Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Peterlag
Student

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #91

Post by Peterlag »

Jesus never taught the Trinity even when he had good opportunities to do so, and we see this when Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:1-42) and told her he was the Messiah, but nothing more. Jesus did not take the opportunity to teach the Trinity when he asked the Apostles who they thought he was, and Peter said that Jesus was the Christ (Matthew 16:17-20). Also he said he was the Messiah, but did not say a word about the Trinity when he healed the man who had been born blind (John 9:35-38). Trinitarians also commonly say that Jesus claimed to be God, and for that reason the Jews hated him and tried to kill him, but that is not the case because Jesus had been stating in various ways that he was the Messiah, and that is what the Jews were upset about. The Jews all throughout their history made a clear distinction between “God” and the “Messiah” and they did not think the Messiah was going to be God or a “Person” in a triune God.

The Jews would not have considered Jesus a threat, but insane if he had walked around saying he was God. But it was a threat for Jesus to claim to be the Messiah of God and also walk around doing miracles. Jesus had not been claiming to be God in the flesh and this is why the Jews never asked him at his trial if he was God in the flesh, but instead they asked him about what he had been claiming to be, which was the Messiah. Mark 14:61-62 records the High Priest asking “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" And Jesus said "I am.” The High Priest tore his garments and said he deserved to be put to death when Jesus stated he was the Messiah. So we see that the Jews correctly assessed that Jesus had been claiming to be the Christ, and that Jesus indeed said he was the Christ, and also that the Jews thought his claim was worthy of the death penalty.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #92

Post by myth-one.com »

Peterlag wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:17 pm Jesus never taught the Trinity even when he had good opportunities to do so, and we see this when Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:1-42) and told her he was the Messiah, but nothing more. Jesus did not take the opportunity to teach the Trinity when he asked the Apostles who they thought he was, and Peter said that Jesus was the Christ (Matthew 16:17-20). Also he said he was the Messiah, but did not say a word about the Trinity when he healed the man who had been born blind (John 9:35-38). Trinitarians also commonly say that Jesus claimed to be God, and for that reason the Jews hated him and tried to kill him, but that is not the case because Jesus had been stating in various ways that he was the Messiah, and that is what the Jews were upset about. The Jews all throughout their history made a clear distinction between “God” and the “Messiah” and they did not think the Messiah was going to be God or a “Person” in a triune God.

The Jews would not have considered Jesus a threat, but insane if he had walked around saying he was God. But it was a threat for Jesus to claim to be the Messiah of God and also walk around doing miracles. Jesus had not been claiming to be God in the flesh and this is why the Jews never asked him at his trial if he was God in the flesh, but instead they asked him about what he had been claiming to be, which was the Messiah. Mark 14:61-62 records the High Priest asking “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" And Jesus said "I am.” The High Priest tore his garments and said he deserved to be put to death when Jesus stated he was the Messiah. So we see that the Jews correctly assessed that Jesus had been claiming to be the Christ, and that Jesus indeed said he was the Christ, and also that the Jews thought his claim was worthy of the death penalty.
The only possible indication of any "Trinity" which I know of in the Bible is the following verse:
1 John 5:7 wrote:For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Throughout the Bible, Jesus Christ is also addressed as the Son of God, the Word, the Savior, the Lamb of God, Teacher, and other names. The Holy Ghost is also called the Holy Spirit and Comforter. God is generally spoken of as God, God the Father, or simply Father. That is, all three are referred to as individual beings.

Is the Trinity of God one spiritual body with separate functions being delegated to parts of that body?
I Corinthians 12:12 wrote:For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
On the other hand, the phrase, "and these three are one," could have a completely different meaning than presently believed. These verses could indicate that all three beings are one in agreement and purpose. Remember that the archangel Satan and other angels rebelled against God. The Son of God and the Holy Spirit never questioned God the Father's authority. Therefore, all three are in agreement as one being as to their plan and goals. That is, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in agreement and purpose. Thus they are as one being.

We may not understand this completely until the Second Coming when we shall see Him (or them) face to face.

Peterlag
Student

Post #93

Post by Peterlag »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #92]

1 John 5:7 is not even in any of the older Greek Bibles. It was added later and this is well known.

Peterlag
Student

Post #94

Post by Peterlag »

The pronouns in the Bible that refer to “God” are singular and there are lots of them. “The Hebrew Bible and the New Testament contain well over twenty thousand pronouns and verbs describing the One God” (Anthony Buzzard and Charles Hunting, The Doctrine of the Trinity: Christianity’s Self-inflicted Wound, International Scholars Publications, New York, 1998, p. 17). Singular pronouns include “I” “my” and “he.” We would expect it to say “For God so loved the world that they gave the Father’s only begotten Son….” if “God” were composed of three co-equal beings who each had their own mind and together agreed to send Christ. The fact that the pronouns in the Bible refer to “God” as a singular being is also evidence that there is no Trinity.

The Old Testament prophecies about the coming Messiah foretold that he would be a human being who would be the offspring of Eve (Genesis 3:15); a descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18); a descendant of Judah (Genesis 49:10; a prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15); a son of David (2 Samuel 7:12-13; Isaiah 11:1); a king ruling under Yahweh (Psalm 110:1); and a ruler from among the people of Israel (Jeremiah 30:21). That explains why the people were all expecting a human Messiah. Psalm 110:1 merits special attention because it's especially clear but has been misunderstood and misrepresented by most English versions that read “The LORD says to my Lord….” The word “LORD” is Yahweh, but many Trinitarian commentators argue that “my Lord” in this verse is the Hebrew word "adonai" that is another name for God, and that would provide proof of the divinity of the Messiah. But the Hebrew text does not use "adonai" but rather "adoni" which is always used in Scripture to describe human masters and lords, but never God.

The Old Testament refers to the Messiah as “one like a son of man” and the phrase “son of man” was a Semitic idiom for a human being and it's used that way throughout the Old Testament. The phrase “son of man” also became a title of the Messiah when Daniel referred to him as “one like a son of man” (Daniel 7:13) and that explains why Jesus called himself “the son of man” many times. The use of the “son of man” in reference to the Messiah is one more piece of evidence that Jesus was fully human and one more reason that people were expecting the Messiah to be human. The New Testament teaches Jesus was a man and Jesus himself said he was “a man who has told you the truth” John 8:40. Jesus was not being disingenuous and hiding his “divine nature” but rather was making a factual statement that reinforced what the Jews were expecting of the Messiah—that he would be a fully human man.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #95

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus claims to be God by His words here Rev 2:23

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Yes, He is claiming to be God by this statement " I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts" and to follow " I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Now this is a definite claim to being God if we know our bibles and the scriptures, for only one can lay claim to being able to do that, Its a claim only God can make !

Jere 17:10

10 I the Lord [Yahweh] search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

1 Kings 8:39

Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men )

Solomon is praying to Yahweh Elohim in this context Vs 28

28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:

Now if Jesus is not One with Elohim Yahweh here, then He lied in Rev 2:23. Its to be noted that in the greek Rev 2:23 does have the definite article following the verb eimi and before the verb search

καὶ τὰ τέκνα αὐτῆς ἀποκτενῶ ἐν θανάτῳ: καὶ γνώσονται πᾶσαι αἱ ἐκκλησίαι ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ἐραυνῶν νεφροὺς καὶ καρδίας, καὶ δώσω ὑμῖν ἑκάστῳ κατὰ τὰ ἔργα ὑμῶν.

I believe that He is saying, That I am the One and Only as Per 1 Kings 8:39 that Knowest the heart to give to every man according to His ways or deeds !

Again, this is a Glorious Prerogative only belongs to God ! 32

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #96

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:17 am
Jesus claims to be God . . .

So God died for your sins?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #97

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:44 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:17 am
Jesus claims to be God . . .

So God died for your sins?
Yes, in the Person of Jesus Christ who is God. So do you believe Jesus is also God with the scripture evidence that has been provided you ?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #98

Post by Brightfame52 »

If God Almighty could miraculously become or make Himself a Man, What would that Man Be Like, and would He still be God at the same time as being that Man ?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #99

Post by Brightfame52 »

Remember thy Creator

Ecclesiastes 12:1

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

Jesus Christ is Our Creator, no doubt about it if we believe scripture. Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

In this verse we read that by Him were all things Created. The prep here is en and denotes His instrumentality in the Creation of all things. He served the purpose of means of Creation, He was the means by which we and all things were Created both medially as He was the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 and constructively as in Col 1: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Then it teaches in the latter part of Vs 16 that all things were made for and by Him.

Now the word by here is a different prep its dia which I believe now means:

the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

All things were Created because of Him. This seems to be because of the word for eis [unto]

Thats because the World was Created for a Redemptive Purpose in Him.

Jn 1:3

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Man or Adam was made by Him, and without Him Man / Adam could not have been made !

In Fact, Adam in being made in the Image of God, was Made in Christ's Image who is the Image of God 2 Cor 4;4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Gen 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And Adam was stated to be the figure [image] of Him that was to come, which was Christ. Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

That word figure typos means:

the mark of a stroke or blow, print

2) a figure formed by a blow or impression

a) of a figure or image

b) of the image of the gods

So Adam in being Created in the Image of God, He was a Type of Christ, who is God His Creator.

Remember God said Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The Mediator Christ is one of the Us !

So we cannot remember Our Creator Ecclesiastes 12:1 if we do not accept the Fact, which scripture presents, Christ is God The Creator. 32

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #100

Post by Brightfame52 »

Was The Lord Jesus Christ under Personal Responsibility to render obedience to the Law of God ? For scripture says that He was made of a woman and under the law Gal 4:4

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

He was to obey it Heb 10:5-9

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

No, Jesus Christ was not under any personal obligation to obey the Law for Himself, but yes He was under Covenantal Obligation to the Father to obey the whole Law in the place of others, God's Elect.

But to obey the Law in the place and stead of others, He himself would have to be free from such obedience, and if He had not been God in His Divine Nature, then His Own obedience , God would have demanded for Himself personally and not for thousands upon thousands of others , for He would be a creature like them and owe His own Obedience. As God, and yet Man, He was not under Personal obligation to anyone, because God has no one over Him to be accountable to, but as Man He subjected Himself to Obedience to God, a Very Unique Person indeed.

Jesus was claiming the status of God here by the way Matt 12:8

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

When did it begin ? Gen 2:1-4

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

All things were made by Him John 1:3

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

Technically, He was not under any obedience to the Sabbath Day, He made it for man ! 33