Jesus/God resurrected? What about his foreskin?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Jesus/God resurrected? What about his foreskin?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

What about the foreskin that was cut off of Jesus? Was that not tossed into the trash ? Or eaten by sone dog digging in the trash ?

That never resurrected. Did it?

What happened to the dead piece of jesus/ God? It seems that he has not completely resurrected. Not if part of him remained dead. Right?

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Jesus/God resurrected? What about his foreskin?

Post #2

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Avoice,

LOL I found your topic rather amusing! It is however a very good question, which deserves careful understanding regarding what the resurrection of Jesus Christ provides for each and everyone of us.

On a more serious note, I think that a more complete answer can only be gained by an in-depth understanding of the wonderful gift and impact upon all of us which was freely given by he who was the first fruits of the resurrection.

My understanding is that:

I soon go to a rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again d reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the e air, to meet you before the f pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen

And behold, again, another sign I give unto you, yea, a sign of his death.
For behold, he surely must die that a salvation may come; yea, it behooveth him and becometh expedient that he dieth, to bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, that thereby men may be brought into the presence of the Lord.
Yea, behold, this death bringeth to pass the a resurrection, and re- deemeth all mankind from the first death—that spiritual death; for all mankind, by the fall of Adam being cut off from the presence of the Lord, are considered as e dead, both as to things temporal and to things spiritual.
17 But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.

And now, did they understand the law? I say unto you, Nay, they did not all understand the law; and this because of the hardness of their hearts; for they understood not that there could not any man be saved b except it were through the redemption of God.

For behold, did not Moses prophesy unto them concerning the coming of the Messiah, and that God should redeem his people? Yea, and even all the prophets who have prophesied ever since the world began—have they not spoken more or less concerning these things?

Have they not said that a God himself should come down among the children of men, and take upon him the form of man, and go forth in mighty power upon the face of the earth?

Yea, and have they not said also that he should bring to pass the a resurrection of the dead, and that he, himself, should be oppressed and afflicted?

And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come a as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.

And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no a sting, there could have been no resurrection.

But there is a a resurrection, there- fore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of b death is swallowed up in Christ.

He is the a light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

Dear Avoice, the following should when properly understood, give a clear answer to you OP question regarding the resurrection.

“The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.”

Best regards,
RW

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:44 pm Dear Avoice,

LOL I found your topic rather amusing! It is however a very good question, which deserves careful understanding regarding what the resurrection of Jesus Christ provides for each and everyone of us.

On a more serious note, I think that a more complete answer can only be gained by an in-depth understanding of the wonderful gift and impact upon all of us which was freely given by he who was the first fruits of the resurrection.

My understanding is that:

I soon go to a rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again d reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the e air, to meet you before the f pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen

And behold, again, another sign I give unto you, yea, a sign of his death.
For behold, he surely must die that a salvation may come; yea, it behooveth him and becometh expedient that he dieth, to bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, that thereby men may be brought into the presence of the Lord.
Yea, behold, this death bringeth to pass the a resurrection, and re- deemeth all mankind from the first death—that spiritual death; for all mankind, by the fall of Adam being cut off from the presence of the Lord, are considered as e dead, both as to things temporal and to things spiritual.
17 But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.

And now, did they understand the law? I say unto you, Nay, they did not all understand the law; and this because of the hardness of their hearts; for they understood not that there could not any man be saved b except it were through the redemption of God.

For behold, did not Moses prophesy unto them concerning the coming of the Messiah, and that God should redeem his people? Yea, and even all the prophets who have prophesied ever since the world began—have they not spoken more or less concerning these things?

Have they not said that a God himself should come down among the children of men, and take upon him the form of man, and go forth in mighty power upon the face of the earth?

Yea, and have they not said also that he should bring to pass the a resurrection of the dead, and that he, himself, should be oppressed and afflicted?

And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come a as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.

And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no a sting, there could have been no resurrection.

But there is a a resurrection, there- fore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of b death is swallowed up in Christ.

He is the a light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

Dear Avoice, the following should when properly understood, give a clear answer to you OP question regarding the resurrection.

“The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.”

Best regards,
RW
So, the penis before circumcision is more perfect than afterword when the detached foreskin signals a covenant between god and oneself? Interesting. I would have thought that establishing a covenant between god and oneself would make one more perfect. ("more perfect" yes I know ;) ) But what do I know, an old atheist.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #4

Post by myth-one.com »

Avoice wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:31 am What about the foreskin that was cut off of Jesus? Was that not tossed into the trash ? Or eaten by sone dog digging in the trash ?

What happened to the dead piece of jesus/ God? It seems that he has not completely resurrected. Not if part of him remained dead. Right?
If it was not buried or entombed, why would it need to be resurrected?

What about all of His hair which was cut prior to His death?

He didn't have long hair -- so there must be lots of His hair which wasn't resurrected.

Maybe it's in the Vatican.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #5

Post by The Nice Centurion »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:23 pm
Avoice wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:31 am What about the foreskin that was cut off of Jesus? Was that not tossed into the trash ? Or eaten by sone dog digging in the trash ?

If it was not buried or entombed, why would it need to be resurrected?

What about all of His hair which was cut prior to His death?

He didn't have long hair -- so there must be lots of His hair which wasn't resurrected.

Maybe it's in the Vatican.
First time in my live that I see someone say that Jesus didnt have long hair.

Still, Jesus long hair isnt in the bible and neither his circumcision. Both are only assumed today.

Possible is that the holy couple, blessed with having their own incarnated god as their kid, did not circumcise him because seeing the pointlessness of letting god closing in on a pact with himself.

Or else if he was circumcised but later raised from tomb in a new spiritual body than the fate of his old body is as misterious as that of his foreskin.

Of course it follows that the question araises if spiritual bodys do come already without a new spiritual foreskin or not.

Aniway; Serveral catholic monasterys claim possession of this holy artifact, some claim to be at least in possession of a holy piece of it.

Hope to have been of help.
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

elphidium55
Student

Post #6

Post by elphidium55 »

There actually are depictions in medieval art of Jesus' foreskin ascending to heaven. LOL!