Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Anger

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

Are you an angry person?

The Bible warns that this emotion is the most destructive. It makes us lose control, sin and paves the path to hell. It must delight the devil when we are seething because we are his to direct into doing dreadful things. I think anger also leads to serious illness for you, even death if extreme enough.

I am guilty as anyone. In my life I have been very angry at times and regretted it . As I grow older I realise the dangers and lack of benefits of it. So I lay my anger at Christ's feet. That calms me.

So what do you do when enraged by someone - do you have a way of dealing with it without harming anyone?

Diagoras
Guru

Re: Anger

Post #11

Post by Diagoras »

Rose2020 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:04 pm [Replying to Diagoras in post #8]
Absolutely, things are made very easy indeed for the Devil. It is the wide easy road towards him.
Why is that, I wonder? Who is ‘making things easy’ for Satan?

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #12

Post by Rose2020 »

[Replying to Tcg in post #10]

What matters is not whether someone calls themselves a Christian and goes to church. Though that is a good start. It is one's personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is vital along with Bible study.

The Bible says the way to hell is wide, easy and many are on it. The narrow way is hard and few want to go that way. Because it means self - denial and serious thought about accepting Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #13

Post by Rose2020 »

[Replying to Diagoras in post #11]

All who choose to reject God. Choosing the easy way of believing in this world it's empty values and in their own wisdom instead of God's.

Tcg
Savant

Post #14

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Rose2020 in post #12]

As I've already documented, the most popular religion in all the world is Christianity. It therefore is unquestionably the wide path. Rastafarianism is perhaps the least popular religion and is most likely the narrow path. It probably leads to a good buzz.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #15

Post by Rose2020 »

[Replying to Tcg in post #14]

If you are determined not to understand, then you won't. I hope you will one day though. Jesus Christ transforms a man's whole life.

Tcg
Savant

Post #16

Post by Tcg »

Rose2020 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 am [Replying to Tcg in post #14]

If you are determined not to understand, then you won't. I hope you will one day though. Jesus Christ transforms a man's whole life.
I understand perfectly. What evidence can you provide to support your claim that I don't.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom