Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Science Fiction and Religion?

Post #1

Post by Inquirer »

What do people think about the spiritual aspects of science fiction? Many SF stories (the good ones) are less about science per-se and more about how people behave in situations where normality has fled.

Good SF (and I'm a big SF fan) is always thought provoking, often dealing with scenarios in which the players are put in situations that ordinarily are inconceivable.

I regard Twilight Zone as perhaps the best ever representation of science fiction outside of the novel, but what do you think? what is the appeal to you (if any) of science fiction? the science? the mystery? the theological implications? what?

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: Science Fiction and Religion?

Post #2

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Inquirer in post #1]
I regard Twilight Zone as perhaps the best ever representation of science fiction outside of the novel, but what do you think? what is the appeal to you (if any) of science fiction? the science? the mystery? the theological implications? what?
This looks like a General Discussion topic as there is no question for debate but rather a solicitation of opinions on what is appealing about Sci-Fi.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Tcg
Savant

Re: Science Fiction and Religion?

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Moderator Action

Moved to an appropriate subforum.

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.

[Replying to Inquirer in post #1]