Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #441

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:26 am Jesus ALONE is the Great Judge...
Jesus says also:

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don’t seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

If Jesus does the will of His God, who is the ultimate judge?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #442

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #441]

I just answered Duh

onewithhim
Savant

Post #443

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:45 pm [Replying to 1213 in post #441]

I just answered Duh
The ultimate Judge is Jehovah, the only true God. (John 17:3) He gives authority to Jesus to be able to judge. After God has made his enemies a stool for his feet, Jesus hands back the Kingdom to his Father and God.

"Next, the end, when he [Jesus] hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as King until God has put all enemies under his feet....For God 'subjected all things under his feet.' But when he says that 'all things have been subjected,' it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone." (I Corinthians 15:24-28)

Therefore, the ultimate Judge is Jesus' God and Father.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #444

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #443]

All Judgement is to Christ, not the Father

The Father judgeth no man

Jn 5 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

So this is the Son being referred to here Ps 9:7-8

7 But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.

8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Same as Acts 17 31

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

So Jesus is both Lord [Jehovah] and Man

onewithhim
Savant

Post #445

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #443]

All Judgement is to Christ, not the Father

The Father judgeth no man

Jn 5 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

So this is the Son being referred to here Ps 9:7-8

8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Same as Acts 17 31

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

So Jesus is both Lord [Jehovah] and Man
He is not. Jehovah judges at times through Jesus. Everything Jesus does is authorized by Jehovah, who is the "only true God." (John 17:3) Jesus said himself that he could do nothing without observing his Father doing it or authorizing it. (John 5:19; Matthew 28:18)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #446

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #444]

The point was.....Jesus judges but his authority comes from Jehovah. Since that is true, Jehovah is the ultimate judge, and I Corinthians 15:24-28 shows that Jesus ultimately gives back the Kingdom to Jehovah. It is Jehovah on the "white throne." Jesus could not be Jehovah. Does he give back to himself?

"Next, the end, when he [Jesus] hands over the kingdom to his God and Father....When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One [Jehovah] who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone." (I Corinth.15:24,28)

Does Jesus subject himself to himself?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #447

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #445]

Yes, Jesus is God Man, and He is going to judge you in that Day

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #448

Post by Brightfame52 »

@onewithhim
The point was.....Jesus judges but his authority comes from Jehovah.
As Man Yes, but not as He is God. See if He wasnt God inherently also, He wouldnt be qualified as a mere Man,

Hence He is Jehovah here Ps 9:7-8

8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness
, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness

onewithhim
Savant

Post #449

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:57 am @onewithhim
The point was.....Jesus judges but his authority comes from Jehovah.
As Man Yes, but not as He is God. See if He wasnt God inherently also, He wouldnt be qualified as a mere Man,

Hence He is Jehovah here Ps 9:7-8

8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness
, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness
No, Jesus is not God. At I Corinthians 11:3 we are told that "the head of the Christ is God." Therefore, everything Christ has comes from his Father, Jehovah.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #450

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #449]

Yes He is God and Man, thats what the scripture teaches.