27 am Jesus is God because everything was Created for Him, which can only be said of God Almighty Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
It is not God Almighty that is referenced at Col 1:16. Verses 15 and 16 refer to Jesus (as a separate individual from God Almighty). In verse 15 it says that Jesus is---not God---but the image of the invisible God, the first thing that was directly created by God alone. By means of Jesus everything else was created FOR the glory of his Father, Almighty God.

Prov 16:4 does not contradict this viewpoint. Jehovah has made all things for himself, and his Son does everything to bring glory to Jehovah. Jesus is the means by which Jehovah has made all things for himself.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #416

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #415]

Jesus is God, the One who Created all things for Himself !

onewithhim
Savant

Post #417

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:16 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:27 am Jesus is God because everything was Created for Him, which can only be said of God Almighty Col 1:16

It is not God Almighty that is referenced at Col 1:16. Verses 15 and 16 refer to Jesus (as a separate individual from God Almighty). In verse 15 it says that Jesus is---not God---but the image of the invisible God, the first thing that was directly created by God alone. By means of Jesus everything else was created FOR the glory of his Father, Almighty God.

Prov 16:4 does not contradict this viewpoint. Jehovah has made all things for himself, and his Son does everything to bring glory to Jehovah. Jesus is the means by which Jehovah has made all things for himself.
:approve: :D

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #418

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:55 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:16 pm

:approve: :D
But if no one can see GOD, how can JESUS CHRIST be HIS image? This seems to be the answer: https://www.redemptionofhumanity.org/if ... -john-118/

otseng
Savant

Post #419

Post by otseng »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #417]

9. No unconstructive one-liners posts are allowed in debates.

Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the Thank button. For anything else use PM.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #420

Post by JehovahsWitness »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:44 pm
But if no one can see GOD, how can JESUS CHRIST be HIS image?
Are you suggesting a human cannot be in Gods image?
GENESIS 1:26

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8