ADAM WAS NOT DECIEVED - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

ADAM WAS NOT DECIEVED - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

The message of the gospel is the central thread which runs through every account in the Bible. The problem is that because the gospel is the spiritual message of the Bible, it is often concealed within the literal account of historical events in the Bible. The Bible refers to is as the spiritual meaning which can be seen by God's people if they search for it. One such example is that of the fall of Adam and Eve. On the surface, we see the serpent talking with Eve. But why did Satan specifically go after Eve and not Adam? Because of who each of them represent spiritually. The Bible tells us that Adam was a figure or typified Christ.

Romans 5:14 (KJV 1900)
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Since Adam spiritually represented Christ, then Eve (Adam's wife) represented the bride of Christ (the true believers).

2 Corinthians 11:2 (KJV 1900)
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Using this spiritual comparison, now we can see why Satan targeted Eve, because Eve, the wife (like the true believers) was the weaker vessel.

Thus Satan deceived Eve into sinning. Eve was deceived, but Adam wasn't.

1 Timothy 2:14 (KJV 1900)
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Well, if Adam was not deceived, then why did he also sin? Well, if we keep the spiritual picture in mind of who they represent, then this scripture comes to mind.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV 1900)
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Adam was not deceived into sinning, he sinned willingly because his wife sinned. In other words, he who knew no sin (like Christ) became sin because his wife (the true believers) had become sin. And his punishment was death.

Genesis 3:17–19 (KJV 1900)
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Can anyone see the spiritual picture of the gospel in the account of the fall of mankind per the scriptures?

Revelations won
Sage

Re: ADAM WAS NOT DECIEVED - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #61

Post by Revelations won »

Greetings to all JW's

After reviewing the various replies I see some good points and some not so good. While opinions differ on this topic I suspect that there is a most important fundamental question that should be understood and answered correctly.

You JW's have not responded to the following question. You seem quick to debate other questions, but I am curious why you are afraid to answer the following question. To make it easier for you, a simple yes or no answer would suffice for starters.

DID GOD THE FATHER IN ALL HIS WISDOM AND ALL KNOWING PLAN, INTEND FOR US AS HIS SPIRIT CHILDREN TO BE TRIED AND TESTED AS MORTAL BEINGS? IN OTHER WORDS IS MORTALITY A PART AND PARCEL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN?

Let's examine the evidence.

Kind regards,
RW

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #62

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Revelations won wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:52 pm To all respondents,

After reviewing the various replies I I see some good points and some not so good. While opinions differ on this topic I suspect that there is a most important fundamental question that should be understood and answered correctly.

DID GOD THE FATHER IN ALL HIS WISDOM AND ALL KNOWING PLAN, INTEND FOR US AS HIS SPIRIT CHILDREN TO BE TRIED AND TESTED AS MORTAL BEINGS? IN OTHER WORDS IS MORTALITY A PART AND PARCEL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN?

Let's examine the evidence.

Kind regards,
RW
Sorry, I thought I already responded to this, but it looks like I didn't. I saw you posted this early on in this thread and I neve replied, so I don't want you to think that I was avoiding it, just missed it. The answer to your question is, yes in both accounts. The reason we know this is because God already made the necessary provision through Christ, who took upon himself the sins of his chosen people and place them on himself and die and resurrect, all before even creating the world.

Revelation 13:8 (KJV 1900)
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

2 Timothy 1:9 (KJV 1900)
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in (through) Christ Jesus before the world began,

God's creation then portrayed the message of the gospel in every event of creation, as well as the rest of the Bible. Adam, for example, when God made him from the dust of the earth, he could have made him a living being all at one shot. But Adam was created from the dust as a body which had no life. It wasn't until God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of lives that Adam became a living being with a body and a soul, both of which were capable of dying only if they broke God's commandment. And the day Adam and Eve sinned, they died, just like God said, meaning their soul died. And later, their body followed suit.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #63

Post by Revelations won »

Greetings to all JW's

After reviewing the various replies I see some good points and some not so good. While opinions differ on this topic I suspect that there is a most important fundamental question that should be understood and answered correctly.

You JW's have not responded to the following question. You seem quick to debate other questions, but I am curious why you are afraid to answer the following question. To make it easier for you, a simple yes or no answer would suffice for starters.

Are there any JW's willing to answer the above question in this debate topic? I have made it very easy to respond with a simple YES or NO answer.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #64

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:07 am Greetings to all JW's

Are there any JW's willing to answer the above question in this debate topic? I have made it very easy to respond with a simple YES or NO answer.

Kind regards,
RW
There are a nimber of dubious premises in your queston and you will have to define your terms before I can respond with any degree of accuracy.

You speak of "a plan" but there is a difference between a plan and a purpose, we more acccurately speak of Gods original PURPOSE, when refuring to his intentions towards humans.
The bible indicates God is selective in his foreknowledge so it would be somewhat misleading to refer to his "all knowing plan" ; when God does plan he can consider every possible eventuality (and adapt accordingly to ensure success) but the way you put it implies he knew every decision individuals concerned would make and on thas we cannot agree.

I am also confused as to your reference to his "spirit children" as by our understanding that would be the angels. Humans being his human "children" at best.

If all of the above is implied in your final question, then I personally feel it best not to respond until you have clarified or removed the objectionable elements. Simple is sometimes best when it comes to asking questions.

DID GOD CREATE HUMANS TO EVENTUALLY DIE?

No. Gods original purpose was that humans live forever on earth.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

LIFE, DEATH and ...THE PURPOSE OF LIFE
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8